Sign in to follow this  
Scot Hay Canary

Thoughts on the Vale game

Jarvis didn''t enjoy being out on the left, slightly better when Eagle came on but seemed off the pace. Dublin held up the ball OK but watching him and Thorne was a bit like slow motion. Earnshaw not getting the service at the moment and this I think is the key. Yes we can keep a clean sheet although that was as much to do with Vale fluffing their lines as well as our defence but I would have liked to have seen Dublin and Earnshaw on the pitch together.

Be honest with you mate, Port Vale is a good footballing side, I was quite impressed with their front players, their number 10 and 20 were tall, but keep the ball quite well on ground and can pass to the support player from midfield, so I think the clean sheet is a bonus or positive to the result we get.

DIRE

Port Vale were a decent side, who outplayed us through more commitment and will to be there.We kept a clean sheet without looking solid, our midfield was overrun, although etuhu attacked well and minus huckerby we look short going forward. Earnshaw''s not getting service and when the chances did come Dublin missed 2 sitters. Oh dear

Another thing i noticed, when Earnshaw was on we seemed to keep tossing the ball up in the air to him which he couldnt reach, but as soon as we brought on Dublin and then thorne, we then started trying to pass and walk the ball in. It didnt make sense!

I agree the crossing for Earnie was daft he had no chance of getting his head on those , and Colin dissapoints me when he has a chance to overlap the fullback he seems to stop it,s so frustrating,  oh i do miss Culverhouse and Bowen.

I was quite impressed with our "Robbie Savage" lookalike. Played well and worked hard.

Just would like to see him take on the fullback when he was one on one a few times. Tend to cut in and the crosses were good, but wondering if he lacks pace or just the confidence to do that right now?

Any resersve spotting give any info on Eagle and pace?

P.S Nice to see you there XXL and Holty with you. Enjoy your stay.