Sign in to follow this  
Middle of the Road

Please spare me the calls for loyalty!

I find the calls for loyalty and to "rally round the new man" from some quarters quite sickening. Of course we should do both but to hear these words from some of the most disruptive of WO posters is galling.

Most fans always were loyal to the club and will continue to be so. Even when they recognised that it was time for Worthy to go they did not boo, cheer opponents goals, collect petitions etc. They got on with supporting the team and recognised that if things didn''t get better the board would act.

Opposition "fans" used every opportunity to criticise the management. They spoke of a post-Worthington world where everything would be perfect, the huge list of famous names that batter the gates at Carow Road to be manager. They were so determined to get rid of Worthington that no opportunity to attack the club was missed. Now they call for loyalty.

Forgive me for being a bit cynical, but for how long? If things aren''t perfect very shortly, I''m sure some of you now calling for loyalty will start up again. Some of you already have for goodness sake!

Don''t tell us to be loyal - we always were (including many people who felt that Worthy had to go). It was the WO hardliners who were so disruptive that we disloyal, and you will be the first to start up again if things go wrong.

Just in case I am accused of living in the past, I would make 2 points -

1. The "past" accounts for a lot of the hysterical posting we have seen since PG''s appointment. It was exactly the same tactics some WO have been using for nearly 2 years.

2. The "past" may very well be the future as well, when some of the posters loudly calling for loyalty get fed up again if we don''t get instant promotion etc.

The rest of us will do what we have always done - support the team whatever happens - even if that means we are saps, lack ambition etc etc. perhaps we are but ...

so all Worthy outers (me included) werent Loyal fans then basically?

15 Years a Canary Fan.

Accept it, he has gone, go take your bitterness elsewhere.

There were lots fo Worthington Fans and very few Norwich fans it seems

jas :)

My hope on seeing Worthington replaced was that the Board would finally step up to the plate and show some guts.......

Grant is a backward step and they have simply allowed a ''chancer'' to break himself into football management at our expense.

every club has them and every club needs them because without hardliners (as you call them) most clubs boards are fully prepared to muddle along the same path. It''s called a kick up the backside and is sometimes necessary. I for one was not happy at the quality of football on offer at carrow road over the past 2 years somthing had to change and i am glad it has. despite being a WO i am fully prepared to give peter grant the same opportunity as worthington has had over the past 6 years. Worthington had a good run at this football club, it went stale and it has been changed and i am very glad. I am as loyal to this club as anyone - some choose to boo some choose to sit in silence neither in my book makes a better supporter. its the way of the world so get used to it.

Loyalty to a failing manager whose team was a total utter shambles and getting worse week in week out...  Just let me remind you of something, the manager YOU would have kept on now has us 17th in the Championship - an appalling position and NO FALSE POSITION EITHER  we deserve to be here.  We would have got relegated with more supporters like you MOTR.  Supporters with loyalty to failing managers like you are a hazard to the success our club. Luckily we have fans who can see what is going on and are passionate and care enough to do something about it before we capitulated totally.  Fans who can open the eyes of a Boardroom that would not have sacked him until relegation inevitably arrived, a Board lacking totally in football knowledge, trying to run the football side of the club like a buisiness, not a team of sportsmen like it is.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]Loyalty to a failing manager whose team was a total utter shambles and getting worse week in week out...  Just let me remind you of something, the manager YOU would have kept on now has us 17th in the Championship - an appalling position and NO FALSE POSITION EITHER  we deserve to be here.  We would have got relegated with more supporters like you MOTR.  Supporters with loyalty to failing managers like you are a hazard to the success our club. Luckily we have fans who can see what is going on and are passionate and care enough to do something about it before we capitulated totally.  Fans who can open the eyes of a Boardroom that would not have sacked him until relegation inevitably arrived, a Board lacking totally in football knowledge, trying to run the football side of the club like a buisiness, not a team of sportsmen like it is.[/quote]

Spot on Foghorn. I takes nerve to stick your head up above the trench and you''ve done it despite the constant knocks. A true supporter sees the bigger picture....a sheep follows the crowd.

