Sign in to follow this  
Karl Pilkington

Will he be true to his word or will the £ rule????

Will Hucks live up to his reputaion as a money graber and go to the baggies or wigan. or will he be true to his word and sign for the canaries???

Time will tell. Lets have a show of hands for each option!!!

I still think Wigan must be favourite to splash the cash and get him, particularly with Horsfield being offloaded to West Brom.

Loyalty can only stretch so far, and Wigan must be able to match his premiership wage not to mention a fat signing on fee.

I would love to be proven wrong (but not by you Mr Megson please)

he''s going to choose us guys, said he would only go for the same as our current top earner (mulryne?)

so be ready to welcome him home, he has the green and yellow in him already

There are things in favour of all 3 clubs

Norwich - He knows us, knows the area and knows worthy.

WBA - Best chance of promotion

Wigan - he will not have to move.

But i think Mrs Huckerby will have a lot to say on the matter!!!

"if something could be sorted out i''d be back here tomorrow" were the words i think!
He''s made a rod for his own back if he''s thinking of going elsewhere now!

My heart yearns for him to come here *but* my head says WBA despite Hux declaration of love of the club...

I think someone should send some flowers to Mrs Huckerby ASAP - It usually works and less tacky than chapagne sent by the binners to CD. Whats her address? I reckon 100 visits by Interflora will show how much a family minded club and supporters we are we are.

I would like to add that if he wants regular first team football then he is going to choose between us or Wigan. However, he knows that if he signs for us he will become an instant hero to at least 16,000 fans, twice as many as Wigan could beg to watch one of their matches.

But I think you are right, Mrs Huckerby seems to be part of the equasion as she should be along with their children. It has been reported that she likes the area so fingers cross and she will join Darren in coming here. I think they also realise that this area is cheaper and with the money he must already have could live here quite comfortably.

Anyways, I would just like to add that I never doubted the ambition of the board and I never underestimated their loyalty to the club. I think its about time that some people that have slagged the club off come on here and apologise and accept that they were wrong, because quite a few others and I have had to put up with them for a couple of years now. I seem to remember Mook and I standing back to back in defending the club and its stance for a long while, time has proven us right it seems.

The guy has said all along that wages were not this issue, he loved it here and ''would be back tomorrow''...i believe him, after all he cant be hard up after 5 plus years at the top.

WBA got Hulse, we will end up getting Hucks believe you me - Just goes to show that the best things come to those who wait.

ps im in for the flowers to his missus.

pps hats off to worthington, hes got what it takes.