Sign in to follow this  
E I E I E I O

Oh Dear!!!

Looks like we are starting to suffer for having such a thin squad, Dont think there is much we could of done with the squad we have today!

Serious investment into the team is required in January as the squad is pathetic, we have a few good players and then a load of dross!

The team we have out there today would struggle to stay up, Its embarrasing. I am just hoping that we can stay in touch till January and that Delia will dig into the coffers!

[quote user="king of latvia"]

we are still playing c**p,but now its because of a small squad not because the manager got it wrong .

grant was the wrong choice.

[/quote]

i understand what your saying, but grant isn''t the wrong choice. we''ve seen already that he can be very good for us. yes today is pathetic and i am very shocked, norwich should never ever be beaten 5-0. But having his two best players out and the squad we have any result today was going to be very difficult. Worthy had the same players and more and still could get them to play.

Big investments need to be done in january and loans before that.

I agree with you. I listened to the Neil Adams ''phone-in and one caller was having a go at the Worthy Out brigade.   I think Grant is stuck with a small squad and an over-reliance on a few key players.   Grant may have got re-arranging the furniture wrong today but this is still the house that Worthington built.  All right, he has gone but we are having to deal with what was done over the last six years.  Even allowing for the bright spots - that didn''t last - and a Premiership campaign where the Club was getting its relegation apologies in before we had kicked a ball, overall it was a catalogue of failure and misuse of resources.  I constantly moan when I see the visiting side has half our support and a larger squad.  The Board needs to get back to fundamentals: the team matters before all other things.

The only excuse for Grant''s team selection & formation today against Stoke that I can think of is the fact that he feels as though he has to choose the bigger money earners over youth.

Sounds preposterous and it would indeed be the sh_ _ tiest excuse going, but I''d bet it isn''t far from the truth. 

Sadly

I can''t beleive that we now have a bigger wage bill than when we got promoted to the Premiership, yet we have a much smalller squad.

Suggests to me two things, firstly, some of our squad are being overpaid and are under performing and, secondly, perhaps it''s time to start giving some of our youngsters the chance to prove their worth ???

[quote user="Mariner"]I agree with you. I listened to the Neil Adams ''phone-in and one caller was having a go at the Worthy Out brigade.   I think Grant is stuck with a small squad and an over-reliance on a few key players.   Grant may have got re-arranging the furniture wrong today but this is still the house that Worthington built.  All right, he has gone but we are having to deal with what was done over the last six years.  Even allowing for the bright spots - that didn''t last - and a Premiership campaign where the Club was getting its relegation apologies in before we had kicked a ball, overall it was a catalogue of failure and misuse of resources.  I constantly moan when I see the visiting side has half our support and a larger squad.  The Board needs to get back to fundamentals: the team matters before all other things.[/quote] Spot on. Stoke 12,000 gates. 5 Norwich city 25,000 gates 0 ! Thats without a stint in the premier league and substantial profits in the transfer market taken into the equation. Someones taking a pee and telling us its raining.