Sign in to follow this  
Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB

For what it is worth....

I am saddened by the way we have reacted to the appointment of Peter Grant as manager and the associated calls for the board to be replaced. It is not so much as what is said as the way it is said. I do not believe the board is infallible nor do I believe that they are beyond criticism (I have said in the past that I think that some of the statements emanating from Carrow Rd have been ill advised), what I do find distasteful and ugly is the personal nature of some of the posts (Hound the Smiths out etc). Whatever their perceived failings I believe that our majority shareholders care very much about Norwich City FC, have put an awful lot of time, money and effort into the club, and if they were to be replaced I would hope it was by people of a similar ilk who are in it for the long haul, rather than some "fly by night " investor who does not give a toss about the club.

Turning to the appointment of Peter Grant, only time will tell if this is a good appointment or not, and the same applies to any new manager coming into a club, regardless of who they are.

Just taking a step back for a moment, Norwich City have appointed a manger who is young, hungry, keen to succeed (otherwise his managerial career could be over before it started), a good motivator, a good man manager, considered to be a good coach, is well liked by the players and has a real passion about football.  

I do not have a problem with reasoned debate, and I am sure there are loads of you who disagree with me, but lets not make it personal eh?  

Very true SOB and you are well qualified to comment what with having a Mum who was renowned for her sacking ability: Colchester, Londinium, St. Albans.............

i didn''t get on this forum over the weekend, but if that was the case, and there were people calling for the board to go, i think that''s ****ing disgraceful...

I''m glad I didn''t get to read it. SOB - good post.

Thissuss Yellow Fever: Do u no wot u r torkin bout? BOGO (Bored Out Grarnt Out) Wee r gowin noware, wee didunt get More-een-ho, no ambishun, an if wee dunt soign Beckham in Janureayy Deliars hoiden tha moneee.

(Oh wait, is it half term? Maybe he''s spray-painting the local park in Ipswich.)