[quote user="Dicky"]

Spot on MOTR.  Makes you think it was personal with Worthy, doesn''t it. 

[/quote]

he was doing a crap job, the squad is a total shambles??  we are tumbling at great speed towards the relegation zone shipping goals at a faster rate than I can ever remember?? what do you expect??

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

so all Worthy outers (me included) werent Loyal fans then basically?

15 Years a Canary Fan.

Accept it, he has gone, go take your bitterness elsewhere.

There were lots fo Worthington Fans and very few Norwich fans it seems

jas :)

[/quote]

You either did not read what I wrote, did not understand it or chose to deliberately misrepresent it. Given that the latter was a normal tactic from some in the room, please forgive my suspicion that it is the latter!

Let me help you:

"Most fans always were loyal to the club and will continue to be so. Even when they recognised that it was time for Worthy to go they did not boo, cheer opponents goals, collect petitions etc."

or

"Don''t tell us to be loyal - we always were (including many people who felt that Worthy had to go)."

I made it quite clear that I am not calling into question the loyalty of most WO fans at all. It was the extreme element, that wasted no opportunity to weaken the foundations of the club in their efforts to get rid of Worthy. Most WO fans did not cheer opposition goals; most WO fans did not boo the team; most WO fans did not forge signatures on petitions; most WO fans did not spread false rumours on this and other boards; most WO fans did not gang up and bully the few in here who were prepared to try to point out some of the positive points of Worthington''s regime. I

I have no problem with them at all and please don''t try to pretend otherwise. These are the same divisive tactics that you always used, which is why we are in a mess. It is people like you and Angel who will call for loyalty today and be campaigning against the manager tomorrow.

Even in your own loyalty thread (sic) you kick off with "k im not pleased with the board for appointing Grant when there were plenty of better managers available" and follow with "The board are hanging by a tightrope and if they topple then we can say "Told u so." "

How long are you going to be loyal for? Not long, I''ll bet.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

Fans who can open the eyes of a Boardroom that would not have sacked him until relegation inevitably arrived, a Board lacking totally in football knowledge, trying to run the football side of the club like a buisiness, not a team of sportsmen like it is.

[/quote]

1. You labour under the false impression that it was you and "your brave boys"  that heroically fought for the common fan against the evil board. (Too much Robin Hood perhaps!) The protests achieved nothing excpt divide the fans.

2. You total lack of understanding is displayed when you suggest that anybody that opposed your disruptive tactics supported Worthington. There were thousands of fans that eventually and reluctantly came to recognise that Worthington had to go but they did not find it necessary to join in your childish and disruptive antics with petitions, cheering opposition goals, consistent booing of our own players that was in some cases little short of bullying.

3. But even that is not the point - I just don''t want the likes of you, Jas, Angel etc leading calls for loyalty when you have so little. Even now your post is a thinly disguised attack against the board and Jas makes even less attempt to hide his contempt.

4. Don''t you dare claim that your views are representitive of the majority of WO fans. Many reluctantly felt that they had to take this stand but without all the disruptive, divisive and damaging consequences of the pathetic "movement" that you represent. Even when the dismissal became inevitable, your feeble protests, petitions etc only ever attracted a tiny proportion of fans.

[quote user="cluckin"]

Spot on Foghorn. I takes nerve to stick your head up above the trench and you''ve done it despite the constant knocks. A true supporter sees the bigger picture....a sheep follows the crowd.

[/quote]

A very summary of the CJF, City Angel, Cluckin and Yellow Fever position. We "the crowd" the poor humble majority are led by the "true supporter(s) that see the bigger picture."

[quote user="Dicky"]

[/quote]

Hopefully Worthy will get a new job soon so you can go and support that team.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="Dicky"]

[/quote]

he was doing a crap job, the squad is a total shambles??  we are tumbling at great speed towards the relegation zone shipping goals at a faster rate than I can ever remember?? what do you expect??

