Sign in to follow this  
NavMan

Docherty Ready For War

[quote user="NavMan"]Always worries me when I see headlines like this cos invariably we up with a good tonking.[/quote]

. . . and a collection of cards (didn''t Hucks get sent off for the first time in his career at Stoke last season?)

I''m sick of hearing from Doherty every couple of weeks. Don''t whether it''s inspired by him or if he''s easy column inches for the local hacks but it''s utterly pointless. He''s apparently always up for it. Gary should have learnt from Worthy. Would much rather hear from the perhaps more cerebral players who dont generally get involved. Doesn''t do you any favours.

I think this sort of headline is what''s known as journalese, in other words the sort of language that only a journalist would use - over-the-top hyperbolic stuff. They do several years at college just to learn how to compose a headline like that, you know.

Looks like new manager bonus has worn off then... had to just go out and buy myself a copy of the new football manager, so I can create a fantasy world where I turn city into a decent team again... :(

[quote user="NavMan"]Always worries me when I see headlines like this cos invariably we up with a good tonking.[/quote]

Hope the headline writer got it wrong.............. and its actually the battle Doc talked about that he lost, and he''s really going to win the war!

Premiership look out - here we come, led by Doc.

OTBC

[um]

How prescient, NavMan, you old soothsayer you. Let''s hope the Doc doesn''t come out with similar meaningless rubbish between now and the kick off tomorrow night. Less talk and much more action should be the order of the day.