Sign in to follow this  
Canary02

Rumours, lies and spec-ye-lay-shun

Heard from a really good source the following info of imminent changes.

1) Hucks to sign new 2 year contract in next few days

2) Safri to return to Morocco (permanently) to help care for his sick father

3) New centre half on the way (no idea who though)

1+3 are great news. 2 is awful.

A friend and I agreed at the Cardiff game that the club are delaying Hucks'' new contract so they can use the fantastic news that he''s signed an extension to bury some bad news...

as much as i rate Safri really doesn''t get enough games under his belt before getting injured plus by the looks of things not to happy with last night so i can see him going for whatever reason needs to get more bodies in though before letting any one go , i''m fairely sure Grant has got his eye on players just needs to get them in

Hucks and new centre half would be great but How can Safri go back to Morocco, considering Norwich paid 500k for him, wouldn''t we want some kind of compensation, unless Raja Casablanca can fork out £500k! I hope his father gets better soon!

Pretty good. Friend of the club, and has friends employed in the club (admittedly not directly on the coaching side). Apparantly these are common knowledge and are all imminent, so if none have come true by next week, I''ll disavow my source and never quote them again!

The most over-rated player at the Club. He can be good on his day but he doesn''t have many. Plays too deep and hides up with the defenders.

I thing Grant has sussed him.

I think both 1 is the biggest lift we can have at the moment, while i also believe the departure of safri might help the team in the long run. He is far too inconsistent and very similar type player to Robinson. Another centre half would come in handy but we need cover more urgently every where else!

Must be true as Hucks, Safri and a funny looking guy all seen in a local estate  agents, one buying, one selling and one asking where Colney is!

Admittedly Safri is suffering poor form this season. However, he is still the best central midfielder we have at the club (by a long shot IMO). If he goes then a quality replacement is a must. Our midfield is bad enough as it is.

Regarding the new centre half. Not being a fan of the Doc, and with Shackell also off form, some strengthening here certainly wouldn''t do us any harm.

[quote user="Rustyboy"]Must be true as Hucks, Safri and a funny looking guy all seen in a local estate  agents, one buying, one selling and one asking where Colney is![/quote]

Doesnt mean anything Hucks has got loads of properties which he rents out so maybe he was adding another one to his portfolio.

Got to ask why you think he plays to deep Rudolph??  He is the defensive midfielder in a three-man central midfield, his job is to protect the centre backs, pick up the ball and distribute it.  That role requires him to play just in front of the defence!

[quote user="Rudolph Hucker"]The most over-rated player at the Club. He can be good on his day but he doesn''t have many. Plays too deep and hides up with the defenders. I thing Grant has sussed him.[/quote]

JC,

There is nothing to stop him bringing the ball out or getting forwards and using his undoubted passing ability. He used to play all over the park but over time has just sunk back deeper and deeper.

Robinson is a ''get rid'' passer, he doesn''t seem to be able to run with a ball at his feet. Etuhu is doing the forward runs so for me two in midfield with Safri having more freedom would be ideal. I still rate him above Robinson.

Our defence needs to push up, we have the pace to do so and this in turn should see Safti another 10 to 15 yards further forwards of the half way line instead of being behind it.

[quote user="Rudolph Hucker"] Our defence needs to push up, we have the pace to do so and this in turn should see Safti another 10 to 15 yards further forwards of the half way line instead of being behind it.[/quote]

This has been a problem with us for too many years. The way I see it, if the defence push up and players like Safri are 15 yards further forward then our clever players get the ball further forward too, making them far more dangerous to the opposition. A burst of pace from Huckerby is more likely to produce a goal deep in the oppositions half than on the halfway line.

I''ve got no problem if Safri goes - I''ve said on this forum before that he is the most overated player at this club. He''s plays too deep and is too lightweight which means he gets injured too often, therefore doesn''t play enough games. Not to mention Ramadan! Throw the man a pie!

If he does go, he MUST be replaced. The midfield is our weakest link and has been for some time. Grant replacing Safri at Port Vale was wonderful to see. If a player isn''t doing what he is told to do, then replace him. They got away with it under Worthless, but not with Grant it would seem. That can only be a good thing IMO.

As a minor point, people often mention Ramadan as a period when we lose Safri.Ramadan has just ended, and no one even noticed because we didn''t lose Safri once, other than being subbed or left out due to poor form.