Sign in to follow this  
The Voice of the Thorpe Area

Peter Grant's Green Army!!!

It''s precisely because we are proper supporters that we feel so badly let down.......

Wait until you''ve been kicked in the cobblers a few times.....then you too would be angry.

Totally agree ''voice''. Some people, or in this case lots of people just can''t stop moaning. Worthy''s gone, the new man is on his way. Let''s all move forward for goodness sake!

i''m not denying that he might be able to do a good job but he needs time to get used to it, it''s not just a new job for him but a new profession remember he hasn''t been manager before.... and how dare you say i just want to bring this club down i care aboput it and that is why after being let down several times over the last few years... and now with this performance i feel we will be let down for a few more to come

[quote user="cluckin"]

It''s precisely because we are proper supporters that we feel so badly let down.......

Wait until you''ve been kicked in the cobblers a few times.....then you too would be angry.

[/quote]What condascending nonsense!Seriously you and many others need stop being such negative planks. Its getting real old, real quick.

Cluckin - what ARE you on? Why do you get off on trying to spread such negativity? There''s no reasoned argument, just endless abuse. If you really are ''sick and tired'', just go away and give it a rest.  Do you enjoy football? Do you enjoy anything?

It''s a good appointment, hardly the cheap option because compenstion is involved. Please tell us all who would have been your ideal ''ambitious'' appointment? And don''t say Tilson, because good as he is, he hasn''t got any experience above the level he''s working at. In fact, there are downsides to every manager you can think of....

This IS ambitious. Hunter might have been a cheaper less ambitious option. The likes of McLeish might have been ideal. Tilson might have been interesting. But you know what, I wasn''t in the interviews, so I don''t know. And I haven''t seen a PG Norwich team play yet so, I don''t know.

[quote user="Amarillo"]

But you know what, I wasn''t in the interviews, so I don''t know. And I haven''t seen a PG Norwich team play yet so, I don''t know.

[/quote]

But you don''t have the insight of most in this room who know the truth long before there is any evidence of anything.

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="cluckin"]

[/quote]

What condascending nonsense!
Seriously you and many others need stop being such negative planks. Its getting real old, real quick.
[/quote]

Condascending eh Herb? Although I have followed this club for many years, I try hard not to appear in anyway more knowledgeable or better informed than the newer supporters on here. We all have a view and are all entitled to speak our minds.

Having said that.....Older supporters have seen much better days than this and know what this great club is capable of. We''ve seen great players here and great managers. We''ve seen disastrous Boards and good Boards. Allow us the right to communicate with each other without being the subjected to the childish abuse best left in the playground.

[quote user="cluckin"][quote user="Herb"][quote user="cluckin"]

[/quote]What condascending nonsense!Seriously you and many others need stop being such negative planks. Its getting real old, real quick.[/quote]

Condascending eh Herb? Although I have followed this club for many years, I try hard not to appear in anyway more knowledgeable or better informed than the newer supporters on here. We all have a view and are all entitled to speak our minds.

Having said that.....Older supporters have seen much better days than this and know what this great club is capable of. We''ve seen great players here and great managers. We''ve seen disastrous Boards and good Boards. Allow us the right to communicate with each other without being the subjected to the childish abuse best left in the playground.

[/quote]Gosh, cluckin'' how do you manage it you poor thing, trying so hard not to appear so knowledgeable - life must be hard for someone of such grave knowledge as you. I mean, you must have supported the club for years and years and years. Tell me, what was The Nest really like? I bet there were some good times down there, not like today eh?I''ve stayed off here for a while - this board has been poison for most of last year and now it''s back with a vengeance and once again it''s not a nice place to be. So here''s some poison of my own.I don''t know how long you''ve been on here or if you''ve appeared before under a different name but either way i''ve had it reading your trumped up diatribes, writing off everything and everyone. I haven''t noticed your particular brand of leaden grey misery before so i''m guessing you''re new to this board, even if your constant droning in almost every post about how long you''ve been supporting Norwich seems faintly familiar. But then that seems like a common refuge for the weak of argument on here, to hide behind the number of years that they''ve been storing up their very special support for the club. But i worry - surely it has reached its sell by date by now?Get this in your head - you are no better, or more important a fan than any other who regularly follows and attends the club, whether they''re 8 years old or 68 years old. Your views are no more valid, your rights as a fan are no greater. So stop shouting about how long you''ve been a fan - it''s meaningless. Haven''t you ever heard it said that those who shout loudest actually have least to shout about? You know, the person at the scene of the accident moaning loudest needs least attention and all that? Well i venture to others on here that your posts deserve the same. 

