Sign in to follow this  
Baldyboy

all those that wanted bowen

many people here say they wanted bowen not grant. whats the difference between them? at least grant showed an interest in the job, bowen didnt. also grant has served a longer managerial apprenticeship than bowen as he was a coach at two clubs before he became an assistant manager, now hes made the step up. please stop all this crap about him not being good enough because if you wanted bowen how can you say he was good enough if you say grant isnt? grant shows more passion when on the touchline than bowen does so if he instills that into this team then i for one will be happy. lets not pre judge even though many do.

bowen was assistant to bruce at birmingham before blackburn. so your wrong about experience.

and how do you  know that bowen didn''t want the job ?, did he say so ?.

if he wanted the job he would have applied and got an interview just like grant did. and grant was coach at bournemouth, reading and west ham before being made assistant to pardew!!!

Good post.  If you look at the emergence of West Ham over the last few seasons, Grant must take alot of credit and has obviously been a major part of West Hams success.  I am personally ready to embrace the changes at NCFC and get fully behind the new manager.  With the right words in some underperforming ears, I hope we can get back up the table in contention for promotion.  Also with his amicable departure from West Ham, perhaps we may be able to tap into their reserve ranks to add some quality come January.  Although this seems a bit of a bizare choice, I am hopeful it is the right one.  It is a sure bet, we could not continue with the Worthington regime and why appoint a Bryan Robson, or like, when there are some hungry youngsters around (Grant, Boothroyd) who are looking to cut their managerial teeth.   Boothroyd was an unproven manager and look where he got Watford!If Grant has the passion and can get everybody behind the club we can once again go for promotion.  He has to be given a chance and the back biters must cease for the meantime.  Perhaps we wont go up this season, but the important thing is to get some good structured play and diversity in our tactics.  We must address the appalling away record and also wipe the back room staff out (excluding Hunter) who I think has made a telling contribution to our lethargic performances of last season.  First and foremost, all fans must give the new manager a clean slate and just see what happens.  He is not Alan Curbishley or Martin O Neill, but just give the new guy a break. 

This thread is pretty much what I''ve been saying: a lot of people seem blind to the fact that Grant and Bowen are almost an equivalent of each other in terms of age and experience.  

Whilst Bowen probably shades it on experience, they both had decent pro careers, are ex-Canaries, and have both been Assistants for decent clubs for several years - so there is little to call between them.  I can''t really understand why there is an almost love-in for the one, but the opposite for the other.

Along with most others I had pretty-much overlooked Grant, but I for one am happy enough with his appointment.

[quote user="Steve Mortlock"]    Good post.  If you look at the emergence of West Ham over the last few seasons, Grant must take alot of credit and has obviously been a major part of West Hams success.  

[/quote]

they have lost 6 in a row and are in relegation position

Sorry to disagree, but Hunter is part of the problem having supervised the debacle at Southend, he has failed to coach or address the problem of defending a lead. No good now saying we look at again in the de brief; once can be called an accident, but twice is downright incompetence. I am sure Peter Grant will give him five miutes on Monday and assist him to pack his bags. He has learned that delivering average for the FA does not engage with reality of club management and fans expectation!!

Yes they have lost 6 in a row and currently occupy a place in the lower ecehlons of the Premier League.  What I was referring to was the last few seasons.  They had severe financial problems and like Norwich failed to bounce straight back up.  They did however get it right with the appointment of Alan Pardew and a good coaching set up (including Peter Grant).  Since then they have gained promotion and achieved European football for this season (albeit short lived) and a respectable finish last season (top ten) and an FA Cup final place, which was one of the most pulsating Cup Finals of recent years.  Understandably they are not doing well this season, but having followed the media and working with West Ham United fans, this is undoubtedly due to the ongoing takeover talks and they arrival of Mascherano and Tevez.  Expectation has clearly shot through the roof and it is not turning out as originally planned.   I take your point but the bigger picture suggests West Ham have been an upwardly mobile team, under the influence of Pardew and more specifically Grant.  On the ball city!!  Peter Grants Barmy Army N.C.F.C  (See it is not that hard and has a good ring to it)   wipe the mud from the walls of the fortress and rebuild once more.