Sign in to follow this  
Berks canary

Neil Adams living in cloud cuckoo land !

Can''t believe i heard Neil Adams say that Norwich players are of such high individual quality that we should be top of the championship - To make his point he says " How many other championship clubs have a £3.5m striker ? " - ok so we have one player who is an undoubted asset- Does he seriously believe that Colin , Doherty , Shakell , Etuhu , Dublin, Hughes are worthy of even a top 6 team . Neil you are sadly deluded - Our team is more comparable to a relegation zone team and it will be an achievement if Peter Grant manages to keep them up this year.

i think doherty is capable of doign a good job for us, and has been a decent signing,

colin isn''t that bad, he''s not as good as edworthy but he''s ok,

now as for bashing dickson, your completely wrong their my friend dickson has played pretty damn well for us this season, and has been one of the biggest positives from it so far.

shakell CAN be a decent defender, he''s just having a bad spell atm, which is the big problem with him as he goes through good and bad patches.

as for Dublin, IMO dublin as a handy guy to have in the squad and should get some goals for us that could be crucial at times

hughes however i agree doesn''t perform welle nough most of the time

[quote user="Berks canary"]

Can''t believe i heard Neil Adams say that Norwich players are of such high individual quality that we should be top of the championship - To make his point he says " How many other championship clubs have a £3.5m striker ? " - ok so we have one player who is an undoubted asset- Does he seriously believe that Colin , Doherty , Shakell , Etuhu , Dublin, Hughes are worthy of even a top 6 team . Neil you are sadly deluded - Our team is more comparable to a relegation zone team and it will be an achievement if Peter Grant manages to keep them up this year.

[/quote]

I thought exactly the same thing myself. It''s because of deluded, green-and-yellow-tinted-specs wearing individuals such as himself that we have such a small, average squad. Wake up and smell the coffee!! Ojur squad is currently incapable of promotion no matter who we have as manager.

I disagree - Huckerby and Earnshaw would make anybodies team. Croft, Drury, Etuhu, Safri and Doc would make most. I know many will disagree but I think Robinson and Colin are also underrated. I don''t see our problem as particularly one of quality of player more of quantity. The squad is too thin as we all know.

[quote user="Middle of the Road"]I disagree - Huckerby and Earnshaw would make anybodies team. Croft, Drury, Etuhu, Safri and Doc would make most. I know many will disagree but I think Robinson and Colin are also underrated. I don''t see our problem as particularly one of quality of player more of quantity. The squad is too thin as we all know.[/quote]

I agree with you, on their day all of the above mentioned players would fit into most championship sides, it''s beyond that we fall down as our back up players are very poor. This is the problem we have not our first team. Look how we started the season with a settled side and as soon as the injurys happened we had problems.

Are we really so much weaker than when we made the play-off final? Remember some of the muppets we had? Yes, many of our squad would be filed under ''average'', but such is true of most players in the Champ. Most ''top'' teams have a couple of star players, the rest are generally being lifted above their ''real'' level by a combination of good coaching, confidence and luck.In summary, I don''t feel we are worse off than the rest, nor particularly blessed in talent. We do have too small a squad and will have to bring more youngsters through. Balancing this with a few loanees could see this team in contention for another play-off jolly.