Sign in to follow this  
charlies dad

Ryan Jarvis - Blown his big chance?

I think you''re absolutely right. Norfolk is a small catchment area and so the number of youngsters worth looking at would be tiny compared to other more urban clubs.

Typical that Norwich would suffer at the hands of a politically correct  FA directive.......but then who would swap where we are lucky enough to live for a big sprawling urban population? 

I guess you can''t have your cake etc.................

The 1.5 hour rule applies to school boys only once they sign a scholarship there is no limit we currently have boys from Scotland, Ireland, Denmark etc. also Andrew Cave Brown came from Charlton when he was not offered a scholarship there.  So we can get "rejects" as Mook so finely puts it.

Like you say, you can''t have your cake and eat it.

On the one hand, we''re being told by the trumpeteers from afar that we ARE a big club, and should think like one, on the other hand we look around and we''re surrounded by countryside and the sea. Doesn''t stack up.

I like it the way it is, but it means with the current law we are going to struggle for youth players.

Having said that, I agree with the law - youngsters were being treated like cattle before, and at least this means a club keeps it''s identity, with young players from the area coming through.

This is the same Jarvis that everyone was slagging Worthington off for when it looked like we were going to let his contract run out and release at the end of last season.  He obviously has tallent but has at some point got to deliver.  Its getting on four years since he made his debut and can''t be regarded as bright prospect forever.

Jarvo reminds me very much on a player we had on loan in Mike Walker Second spell - Neale Fenn. He had a great first touch, technique and a few tricks and flicks.

But for me he really wants to be play the No. 10 role i.e. the genius role - it''s just that a luxury position and he''s not that good. In the championship most teams play a target man and someone who has pace and thens runs the channels. You rely on the target man to link the play. Very Very few teams operate a channel runner and then a No.10

[quote user="Ulf Ottosson"]

Jarvo reminds me very much on a player we had on loan in Mike Walker Second spell - Neale Fenn. He had a great first touch, technique and a few tricks and flicks.

But for me he really wants to be play the No. 10 role i.e. the genius role - it''s just that a luxury position and he''s not that good. In the championship most teams play a target man and someone who has pace and thens runs the channels. You rely on the target man to link the play. Very Very few teams operate a channel runner and then a No.10

[/quote]

* Bing! *

The sound of a nail being hit firmly on the head.

I like this idea of each shirt number being allocated to a specific type of player - No.2 is a right-back, no. 22 is a wing-back - number 18, apparently, is reserved for stroppy little gits, with a silly haircut and bundles of skill which they rarely put on display! [:(]