Cluckin, you havent been kicked in the cobllers yet mate.

Has he even had a chance to sort out worthless mess that was left?

Please give him a chance. I think you maybe surprised.

Lets all calm down on here and get behind the team.

don''t count me in that group, i am 100% behind the new manager, I have spoken to peter grant on several occasions when he played for us a few years back, i liked his attitude and i''ll give him every chance to make this happen. remember he''s giving up a very good job at west ham to come here a decision i am sure was very difficult for him.

[quote user="a1canary"][quote user="cluckin"][quote user="Herb"][quote user="cluckin"]

[/quote]

What condascending nonsense!
Seriously you and many others need stop being such negative planks. Its getting real old, real quick.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Gosh, cluckin'' how do you manage it you poor thing, trying so hard not to appear so knowledgeable - life must be hard for someone of such grave knowledge as you. I mean, you must have supported the club for years and years and years. Tell me, what was The Nest really like? I bet there were some good times down there, not like today eh?

I''ve stayed off here for a while - this board has been poison for most of last year and now it''s back with a vengeance and once again it''s not a nice place to be. So here''s some poison of my own.
I don''t know how long you''ve been on here or if you''ve appeared before under a different name but either way i''ve had it reading your trumped up diatribes, writing off everything and everyone. I haven''t noticed your particular brand of leaden grey misery before so i''m guessing you''re new to this board, even if your constant droning in almost every post about how long you''ve been supporting Norwich seems faintly familiar. But then that seems like a common refuge for the weak of argument on here, to hide behind the number of years that they''ve been storing up their very special support for the club. But i worry - surely it has reached its sell by date by now?
Get this in your head - you are no better, or more important a fan than any other who regularly follows and attends the club, whether they''re 8 years old or 68 years old. Your views are no more valid, your rights as a fan are no greater. So stop shouting about how long you''ve been a fan - it''s meaningless. Haven''t you ever heard it said that those who shout loudest actually have least to shout about? You know, the person at the scene of the accident moaning loudest needs least attention and all that? Well i venture to others on here that your posts deserve the same.

[/quote]

Dug out a spare user name to hide behind eh? Do you think we''re daft?

Throw what you like in my direction because I have every right to speak my mind....and I don''t switch user names to boost my own ego on here. If you''re happy to be a lamb being led to slaughter.....good for you. I hope your multiple user names will be happy.

I had intended to let the dreamers get on with it here......but because of clowns like you I might just hang around to enjoy the sport...........

[quote user="cluckin"][quote user="a1canary"][quote user="cluckin"][quote user="Herb"][quote user="cluckin"]

[/quote]What condascending nonsense!Seriously you and many others need stop being such negative planks. Its getting real old, real quick.[/quote]

[/quote]Gosh, cluckin'' how do you manage it you poor thing, trying so hard not to appear so knowledgeable - life must be hard for someone of such grave knowledge as you. I mean, you must have supported the club for years and years and years. Tell me, what was The Nest really like? I bet there were some good times down there, not like today eh?I''ve stayed off here for a while - this board has been poison for most of last year and now it''s back with a vengeance and once again it''s not a nice place to be. So here''s some poison of my own.I don''t know how long you''ve been on here or if you''ve appeared before under a different name but either way i''ve had it reading your trumped up diatribes, writing off everything and everyone. I haven''t noticed your particular brand of leaden grey misery before so i''m guessing you''re new to this board, even if your constant droning in almost every post about how long you''ve been supporting Norwich seems faintly familiar. But then that seems like a common refuge for the weak of argument on here, to hide behind the number of years that they''ve been storing up their very special support for the club. But i worry - surely it has reached its sell by date by now?Get this in your head - you are no better, or more important a fan than any other who regularly follows and attends the club, whether they''re 8 years old or 68 years old. Your views are no more valid, your rights as a fan are no greater. So stop shouting about how long you''ve been a fan - it''s meaningless. Haven''t you ever heard it said that those who shout loudest actually have least to shout about? You know, the person at the scene of the accident moaning loudest needs least attention and all that? Well i venture to others on here that your posts deserve the same. [/quote]

Dug out a spare user name to hide behind eh? Do you think we''re daft?

