Sign in to follow this  
The Duke of Norfolk

My big fear is the downward spiral may continue....

We have been on a downward spiral for the last 18 months. I am not just talking about results on the pitch but the disunity and "feel bad factor" around the club.

What worries me about his appointment is that it will not clear the "feel bad factor" at the club. If Grant can get some decent results at the start then that should lift the FBF and we can move onwards and upwards from there.

However, if we are poor at the start of Grants reign then i feel it is inevitable that the FBF will continue and escalate with many fans already cheesed off with the board for letting NW remain at the helm for too long and now many fans angry at the lack of ambition that Peter Grants appointment seems to show.

Trouble is once something likes this gets into your club it is like a cancer eating away at it and it can bring everything down with it (ie.players performances as the feeling transfers to the pitch) and you are then on a very dangerous path.....

THAT IS WHY THIS APPOINTMENT IS WRONG

But who is perpetuating the bad feeling?

And who was your ambitious signing then? Give me a young and hungry up and coming already promoted brazillian-style football manager who was champing at the bit to come to Norwich. Please do, you obviously know of one after personally sifting through the 100 applications and conducting the interviews, and personally talking to Curbishley and McLeish etc.

THIS APPOINTMENT IS RIGHT!

You make it worse with posts like this.

The problem started with the so-called WO campaign, which was deeper than just WO. They dreamed (and continue to do so) that if we just spent more money, everything would be alright. A new manager would solve everything, a new chair etc etc. The FBF is largely the result of unrealistic perceptions of our status which regretably is not currently a "top" side but a good club that can catch up if well-managed.

The simple fact is that we have no automatic right to success. Complaining because we are not secure in mid - premiership will always bring instability to a club our size. We are not "little Norwich" but nor are we an automatic premiership team. We need to recognise this and yes we need to be patient with managers. How long before some of those that are now calling for loyalty decide that Grant is no longer worthy of their support and start again. They are worse than the extremists because they give the impression of loyalty when it it is wafer thin.

Yellow Fever if that makes me a "ktf" so be it, but I don''t want to fight to destroy the club I love.

Regarding Duke of Norfolk''s comments on Peter Grant''s appointment I agree that the Board are taking a big gamble here. But aren''t all managerial appointments something of a gamble ? If the board had gone for a really high profile '' name '' would that have been any guarantee of success ? Besides, such managers invariably demand that huge transfer pots are made available and Norwich City are not in a position to provide one.Then there''s the small matter of the hefty wages that the new man would almost certainly require.

There are numerous examples of clubs coming unstuck by the appointment of '' luxury '' managers. No, I think the NCFC Board have made their choice within a limited framework and will sink or swim by that decision. Personally I didn''t think that Peter Grant would be appointed, but, if and until things are clearly not working, then I would like to see him given time to show whether or not he will be good for our club. Should he not be the answer then the Board will need to act immediately to try to rectify the situation and not let matters drag on indefinitely. Clearly this happened last time.

One small crumb of comfort.......just think how many Carrow Road appointments have received, at best, only a lukewarm response, only to find that club successes following that change proved to be way in excess of peoples expectations.

We can only hope that the Board have picked the right man in Peter Grant.

[quote user="Amarillo"]

But who is perpetuating the bad feeling?

And who was your ambitious signing then? Give me a young and hungry up and coming already promoted brazillian-style football manager who was champing at the bit to come to Norwich. Please do, you obviously know of one after personally sifting through the 100 applications and conducting the interviews, and personally talking to Curbishley and McLeish etc.

THIS APPOINTMENT IS RIGHT!

[/quote]

Here we go again. Sarcasm at it''s very worst from someone who obviously knows so much more about the game than the rest of us.

It was a worthwhile post with very valid concerns. It''s not being negative at all..........

Sadly of course...few of us are as gifted as you Amarillo.

I don''t wish to be rude but ...   Give me strength!!

Please, please just re-read what you have written & think about it a while.

Which particular manager altrenative manager did you have in mind ? The one who is guaranteed to get instant results? Curbishley perhaps?Bowen? Tilson?

So, suppose you got your dream manager, & , surprise, surprise, you lose the next 5 games. This is entirely possible; it is in the nature of  football.

So how would you feel then? All the certainties, all the guaranted success vanished. How bad would the FBF factor be then?

The only thing that will determine whether this is a good appointment or not is HOW THE TEAM PLAYS under the new regime, something which neither you nor I nor anyone else will have a clue about for several games at least..

If you expect instant success from ANY manager as a given then I am afraid you are doomed to a life of disappointment & frustration.