Sign in to follow this  
Charles Brough

Port Vale

Was that the game when Lee Mills scored a free kick towards the end to level at 2-2? I went to that one, about 97 i think?

Terrible atmos there as i remember ''cos the stands are really shallow

and low - any noise just disappears out of the stadium. Still, i

remember getting in as a student for about 6 quid!

Leon Constantine might be a threat but thats about all i''d say! George Abbey is good in defences but position for position we beat them hands down!

Good Luck Canaries!

[quote user="barclayendboy"]Well i am now off to Vale so lets hope it is 2-1 see yer all tomorrow
[/quote]

Wish I was going but I''m stuck indoors with a chest infection [:(]

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="barclayendboy"]Well i am now off to Vale so lets hope it is 2-1 see yer all tomorrow[/quote]

[/quote]Maybe that nice policeman could come round and take your particulars down then? [:D]

I rather like Vale Park.  It''s what a football ground should be, functional and unpretentious (just a matter of personal taste, not all of you will agree.)  There''s a pub nearby called the Vine that used to welcome away fans.

However, I''m still trying to erase from my memory the 6-1 thrashing we took there, which followed a 5-1 thrashing three days earlier at the Hawthorns.  It was about 1997 and Mike Walker was in charge.  Freezing cold it was too, just before Christmas.  I think we bought Matt Jackson a few days later. 

Keith O''Neill scored the goal if I recall.  That gives me an idea - "The Wasters XI". City players with bags of talent who "failed to apply themselves" - pissed it down the drain in other words.  Unfortunately, the first three that spring to mind are all Irish - McVeigh, Mulryne and the aforementioned O''Neill (I''m not biased - my grandad was Irish).  Can you do better?

I''ve been to Vales'' ground, believe me a chest infection might be the better option.

It''s sort of a scaffolding exhibition from what I remember.  There''s a half decent curry house just round the corner from the ground though, opposite from The George in Burslem.

Not that this information is of any use to anyone now - anyone going there has left.

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="barclayendboy"]Well i am now off to Vale so lets hope it is 2-1 see yer all tomorrow[/quote]

[/quote]

Seems like everyone''s got a cold at the moment, get better soon!

[quote user="mystic megson"]

That gives me an idea - "The Wasters XI". City players with bags of talent who "failed to apply themselves" - pissed it down the drain in other words.  Unfortunately, the first three that spring to mind are all Irish - McVeigh, Mulryne and the aforementioned O''Neill (I''m not biased - my grandad was Irish).  Can you do better?

[/quote]

GK:  Mark Walton

LB:   Victor Segura (!)

RB:  Develd

MID: Lee Marshall

MID Neil Emblen

RW: Mark Rivers

STR: Dean Coney

STR: Darren Beckford

LW: De Waard

[quote user="Fat Barman"][quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="barclayendboy"]Well i am now off to Vale so lets hope it is 2-1 see yer all tomorrow
[/quote]

[/quote]
Maybe that nice policeman could come round and take your particulars down then? [:D]
[/quote]

Is he allowed to say that?...............[:$]

[quote user="3canaries"][quote user="mystic megson"]

That gives me an idea - "The Wasters XI". City players with bags of talent who "failed to apply themselves" - pissed it down the drain in other words.  Unfortunately, the first three that spring to mind are all Irish - McVeigh, Mulryne and the aforementioned O''Neill (I''m not biased - my grandad was Irish).  Can you do better?

[/quote]

MID Neil Emblen

[/quote]

I''ve defended Fernando before! - the man was a dude (how eloquent of me)....

Keith O''Neill should be in there - talented footballer, shame about the attitude. 

Keith Scott - he was always so smug when he scored, but it never happened often enough for him to justify it.

any other Keith''s?

Slightly off point, but a lot of people called for Izale McLeod to be brought in, but when he played at CR for Derby a few years back, he was probably the worst opposition player I''d ever seen - even if he was 15.

[quote user="Rudolph Hucker"]Do you want me to come round with the vapour rub CA?[/quote]

Yes please [:)]

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

I''ve been to Vales'' ground, believe me a chest infection might be the better option.

It''s sort of a scaffolding exhibition from what I remember.  There''s a half decent curry house just round the corner from the ground though, opposite from The George in Burslem.

Not that this information is of any use to anyone now - anyone going there has left.

[/quote]

I agree, a chest infection sounds better! it is a hole. I also hate Stoke, possible the worst town on earth apart from maybe Luton. Although I was there a long time ago, i think we won 3-1 and Andy "embarrased to play for such a small insignificant team" Townsend scored twice.

[quote user="mbncfc"][quote user="3canaries"][quote user="mystic megson"]

[/quote]

MID Neil Emblen

[/quote]

I''ve defended Fernando before! - the man was a dude (how eloquent of me)....

Keith O''Neill should be in there - talented footballer, shame about the attitude. 

Keith Scott - he was always so smug when he scored, but it never happened often enough for him to justify it.

any other Keith''s?

Slightly off point, but a lot of people called for Izale McLeod to be brought in, but when he played at CR for Derby a few years back, he was probably the worst opposition player I''d ever seen - even if he was 15.

[/quote]

Hear hear! McLeod was Shocking! if this is the match we are thinking of he was about 17 i thought and every time he got the ball he ran it off for a throw in, his first touch went about 40 yards and he air kicked a few times too!

theres a reason he''s in League 2!

jas :)

I remember the 6-1, 5-1 in one week, double whammy. I was running a new Fat Cat in Ips***h at the time - you can just picture how much fun that was!