Sign in to follow this  
The Original Yellow Fever

Grant: Music can be our twelfth man

How weird, I''ve just this minute started a thread on the same subject - modifiers please delete.

For sheer spinetingling value it would have to be "Sweet Child Of Mine" by Guns ''n'' Roses - imagine that guitar intro echoing around the place . . .

David Bowie''s "Heroes" would be great - A superb and rousing anthem if ever there was one.

"We could be heroes, just for one day"

[quote user="The original Yellow Fever"]

Totall agree, except does it really have to be the Proclaimers? What entrance music do yo think should be played when the boys come on the pitch? I also  feel that something rousing is a MUST.

[/quote]

"Yellow" by Coldplay

The thought of 25,000 singing that works for me!!!!

the "right here right now" by fat boy slim.
"WE''R GOIN DOWN THE PUB" - sham 69 would be a laugh.

i think we need somthing motivational and somthing the crowd can join in with somehow.
at one time we had "cheer up sleepy dream" and the barlcay used to sing their own special home made lyrics (george burley). 
i apologies for my lack of nouse when it comes to songs actual names.

I don''t think he quite understood. When that Scottish music got the crowd rocking - it was because they were Scots, watching Scotland! I don''t advocate The Farmers Boys, or Cord, but something more appropriate to get Carrow Road humming - hmmm...maybe The Farmer''s Boys could do a job for us?

[quote user="The original Yellow Fever"]

Totall agree, except does it really have to be the Proclaimers? What entrance music do yo think should be played when the boys come on the pitch? I also  feel that something rousing is a MUST.

[/quote]

May I also add to this question the music played when we score.

I think it''s difficult to find something both stimulating and generally popular. What I mean is it would have to something that appeals to most music tastes yet still has the edge to be arousing. I''ll have a think.

[quote user="Yellow Rages"][quote user="The original Yellow Fever"]

[/quote]

May I also add to this question the music played when we score.

I think it''s difficult to find something both stimulating and generally popular. What I mean is it would have to something that appeals to most music tastes yet still has the edge to be arousing.

[/quote]

im not sure we want THAT sort of music!

jas :)

I seem to remember. From when we were big. Before Delia.

A song being blasted down the tunnel when the teams came out. Now what was it?

But maybe that would be imprudent and too ambitiouus.

Good luck Peter Grant.

OTBC.

For me it would have to be either Eye of the tiger by Survivor or Fan fare of the common man by Emerson Lake and Palmer. And i would change the goal music to Fiesta by the Pogues. Anythings better than One Vision, Very Worthington. Does anybody know if you can email the Club with suggestions.

I actually agree with PG, the Proclaimers did it for me - I don''t thing it is just about national identity (I''m not Scottish), more that it is really upbeat but in a passionate rather than corny way. I thought it was great! 

would be nice if the DJ got rid of his metal obsession thoughhow about ''classic'' footballing tunes such as boys back in town (thin lizzy) dont stop me now (Queen) carnival de paris, ready to go (republica) stuff that is well known, and few people dislike  

I understand Granty will be doing the menus for the next home game in addition to changing the loo rolls to tartan and the half time entertainment to caber tossing.

[quote user="FilletTheFishWife ."]"You Can''t Always Get What You Want"[/quote]

For Worthington it should have been "Do You Really Want To Hurt Me" by Boy George........

For Grant........Mouldy Old Dough by Lt. Pigeon. God knows why but I just like it........

I had wondered why on earth The Proclaimers had made the Carrow Rd playlist. Now I know.Trouble is you''re never going to please everyone. So changing the music each week is a good idea. I suggest Tom Lehrer''s ''Masochism Tango'', for when things start going wrong.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]Coldplay and the Proclaimers...  someone pass me a gun.....[:S][/quote]Only if you''re the new pre-match warm-up act! [:D] Try another beer and suggest some tunes.[B][8]

Guns ''n effin Roses!  Give me strength!

Foo Fighters      -        Best Of You

Bad Company    -        Can''t Get Enough Of Your Love

Simple Minds       -        Waterfront

Queen                -            We Willl Rock You / Now I''m Here

The Who           -            The Kids Are Alright / The Ox / Who Are You / So Sad About Us / Baba O''Reilly ....  Anything really

Sensational Alex Harvey Band     -      Faith Healer

I could go on ......

Jimi Hendrix - Come On (let the good times roll) Rory Gallagher - Bullfrog BluesLed Zeppelin - Rock and RollPrimal Scream - RocksMotorhead - Ace of Spades

[quote user="Rudolph Hucker"]Katie Melua and that song about the chinese bikes.[/quote]

that''s a joke yeah?

quote user "Chunky! (Chris Plant)"]Chas and Dave - Combine Harvester

that is by the Wurzels not Chas and Dave, oh I''ve said too much!