[/quote]

u r right citezen. the ktfs jst dont care

[quote user="Middle of the Road"]

Fans who can open the eyes of a Boardroom that would not have sacked him until relegation inevitably arrived, a Board lacking totally in football knowledge, trying to run the football side of the club like a buisiness, not a team of sportsmen like it is.

[/quote]

1. You labour under the false impression that it was you and "your brave boys"  that heroically fought for the common fan against the evil board. (Too much Robin Hood perhaps!) The protests achieved nothing excpt divide the fans.

2. You total lack of understanding is displayed when you suggest that anybody that opposed your disruptive tactics supported Worthington. There were thousands of fans that eventually and reluctantly came to recognise that Worthington had to go but they did not find it necessary to join in your childish and disruptive antics with petitions, cheering opposition goals, consistent booing of our own players that was in some cases little short of bullying.

3. But even that is not the point - I just don''t want the likes of you, Jas, Angel etc leading calls for loyalty when you have so little. Even now your post is a thinly disguised attack against the board and Jas makes even less attempt to hide his contempt.

4. Don''t you dare claim that your views are representitive of the majority of WO fans. Many reluctantly felt that they had to take this stand but without all the disruptive, divisive and damaging consequences of the pathetic "movement" that you represent. Even when the dismissal became inevitable, your feeble protests, petitions etc only ever attracted a tiny proportion of fans.

[/quote]

I can''t even be arsed to read your post mate.  Fans like you would have us relegated.  We have a 3.5 million pound striker and are 19th did you hear that 19th

NINETEENTH

You, Dicky, Beelsie, Ralph Wright, BlahBlahBlah, Delia, Doomcaster, MWJ, Skipper and co whom failed to see the CRAP TEAM that worthington has created and if you heard there post sacking press conference still thought they were doiong the wrong thing in sacking him!!!!.  we have shipped 19 goals in 7 games - relegation form.

You and your loyalty in a failing manager has created a team that draws 3-3 with the team in what 16th, which is a good result compared to recent times!!!!

FANS LIKE YOURSELF ARE HARMFUL TO OUR CLUB.  19th RELEGATION FORM, 2 points off relegation 4 off the foot of the table...

Worthington''s gone (thank goodness)..its now time to support the team and the club and get behind the new manager.

If you can''t do that then maybe you should go and support Chelsea or Man Ure or whoever is top the the Premier league this week.

Unfortunatley, part of being a supporter is to get through the bad times and enjoy the good times when they come along.

Peter Grant is a new man with his own ideas...i very much doubt at all that he is a ''yes-man''. Get behind him everyone and support the team.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]Loyalty to a failing manager whose team was a total utter shambles and getting worse week in week out...  Just let me remind you of something, the manager YOU would have kept on now has us 17th in the Championship - an appalling position and NO FALSE POSITION EITHER  we deserve to be here.  We would have got relegated with more supporters like you MOTR.  Supporters with loyalty to failing managers like you are a hazard to the success our club. Luckily we have fans who can see what is going on and are passionate and care enough to do something about it before we capitulated totally.  Fans who can open the eyes of a Boardroom that would not have sacked him until relegation inevitably arrived, a Board lacking totally in football knowledge, trying to run the football side of the club like a buisiness, not a team of sportsmen like it is.[/quote]

CJF is totally spot on. Look at the organisation in the defence, been shocking for 3 seasons and just hasn'' been addressed. I would have loved 3 points today but it least it gives Mr Grant a look at what is very wrong, our defence is shambolic and thats being kind

I can''t even be arsed to read your post mate.  Fans like you would have us relegated.  We have a 3.5 million pound striker and are 19th did you hear that 19th

[/quote]

No I don''t think you ever do, which is why you totally misrepresent everything that is ever said. But hey, why listen to others opinions when you know everything yourself?