Throw what you like in my direction because I have every right to speak my mind....and I don''t switch user names to boost my own ego on here. If you''re happy to be a lamb being led to slaughter.....good for you. I hope your multiple user names will be happy.

I had intended to let the dreamers get on with it here......but because of clowns like you I might just hang around to enjoy the sport...........

[/quote]Sorry to resurrect this one people, been away over the weekend, but ''cluckin, i''m just dying to ask you who it is you think i am then if i''m siwtching user names? I have no idea what you''re talking about - i have been a1canary on this and on a hundered other websites that require usernames since before this one even existed.

From reading this forum for a while, I''d be pretty surprised if A1 was anyone else.

Cluckin, was it not you who spend 12 days telling everyone that we''ll get what we''re given. Only now you''ve decided it''s the worst, cheapest, weakest possible appointment the board could have made up.

This despite the facts that you wanted Mark Bowen because -

a, he was a former player

b, he is a successful coach

c, he has coached in the top flight

d, he would show ambition because they would have to pay compensation for him (ie Not really cheap is it?)

Obviously, when suggesting Bowen, experience of management wasn''t an issue. Passion? Fire in Bowen''s belly? if you read all the quotes about Peter Grant, they''re are words that seem to constantly crop up.

So, with all this said and done, I''m thoroughly convinced that you''re maybe a little forgetful, possibly computer aggressive, or just bored and you want to start a fight.

I''d like to know your thoughts on this though...

[quote user="mbncfc"]

From reading this forum for a while, I''d be pretty surprised if A1 was anyone else.

Cluckin, was it not you who spend 12 days telling everyone that we''ll get what we''re given. Only now you''ve decided it''s the worst, cheapest, weakest possible appointment the board could have made up.

This despite the facts that you wanted Mark Bowen because -

a, he was a former player

b, he is a successful coach

c, he has coached in the top flight

d, he would show ambition because they would have to pay compensation for him (ie Not really cheap is it?)

Obviously, when suggesting Bowen, experience of management wasn''t an issue. Passion? Fire in Bowen''s belly? if you read all the quotes about Peter Grant, they''re are words that seem to constantly crop up.

So, with all this said and done, I''m thoroughly convinced that you''re maybe a little forgetful, possibly computer aggressive, or just bored and you want to start a fight.

I''d like to know your thoughts on this though...

[/quote]

Another point I''d like to add Cluckin, and again I''d like your opinion on this when you get a moment, is that I remember you suggesting Dave Stringer should either coming back as manager, or as a director of football role.

Well, it seems they did use his experience as they consulted him on the management appointment and he seems to agree with Grant as manager. (see Official Site. I expect there''s some ''spin/PR'' in here, but a lot is direct quotes and I''m sure we all have enough respect for Stringer to respect his comments)

I really can''t see what you''re problem is with PG being appointed I''m afraid...

The clue is often in the name - surely, in Norfolk, we know what sense is to be found in hen''s wisdom? Cluckin it is and cluckin is all it ever will be. Some people have really idiosyncratic styles......don''t they......? You have to wonder......what''s behind it all.......dodgy keyboard, or just an affectation........I do say that this fad for accusing people of having multiple user names is sooooo last season - why can''t we go back to branding posters with opposing views ''binners'', or ''scummers'' like in the old days? Honestly, if half these people really are using lots of personalities, there must only be about a dozen or so true posters using the forum!Sadly, our Board of Directors have damaged the trust many fans had in their ability to make good footballing decisions, but this shouldn''t detract from what is, on reflection, one of the more ambitious managerial appointments they could have gone for. PG is said to be the man with the plan and it is being suggested elsewhere (The Nest website), that Chippy Crook could be his assistant. Promoting other, successful clubs, assistants is a lot more forward thinking than abducting a manager already operating at the same level as us.