Sign in to follow this  
Felixfan

How about a big screen?

Many clubs around the country have invested or been sponsored by advertisers in providing a big screen to show instant replays,goalmouth action and controversial incidents during the game.

I feel that this would add something to the whole Carrow Road experience especially when focussed on our new manager''s gesticulations.

Maybe something Archant would like to consider. 

[quote user="Felixfan"]

Many clubs around the country have invested or been sponsored by advertisers in providing a big screen to show instant replays,goalmouth action and controversial incidents during the game.

I feel that this would add something to the whole Carrow Road experience especially when focussed on our new manager''s gesticulations.

[/quote]I agree it would make the experience that much better as where i sit you struggle to see the action at the river end as me and my mates around me wonder what has  happened at times IE who scored and how close it was to a goal it''s suprising how different it looks when you see the replays at half time in the bar so yes please to a big screen would be nice.

We could always raise money by sponsoring the 4th officiials board like Port Vale!

It was ridiciolous. Every time it was used the tannoy boke would say "the 4th official has indicated on his board sponsored ....(by some long named unheard of company) that there will be 3 minutes of added time"

or

"Substitution for Norwich City, indicated by the  4th officials board today sponsored by........, Robert Eagle is replacing Youseff Safri."

I agree it would be nice to have one, but wouldn''t it have to be in the hotel corner & wouldn''t that cause a problem? Also, whilst I do understand the reasons I find it frustrating that they don''t have replays of the controversial bits. I''m sure it would enhance the derby-match atmosphere if we could have a replay of every foul committed by the scum! 

If Archant are goping to spend £500k on a big telly then they''d be better off spending it on a LCD TV for my flat, personally...

Knock on a few doors in Mile Cross and see if they want to sell theirs, alright, some might be a little too large but positioned at an angle surely one could be found to fit. For a good price they''d probably throw in the cinema system too and with the cash earned could keep the kids in McDonalds for a year with a couple of pairs of trainers and some bling for the boyfriend too.

[quote user="Felixfan"]

[/quote]

Get Archant to pay for it? They''d have to get rid of a moderator to pay for it I expect. That should free up £40,000 or so.[:P]

[quote user="Web Team - Pete"]£40,000?! I wish! I hope Celia''s reading this :)[/quote]You mean you don''t get paid enough for loafing around the internet all day? [:)]

[quote user="Canaries for Ever"]Positioning it to mask the hotel would be great![/quote]

hear hear! hopw about a fan Whip round!

jas :)

I agree, that hotel is an eye sore! I sit near the River End tho so it wouldnt be much benefit to me but it would beat looking at that hotel building any day!!!

A couple of years ago Norwich played Saints away in the FA Cup. Paul McVeigh hit the crossbar and a bunch of City players watched the replay on the big screen, Southampton went up the other end and scored.