Sign in to follow this  
The Original Yellow Fever

Grant: Music can be our twelfth man

Time for the return of Chic Aplin''s "The Canaries" and its b side the "Norwich City Calypso"

Happy Days.............an uncovered the river end, steam rising from the half time visit to the gents,  Moan U fans falling through the Barclay roof and players covered in mud from getting stuck in(why doesn''t that happen now?)

Okay then, ''Liquidator'' would be great but would be about the least original choice ever. Failing that ''Ace of Spades'' or, failing that, ''Jump Around'' by House of Pain. If not, what about ''Express Yourself'' by NWA???  

I thought the music they played when the players came onto the pitch at the moment is Queen - One Vision?  Not a great song in my mind, but the ''one vision mind psychology'' of scoring goals and winning the game could work I guess!!

I used to love it when they played Dont Stop Me Now - Queen before the match, that used to sound good. 

I still love Samba De Janeiro when a goal is scored tho

A bit of ''Heaven Knows I''m Miserable Now'' by the Smiths might have suited the Worthy reign.

I actually liked it at the end of last season when ''Buck Rogers'' by Feeder was played (only for a couple of games I think) as the teams came out. Also as mentioned Queen''s ''Don''t Stop Me Now'' should return pre-match.Samba de Janeiro is still great goal music. More original than that ''You''re avin a laff'' rubbish that 90% of other grounds play.

[quote user="Marty"]

quote user "Chunky! (Chris Plant)"]Chas and Dave - Combine Harvester

that is by the Wurzels not Chas and Dave, oh I''ve said too much!

[/quote]

Never have I been more embarassed to e-ssociate with clowns like you.

Chas n Dave Confused with (Adge Cutler &) The Worzels!!!!!!!

Rabbit Rabbit Rabbit Rabbit Rabbit Rabbit Rabbit Rabbit Rabbit Rabbit Rabbit Rabbit Rabbit Rabbit Rabbit Rabbit Rabbit Rabbit Rabbit Rabbit Rabbit Rabbit Rabbit Rabbit Rabbit Rabbit Rabbit Rabbit Rabbit Rabbit Rabbit Rabbit Rabbit Rabbit Rabbit Rabbit Rabbit Rabbit Rabbit Rabbit Rabbit Rabbit Rabbit Rabbit Rabbit Rabbit Rabbit Rabbit Rabbit Rabbit Rabbit Rabbit Rabbit Rabbit Rabbit Rabbit Rabbit Rabbit Rabbit Rabbit Rabbit Rabbit Rabbit Rabbit Rabbit Rabbit Rabbit Rabbit Rabbit Rabbit Rabbit Rabbit Rabbit Rabbit............... (repeat until bored)

[quote user="percyvarco"]

Time for the return of Chic Aplin''s "The Canaries" and its b side the "Norwich City Calypso"

Happy Days.............an uncovered the river end, steam rising from the half time visit to the gents,  Moan U fans falling through the Barclay roof and players covered in mud from getting stuck in(why doesn''t that happen now?)

[/quote]

Oh joy.  Whenever I hear "Sidesaddle" by Russ Conway (not often, admittedly), it takes me straight back to 1959.  Double desks in the classroom, inkwells, coke stove heating, a little pile of sawdust in the corner where some kid has thrown up . . . and, in the bleak midwinter, the most phenomenal Cup run there has ever been or will ever be.  That''s why I''m City till I die . . . dammit.

In their defence, the main reason players don''t get so muddy now is probably the improved quality of the playing surface.  It is true however that the muddiest players now tend to be the biggest divers.

[quote user="mystic megson"][quote user="percyvarco"]

[/quote]

Oh joy.  Whenever I hear "Sidesaddle" by Russ Conway (not often, admittedly), it takes me straight back to 1959.  Double desks in the classroom, inkwells, coke stove heating, a little pile of sawdust in the corner where some kid has thrown up . . . and, in the bleak midwinter, the most phenomenal Cup run there has ever been or will ever be.  That''s why I''m City till I die . . . dammit.

In their defence, the main reason players don''t get so muddy now is probably the improved quality of the playing surface.  It is true however that the muddiest players now tend to be the biggest divers.

[/quote]

Nothing wrong with a bit of wholesome nostalgia folks!

Mr. Pastry visiting our class at Bignold Infants wearing a Norwich City rosette..........happy days........

I''d like ''''Oh Happy days''''  [:D]

Was that excited last Sat that I didn''t take any notice of the music, which of the Proclaimers song was played when they ran out?

[quote user="Rudolph Hucker"]It wasn''t ''letter from america'' or whatever it''s called, it was their other one.[/quote]

i''m gonna be (500 miles) or something like that

I''m Gonna Be (500 Miles)

When I wake up, well I know I''m gonna be,
I''m gonna be the man who wakes up next to you
When I go out, yeah I know I''m gonna be
I''m gonna be the man who goes along with you
If I get drunk, well I know I''m gonna be
I''m gonna be the man who gets drunk next to you
And if I haver, hey I know I''m gonna be
I''m gonna be the man who''s havering to you

But I would walk 500 miles
And I would walk 500 more
Just to be the man who walks a thousand miles
To fall down at your door

When I''m working, yes I know I''m gonna be
I''m gonna be the man who''s working hard for you
And when the money, comes in for the work I do
I''ll pass almost every penny on to you
When I come home(When I come home), well I know I''m gonna be
I''m gonna be the man who comes back home to you
And if I grow , well I know I''m gonna be
I''m gonna be the man who''s growing with you

Just to be the man who walked a thousand miles

fa la la la (fa la la la)

When I''m lonely, well I know I''m gonna be
I''m gonna be the man who''s lonely without you
And when I''m dreaming, well I know I''m gonna dream
I''m gonna Dream about the time when I''m with you
When I go out(When I go out), well I know I''m gonna be
I''m gonna be the man who goes along with you
And when I come home(When I come home), yes I know I''m gonna be
I''m gonna be the man who comes back home with you
I''m gonna be the man who''s coming home with you

Da Da Da Dun Diddle Un Diddle Un Diddle Uh Da Da

And I would walk 500 miles

the power of Google...

Its just got to be Fredde Le Grande''s "Put Your Hands Up" (just need to replace Detroit with something more appropriate)

If you haven''t heard it - try this sample

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5ht62bnpc8

What a sight it would be be to see 20 odd thousand (ok - Barclay and Snakepit) jammin down like Flat Eric !!

WE LOVE THIS CITY!!