Sign in to follow this  
Who killed the Croutons

New building

Has the hotel made any difference to noise levels within CR? One of the positives may be containment of the sound...

Re other building I think yes we need 2/3 more players, Jan should see this happen but whilst we have land deal money coming in and planning permission lets get on with second tier on City Stand, get the ground levelled up and override the embarassment of a League 2 facility. Lets face it we know it needs to be done so why not sooner rather than later, with escalating building costs, finite resources (land/money),  increasing demand and fan base (yes even within the Championship)...capitalise now, make the investment for the future...do a deal with Carters call it the Flybe Stand whatever!      

The Hotel has definitely made a difference in terms of volume and the noise from Home fans in the lower Barclay and the away fans bounces off the hotel sending it back into the ground. Personally I think this makes the hotel a positive addition to ''The Cage''. I know there are loads of fans that would have rather seen an infill but the cost per seat associated with this development just doesn''t make financial sense. It is much better to wait and stick another tier on the city stand.

When this should happen though is another issue entirely. We are now in a state of transition with a new manager who will clearly have an idea of the types of players he wants to sign and of course the board will have an idea of what they are willing to spend. Prudence with ambition dictates that the higher up the tabel we are come January the more likely we are to spend. In recent years we have become a club that likes to bring players in on loan, this costs money and sometimes some fans seem to forget this whan talking about the money from Francis etc.

Given Grants recent quotes about youth, he is either clearly going to give a few of them a try, and if they prove succesful we can save the money to spend it on the ground.

Can''t agree with that WKtC.

We don''t want to fall in to the same trap as the binners. Overstretch

ourselves on the stadium, lose our best players to pay for it, slide

down the league, lose the attendances. Then what''s the point of a

30,000 seater stadium like they have when there''s only 20,000 in it?

We''re already top of the attendance league, lets match that with our real position in the league before we go a building again.

i agree we need a upper tier on the city stand. however the first priority must be buying new players.

a new tier can wait until we are established in the prem.

Good debate and valid points but in I disagree. Define established in the prem beyond two years and even then things can conspire to get any club relegated you dont downsize in football! However the point raised earlier re. matching league position/performance levels to ground size is perhaps the pertinent one..

My argument was based around the fan base increasing and the inevitablility of this expansion in relation to the clubs ambition and not forgetting the present size of the existing stand i.e. piddly and out of place. If it costs 9m now rather than say 15m in 5 years time why not commit now whilst we have income stream from land sales etc.  We need to compete and other clubs are cleverly financing expansion plans and these clubs I would consider our ''peers''. 

Of course the balance needs to be struck and investment must be made into the playing squad I''m just advocating a bit of a separatist approach to each area.

[quote user="Rudolph Hucker"]Does anyone else have reservations?[/quote][:D]As a budget hotel, will it be cheaper to get a pitch-side room on matchdays, rather than use Delia''s brassiere, or an entertainment hutch?

Totally agree ''Croutons'' on all your points. I can totally appreciate other views on this but to compare our situation with the binners is not quite fair. They do not, and never have,owned land whereas we have security to offer.

I suppose the romantic in me leans towards the second tier as soon as possible as the City Stand really does spoil the look of a potentially smart stadium. I can remember as a young(ish) man watching the City Stand being built and thinking why is it so small? An awful looking construction, a poor effort and a missed opportunity.

Based on the points you have already made, I think the board may act sooner rather than later, particularly when the latest land deal is secured.

Anyhow - why not ask Peter Grant - he''s right about everything else!!

[quote user="Rudolph Hucker"]Is Delias brassiere big enough for two twin beds?[/quote]Press the hooters for room service! I like to keep abreast of ground developments. Good to hear the hotel is helping to hold it all in.

[quote user="Rudolph Hucker"]Does anyone else have reservations?[/quote]

I believe the Apache''s have still got one...................

[quote user="Fat Barman"][quote user="Rudolph Hucker"]Does anyone else have reservations?[/quote]

[:D]
As a budget hotel, will it be cheaper to get a pitch-side room on matchdays, rather than use Delia''s brassiere, or an entertainment hutch?
[/quote]

And will the stewards/police be able to do anything about it if you choose to express your displeasure by baring your backside?!

[quote user="cluck"]

[/quote]Can I reserve a room with Shy Anne, or Sue?

[quote user="Fat Barman"][quote user="cluck"]

[/quote]
Can I reserve a room with Shy Anne, or Sue?
[/quote]

Consider it done..........[:D]