Sign in to follow this  
Baldyboy

todays team

parting shot from hunter is to pick bloody hughes in front of safri? look i know safri aint been playin well but why hughes? so much for all his chat about being good with youngsters!! not one in the team! thank christ he didnt get the job permanently!!! he is ANOTHER WORTHY!!!

and only ryan jarvis from the youngsters on the bench with no sign of a defender on the bench either!! and before anyone ays none available boyle is but hes a loanee who we have paid for nothing!!! hunter is defo a worthy clone!! hope he goes as well now after all the talk about spillane in the week thought he would at least make the bench but as with worthless its all total crap!! all those from worthys backroom coaches must go!!!

[quote user="baldyboy"]parting shot from hunter is to pick bloody hughes in front of safri? look i know safri aint been playin well but why hughes? [/quote]Got an assist. Would Safri have done given how hes been playing?Thats why you''re not manager :)

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

yep, a draw against a very poor QPR side...  thats why Hunter aint manager.

[/quote]That wasn''t the point raised. Try to keep up.He bemoaned picking Hughes over Safs.

Sadly if anybody knows about youngsters it is Martin Hunter due to his involvement in the England youth set up.  Maybe he just DOESN''T think any of the lads are up to it!!!

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

yep, a draw against a very poor QPR side...  thats why Hunter aint manager.

[/quote]

I would say a very average QPR side, isn''t their home record very good?

As for picking Hughes, I thought he was supposed to have played fairly well today, which is more than can be said about Safri recently.

hughes was one of the best there today. he set the goal up for dublin. safri hasnt had a good game for a few games now. dont pick on poor hughes. 

[quote user="sammyseal"]hughes was one of the best there today. he set the goal up for dublin. safri hasnt had a good game for a few games now. dont pick on poor hughes. [/quote]

In addition to this, what makes you think Hughes was picked ahead of Safri?

Could Robinson or Etuhu have been picked ahead of him by any chance? I take it you didn''t go today because if you had you would have seen why Hughes was picked.

He was picked and he played well. Hunter made the right choice today. The game proved it but then again you didn''t go did you so you wouldn''t know.

People are missing the blindingly obvious...Safri didn''t get back from international duty till Friday night at the earliest, plus the fact, as usual he was carrying a nock!

Safri is injured, he told me himself on Monday, when I went to watch training.  Don''t think it''s anything serious, but he just wasn''t risked I guess.

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]

Safri is injured, he told me himself on Monday, when I went to watch training.  Don''t think it''s anything serious, but he just wasn''t risked I guess.

[/quote]

In which case why was he on the bench then and why did he play the last 30 mins?

I thought it was pretty clear that Safri was not 100% fit after international duty, hence why he didnt startobviously not fit enough to last a whole 90 minutes, Hunter left him out of the start, which is fair enough in my opinion.

Safri not 100% & due to Ramadam has been fasting of course so not unreasonable to think Hunter rests him a bit, maybe with an eye to play him vs Birmingham Tuesday?