Sign in to follow this  
Cluck

Into the hands of the doubters........

Well.......I truly hoped this inept board would pull a rabbit out of the hat this time.....but instead they pulled out a skunk.

I''m sick and tired of sitting by helplessly while Delia and Co play their stupid little games with this club. They had an opportunity to bring someone in worthwhile........but instead it chooses a donkey who played here during possibly the worst period this club has known in recent years.......the year of the dreaded yellow shorts!

Sadly it shows how little regard Delia has for the dreams of the paying Norwich public by showing minimal ambition and apalling judgement. We will all now have the joy of paying big wads over the coming years to see Delia City in action.......and we all know he is here for the duration.......

Give the man a chance?........No thanks......I''ve been giving Worthington and Delia a ''chance'' for years now and refuse to do any more ''understanding of the situation''..  For me it''s watching football at the rec from now on....be it Aylsham or Wroxham. I''ll at least see honesty and passion there.

This board is a disgrace and after 40 loyal years.....I''ve had enough.

Theres a fans forum on Thursday so you''ll get your chance to tell them face to face.

Where is the forum?

I agree with Cluckin...  After 24yrs of following City I found myself unable to follow the all p*ss-taking PR Machine that is Delia City FC about this time last year!

I promised myself then that no longer would I willingly pay money to a baord that is ripping off the Norfolk public BIG STYLE!!!

A club of City''s size could easily of got somebody of the following ilk... Cotterill, Newell, Tilson, Paul Simpson

and at the very least of got a Bowen/Crook partnership (a couple of guys that were real hero''s at the club and would of united the fans with the board at their moment of need and very important time for the club''s future)...

To employ Grant as manager the board have banged the finalk rusty nail in to their coffin and the aspirations of each City fan and the forseable future of our football club that has the potential to be so great...

Please, please, please somebody buy that stupid daft cook out NOW!!!

Come on Cluckin give the lad a chance.....i for one am happy with this appointment.  I just can''t wait for Loftus Road tomorrow now, a new era and i can support my team with pride and passion again.

[quote user="cityangel"]Forum is at the football ground Smudger, starts at 8pm.[/quote]

You will have to remind me where that is City Angel...  have lost my way of late (Cardiff @ Home last season when I decided this club was going nowhere under Worthy... it is only since the sumer have I realised that our problems are far deeper than that)...

and saying I have lost my way is something... I can see the bleeding place from my front door!!!

DELIA OUT NOW!

Does anyone think it''s easy to feel so bitter after so many years supporting Norwich City? I stood by this club through thick and thin and travelled many hours, many times to away games only to see us trounced....but I still went back for more.....because Norwich was my team and I would never walk away from them.

This time it is very different. We have endured so much grief watching Delia play out her fantasy Mother Superior role.....only to be kicked in the teeth big time. We all deserved so much better, but have again been dismissed as mere plebs as Delia appoints yet another personal ''favourite''. Believe me, I know this for a fact!

Delia Smith has buggered up this club and as long as this current regime exists......we will always be ''Delia Smith''s plucky little old Norwich''.....going precisely nowhere. Thousands will continue to pour into Carrow Road in the hope that it will get better......but I won''t be there with you to endure it any more. We all got conned into buying those treasured season tickets at great cost.......and what do we get in return?.....two fingers from the Board.

I admire the positivity shown by some stalwart supporters....but I''ve been around too long to be mugged like this again. I''m gone until I see a proper change at this fine club of ours....and I fear it won''t come anytime soon.

[quote user="cluckin"]

Does anyone think it''s easy to feel so bitter after so many years supporting Norwich City? I stood by this club through thick and thin and travelled many hours, many times to away games only to see us trounced....but I still went back for more.....because Norwich was my team and I would never walk away from them.

This time it is very different. We have endured so much grief watching Delia play out her fantasy Mother Superior role.....only to be kicked in the teeth big time. We all deserved so much better, but have again been dismissed as mere plebs as Delia appoints yet another personal ''favourite''. Believe me, I know this for a fact!

Delia Smith has buggered up this club and as long as this current regime exists......we will always be ''Delia Smith''s plucky little old Norwich''.....going precisely nowhere. Thousands will continue to pour into Carrow Road in the hope that it will get better......but I won''t be there with you to endure it any more. We all got conned into buying those treasured season tickets at great cost.......and what do we get in return?.....two fingers from the Board.

I admire the positivity shown by some stalwart supporters....but I''ve been around too long to be mugged like this again. I''m gone until I see a proper change at this fine club of ours....and I fear it won''t come anytime soon.

[/quote]

It is so horrible but also nice to find another fan on these message boards that feels as distraught as myself and the fellow fans I know about the cuurent state of affairs at the club instead of faling for the clubs PR bollocks spin!!!

It is a horrible place to be when after year after year of support through some terrible times (Chase and Sir Arthur South) you feel like you are getting shafted more than ever by our cuddly friendly loveable cook.

I stopped going about a year ago... have been to protests and forum meetings since but refuse to be ripped off by Delia & Co...

I hoped that this would be the turnaround point... but this club of ours has many dark years ahead of it now...

I will attend again only when something drastic happens with the set up at board level... and the people that say I ain''t a true City fan can say what they like...  they will be the ones wishing they had acted sooner in years to come!!!

