Sign in to follow this  
Flick Fleck

Loudest Cheer at Carrow Road?

Cast back your minds, give us your thoughts, what was the loudest cheer ever heard at Carrow Road? Could they get any louder than these three?

1) Jerry Goss''s equaliser against Bayern

2) Rob Newman''s winner against Southampton in the FA cup 1/4 final replay

3) Brian Marwood''s missed penalty in the 0-0 draw against Arsenal that kept us top of the league for Christmas 1988

For me it was when Delia and Darren walked onto the pitch on Boxing Day. Sent shivers down the spine, that did!

I must say, that recently, Hucks "last game" against Cardiff was the best atmosphere, even more so after the final whistle. Never seen anything like it. And as Susie B said, when he signed for us. That was the biggest cheer, and we didn''t even score!!

But Svenson''s goal today. That was a massive cheer. All that tension, all the pressure, all the energy waiting to come out of the crowd. The ball spilled out to him. Teeing up for the shot. Me shouting "don''t hit it first time you idiot!", and the ball nestled sweetly in the top corner. Everyone just erupted. And that, my friends, is the goal that took us up.

Can''t remember Vinnies own goal, but I would gladly pay good money to see that!! The cockney welshman.

Good one for me was Stockport home 01/02 when everybody was standing waiting
for the Burnley result to come through and everybody realised we had made the
playoffs brilliant.