Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Now Even Worthy Agrees with The Wizard!.

Sorry, could''nt resist that thread!.

Seriously now (tongue removed from cheek) I''ve taken some stick from the likes of Master Green, Mook, A1 etc, but now Worthy ( God I love that man now) has stated on TV, what others and have been saying for weeks, I suppose HE now does''nt live in the real world now!.

Many poster''s on here, have got slaughted for suppporting my threads, Snake Pit Rebel, Diane, Bury Belvoir and Gazza the Great etc etc, (Sorry for missing anyone out) well now it seems this demand for Hucks is supported by the manager, himself, Brilliant.

Now I''m not arrogant enough to suggest Worthy''s stance has anything to do with the likes of little old me, he is after all his own man, and whilst Doomcaster and his croonies may not listern to fans and myself, HE WILL at least listen to Nigel!!.

''Oh, its all gone quiet over there!''

I have not seen any messages on this board not supporting the purchase of Hux & NW has always held the same view, best player Ive ever worked with etc... the question has always been finances.

If we can afford it then of course we should buy him, however he is not worth sellingthe soul of the club for. If we have agreed a fee for him and the cash is there to buy him then come in no 6 your time is now and the cash was either always there or the share option have generated enough to close the gap.

Either way as the board have been trying to sign them does this mean they do have the ambition you say was missing?

And if it means the ambition is there, so are the finances that myself and others have said are missing (for which Mook, A1, myself, etc. have been equally slaughtered).

Perhaps a case of seeing things from a different perspective. You see the finances half full and ambition half empty, I see it the other way round?

Anyway, if I have offended anyone, I apologise. Hopefully others can be as magnanimous and we can all continue following the Yellow and Green in a new cordial light!

I never disagreed with the sentiment Wiz, purely the "toys out of the pram" method of delivery. OF COURSE we would obviously be a better team with Huckerby, but if you can''t afford him then it seems simple to me. Somehow, I can''t help thinking this whole "will he, won''t he" drama is being created by NCFC board and manager to look great in front of the fans. Still, that''s probably me being cynical.

ANYWAY - what I wanted to ask was IF we sign Huckerby, will everyone stop questioning the board''s "ambition" and stop referring to Doncaster as "Doomcaster"??

PLEASE?!?!

There will be no reason for you to carry on, and if you are real men/women you will stop complaining for the rest of the season now. Because, as so many people have pointed out, we will DEFINITELY get promotion with DH on board.

Oh, and please stop grouping me in with Master Green and A1?? We are independent thinkers you know, not sitting round a table working out the best way to spread doom and gloom on everyone!!

It would be totally wrong to suggest the money was always there. It wasn''t and I''ve heard that from several sources who really should know.

What has changed is funds from outside sources coming forward making pledges to make this happen.

Let''s hope it comes off.

If this deal comes off Mook, I will certainly belt up, don''t worry about that, pictures of SAINT Delia will adourn my lounge, and I will take up cooking using her reciepe''s.

As for Mr Doncaster (is that better) we will see, but I take all your other points

But, and hears the big but, Last night on Anglia TV, the club said we were a million miles apart with Manchester City, now today this, where did all the extra cash come from, which we did''nt have 12hrs ago!.

I think it''s the result of us playing the "you''ll have to lower your price" game with Man City - and then them thinking "we don''t care, Wigan and West Brom are still interested"!

first wiz

thank god eh, finally ............

the cash had nothing to do with it mate, it was worthy''s press call yesterday, must have caused a few of those old suits to panic, just a bit

still, all came good in the end

and hucks will be ours!! Yes!

At last we can all relax, unite and enjoy the football, god, i had almost forgotten this was a football club lol

I don''t think it''s all that much money anymore - the fee is not exorbitant and as long as Hucks agrees to his wages/pay off of contract, it''s ok. Man City are screwed financially and the word is (aren''t we all suddenly ''in the know''?!) that Huck had a tantrum and said he wouldn''t be messed around by Man City any more and that it wasn''t fair for them to stop him playing football by asking another club to pay him what Man City owe him. Keegan has been told he needs to get what money he can over the next few months otherwise he''s a) staring at relegation and b) looking at a dreesing room full of people who don''t want to play for him. The last thing he needs is another millionaire having a sulk. So we''ll have him instead!
NOTE OF CAUTION: Footballers are, by nature, a greedy species and West Brom have more money than us.

Gazzathegreat

Your comments relating to "the cash has nothing to do with it", are well wide of the mark, as you well know.

As I said earlier in this thread, this is happening because cash is coming from outside sources. If you think the Board have been sitting on a pile of cash all this time, you''re wrong.

Worthy''s comments to the press did raise a few eyebrow, but the reality is they''ve been working on this for sometime and there''s still some way to go.

For the avoidance of doubt, yes, we all want this to come off

No Mr Wizard it is not us, the supposed hidden conspirators that are wrong but your good self. I''ve not met any City fan who doesn''t want Huckerby.

What most recognise is that given the terms being asked and the money we have there was no way this could happen.

The one thing I have long argued about - paying off Huckerby''s contract at Man City is now the main sticking point. Something yourself and others always conveniently ignored.

What I have said all along was that negiotiations were ongoing, that should have been obvious to anyone - so making ridiculous assertions about the board, Delia etc were not accurate nor helpful.

What may also not have helpful was the possible weakening of City''s position by informing Man City that some of our fans would do anything to get Huckerby.

I think West Brom have chucked in an offer based on how far we and Man City had got. Doubt Wigan are that serious.

If it does prove that negotiations were ongoing I wonder who does come out of this looking silliest

The old rural joke about the two bulls stood on a hill looking down at a field of cows comes to mind.

The young hothead snorts, paws the ground and says " C''mon what you say, lets chase down there have a have some of them cows "

"Nope " says the older bull " lets stroll down and have them all "
(Master Green talking bull)

So - let me get this right - we want Man City to pay three-quarters of a mil and give us the best striker in the First Division. If this comes off, I will definitely believe in Father Christmas, and he''ll look like Kevin Keegan. permed white beard and all. It''ll be a great Christmas if it does happen.