Cluckin if you fancy some contact with other totally disillousioned City fans that have either reached your depths of despair or aren''t far away from it drop an e:mail to sparkyms85@ hot mail.com

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]Cluckin - Have you really posted 273 times since joining this forum on the 25th Sept ?, I get the feeling you might be 1st Wiz in another guise, you are certainly begining to sound like him.[/quote]

Shouldn''t it be Boudica? Boadicea was a Victorian corruption of her name apparently........(just sayin'')

I is not Wiz.....honest.

[quote user="cityangel"]Theres a fans forum on Thursday so you''ll get your chance to tell them face to face.[/quote]

Stirring it up again, Angel? What happened to the protestations of loyalty?

Smudger, Cluckin, etc., will you please, PLEASE suggest some alternative. I am hanging on your every word, searching your every post for some ray of light that will guide us forwards in these dark satanic times. Please tell us who the manager should be, please tell us who should buy and run the club to make it great again, like it was once upon a time 57 years ago. Where you lead, many of us shall follow.... but where will YOU lead us?

(Here''s a thought: do you fancy doing what the Wimbledon or Man U fans did and setting up a whole new club, and overtaking Norwich City in a couple of years time to become an established ambitious Prem club? Would you be an ambitious owner/manager? I''d need to know, before I ditch my season ticket and follow you...)

Not easy is it Smudger?

I think some of the younger members here still retain that ''eyes wide open'' belief in Norwich City....and I wish I was one of them. I really do hope that things go ok and that they will not live to become battle weary like us who have sadly had enough.

Rather than carry on bleating though, I will take myself away from this board and leave it to those who are still enthusiastic about the way the club is. It is a great club and I want to believe that things will get better.....but under this Board I see little chance of that.

I once likened Delias Norwich City to a special train set given to me as a kid at Christmas. It belonged to me, yet I wasn''t allowed to play with it.......instead I had to just patiently watch it go round and round. If it came off the rails, I had to sit quietly until my parents sorted it out for me. Then although I knew they had put it on wrong......I just had to sit and watch it stuggle ............

That''s what it feels like to watch my club struggle now........

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="cluckin"]

[/quote]

It is so horrible but also nice to find another fan on these message boards that feels as distraught as myself and the fellow fans I know about the cuurent state of affairs at the club instead of faling for the clubs PR bollocks spin!!!

It is a horrible place to be when after year after year of support through some terrible times (Chase and Sir Arthur South) you feel like you are getting shafted more than ever by our cuddly friendly loveable cook.

I stopped going about a year ago... have been to protests and forum meetings since but refuse to be ripped off by Delia & Co...

I hoped that this would be the turnaround point... but this club of ours has many dark years ahead of it now...

I will attend again only when something drastic happens with the set up at board level... and the people that say I ain''t a true City fan can say what they like...  they will be the ones wishing they had acted sooner in years to come!!!

Cluckin if you fancy some contact with other totally disillousioned City fans that have either reached your depths of despair or aren''t far away from it drop an e:mail to sparkyms85@ hot mail.com

[/quote]

Is all this for real??

Interests : Moaning

Why not visit  http://www.rawcomplaints.com/ 

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="cluckin"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Is all this for real??

Interests : Moaning

Why not visit  http://www.rawcomplaints.com/ 

[/quote]

It''s called humour Nigel.......you should try it some time. I was going to put comedian, but I believe you hold that position.

[quote user="cluckin"]

It''s called humour Nigel.......you should try it some time. I was going to put comedian, but I believe you hold that position.

[/quote]

I meant are the posts for real, or are they all a wind up, which is why I drew attention to occupation/interests!

OK so it''s for real, so where is the humour? Is it the connection between Delia and Mother Superior that''s meant to make us laugh? Or is there some hidden inuendo in "Delia Smith has buggered this club up" that''s so funny?

I don''t pretend to be a comedian, I see the funny side of things on here as I do in life, and my posts sometimes poorly try to reflect this.

Today is an important day for the Club as they strive to move forward, there was no way everyone was going to be happy whoever was appointed as manager. However we will ALL be happy if Peter Grant turns things round so why not try and say something positive while we find out if he can?

[quote user="Amarillo"]

Smudger, Cluckin, etc., will you please, PLEASE suggest some alternative. I am hanging on your every word, searching your every post for some ray of light that will guide us forwards in these dark satanic times. Please tell us who the manager should be, please tell us who should buy and run the club to make it great again, like it was once upon a time 57 years ago. Where you lead, many of us shall follow.... but where will YOU lead us?

(Here''s a thought: do you fancy doing what the Wimbledon or Man U fans did and setting up a whole new club, and overtaking Norwich City in a couple of years time to become an established ambitious Prem club? Would you be an ambitious owner/manager? I''d need to know, before I ditch my season ticket and follow you...)

[/quote]

I think it''s a great idea Amarillo, but in sleepy old rural little Norfolk would such a thing ever be likely to succeed?  We would probably be hung for High Treason (ie: having the balls to question HRH Delia''s heirachy).

Nice idea though!!!

poor

the good thing about this club is that we have someone like delia  who cares about the club.

i believe you wouldnt have been happy what ever,we dont know who actually wanted to come here,maybe the reality is that was the best delia and the board could do.

your view on who should have been manager and the reality of football is two completley different things.

if you like a board who care about money and nothing else support another club most london clubs would be a good idea

but im generally quite happy that we have a club with old fashioned morals and in todays game that is a breath of fresh air.

on the ball city.......................