Sign in to follow this  
Evil Monkey

My 1000th Post

It''s taken me over 18 months to achieve, but I''ve finally done it! 1000 rather pointless wastes of time, probably, but good fun each and every one.I first signed up prior to the Fulham game, on the recommendation of a mate, and only intended a few posts here and there.  During the following summer I discovered BBC''s 606 and fled this place for a while, to avoid the rampant negativity that was abound.  Then, strangely, I returned when things started to go really pear-shaped, to join in mostly.During the darkest of these days, I changed my name to Death of Canaries, in honour of both Terry Pratchett''s Death of Rats character and the decline of our football.  The Evil Monkey returned over this summer to mark a new start, and a clean slate.  Unfortunately, Nigel had other plans...I''ve had some wonderful debates during my time here; I''ve laughed out loud numerous times, gotten myself worked up at something silly on others, and managed to move cities.  Hopefully I''ve managed to entertain and inform on a few occasions, as others have done for me.Overall it''s been one hell of a laugh, and on many occasions a monumental waste of a working day - god bless Norwich Union''s relaxed internet regulations!Here''s to 2000!

It keeps you in touch with home too, doesn''t it? I would imagine this is an important aspect for many people on here.

Keep posting. I see you as Wizards natural replacement.

Well done, not sure Norwich Union will be celebrating too?

I must admit I''ve had a few laughs here, but I have had a few less entertaining moments too, normally involving Yellow fever.

Not so sure that my employers would be too chuffed with me either, techincally we have a internet ban between 9-12 and 1-5, but I am exempt for work reasons, in other words I can use it for work only! ooops, better log off then.

Congrats are in order I think EM........

Maybe I''ll be with you in a week or so!...........[;)]

Congrats Evil Monkey,here''s to another 1000!as for your but last paragraph; the pinkun forums are such a funny place to be; the good times, the bad times and well.... the really bad times.It''s great again now we have forgotten all this KTF and WO crap, and its nice to feel like a big family of fans again!OTBC and UP THE CANARIES!

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]It''s taken me over 18 months to achieve, but I''ve finally done it! 1000 rather pointless wastes of time, probably, but good fun each and every one.I first signed up prior to the Fulham game, on the recommendation of a mate, and only intended a few posts here and there.  During the following summer I discovered BBC''s 606 and fled this place for a while, to avoid the rampant negativity that was abound.  Then, strangely, I returned when things started to go really pear-shaped, to join in mostly.During the darkest of these days, I changed my name to Death of Canaries, in honour of both Terry Pratchett''s Death of Rats character and the decline of our football.  The Evil Monkey returned over this summer to mark a new start, and a clean slate.  Unfortunately, Nigel had other plans...I''ve had some wonderful debates during my time here; I''ve laughed out loud numerous times, gotten myself worked up at something silly on others, and managed to move cities.  Hopefully I''ve managed to entertain and inform on a few occasions, as others have done for me.Overall it''s been one hell of a laugh, and on many occasions a monumental waste of a working day - god bless Norwich Union''s relaxed internet regulations!Here''s to 2000![/quote]Well done EM and well done to me for ignoring everything you have ever posted..... just kidding!!

Cheers guys, much appreciated (yes, even you SC) [;)]... brings a tear to my eye!One thing I love about this place is that you can have a blazing argument with someone on one thread, and then find that you completely agree with the same person on another.  Then after it all, everyone is still friendly (most of us, anyway).  Especially now the whole ridiculous WO/KTF thing has gone, there''s a whole lotta love on here these days and long may it continue!OTBC!

Yes agree I can feel the love on here too now that we''ve all moved on and enjoying the good times again.

Well Done on your 1000 [:)]