Sign in to follow this  
Trevor Chilver

Appointment of Peter Grant

[:)] A very good appointment, not the obvious choice but he has ben the coaching brains behind West Ham. He is hungry, keen, ambitious and resourceful enough to have pursuaded Ashton to have joined the Hammers. An ex player, knows the area and the fans passion and culture.

Give credit to Delia and the board of which I have been a fierce criric. I suspect that they have been on to the case for many weeks prior to Nigel Worthingtons dismissal. He carrys no baggage and is very well respected, let us now give him our full support and backing

Totally agree with all your points Trevor. What will be interesting is what his background staff will be. Although I would prefer a complete clear out of the first team and reserve coaches, I would be happy for Hunter to remain although Livermore and Webb must surely go.

Succinctly put Trevor. I think it''s a really interesting choice. The only thing that would upset me would be if he wasn''t allowed to bring in the staff he wants. I would like to see root and branch change, not just the manager.