FANS LIKE YOURSELF ARE HARMFUL TO OUR CLUB.  19th RELEGATION FORM, 2 points off relegation 4 off the foot of the table...

[/quote]

Hear the calls for unity, loud and clear. Which, had you ever bothered to read my post, was my point. The calls for unity from you and your ilk were nothing but a sham.

Incidentally, CJF, find one quote from me prasing Worthy - if you can. All I ever did was criticise the tiny, arrogant minority of fans who thought that booing the team, forging petitions and cheering opposition goals was the way forward. This in itself was enough for me to be branded a Worthington loyalist by you and your fanatics that think that anybody who has a view different to yours is a traitor.

Find one post where I am dissing Grant??  The guy hasnt even started in his job...  To harp on about loyalty like you have done is offensive to us fans whom decided we had to take action because the board of our club has zero football knowledge and we could see our club was in decline due to a manager wrecking the playing side of the club.  The playing side is now a total utter shambles.  Is it too late to rectify??  Well lets hope Peter Grant proves a good manager, otherwise we will be playing in division 1 next season.

Loyalty - or more like blind faith from many has been damaging to our club for too long.

FANS LIKE YOURSELF ARE HARMFUL TO OUR CLUB. 

[/quote]

I''ll keep it short "mate" so that maybe you can be bothered to read it. All I have done is the same as the vast majority of fans. I have turned up and cheered the team as loudly as I could. When its gone quiet when were losing, I have tried but like the rest of fans, I''ve lost heart. I have never bood however.

In this, I think I am like the vast majority of fans. So please explain how we ordinary mortals are harmful to "our club."

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]MOTR - You sound like a bloody dictator, there is absolutely nothing disloyal about expressing an opinion, just because it happens to be a different opinion to yours it does not make it wrong.[/quote]

Have you read the thread SOB? I welcome the expression of opinion. CJF admits that "he can''t be arsed" to read it. I don''t think fans should boo their own team, cheer opposition goals, forge petitions. frankly, from what I have read, I don''t think you do either. Whilst I have not always agreed with what you say, I think you have made a genuine contribution. (I would also like to join your party!)

As I have said countless times, the huge majority of fans care passionately about the club whatever their stance re Worthington. But there is a very tiny minority who care more for their own egos than the club.

Have you read CJF in another thread laughing, yes laughing, about the fact that we are 4 points off the bottom? He wants us to go down so that he can proved right. If this is not disloyal, I really am at a loss to identify what is.

MOTR - after Worthington was sacked 99% of the WO people came out and said we''d had enough of the divisions between fans and we all need to unite behind the new manager.

Why do you insist on re-opening the divide?

Oh, and btw yet again you repeat the lie about people "forging petitions" - to what end? What exactly are you trying to achieve with all this?

Why can''t you just accept that we all want to get back to enjoying the football?

[quote user="Middle of the Road"]

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]MOTR - You sound like a bloody dictator, there is absolutely nothing disloyal about expressing an opinion, just because it happens to be a different opinion to yours it does not make it wrong.[/quote]

Have you read the thread SOB? I welcome the expression of opinion. CJF admits that "he can''t be arsed" to read it. I don''t think fans should boo their own team, cheer opposition goals, forge petitions. frankly, from what I have read, I don''t think you do either. Whilst I have not always agreed with what you say, I think you have made a genuine contribution. (I would also like to join your party!)

As I have said countless times, the huge majority of fans care passionately about the club whatever their stance re Worthington. But there is a very tiny minority who care more for their own egos than the club.

Have you read CJF in another thread laughing, yes laughing, about the fact that we are 4 points off the bottom? He wants us to go down so that he can proved right. If this is not disloyal, I really am at a loss to identify what is.

[/quote]

I don''t need to be proved right mate, but Worthy''s team is certainly doing far worse than even I would have thought.  I thought Worthy had turned us into a mid-table side, nothing more.  I didnt realise he had been so utterly awful as manager he had turned us into relegation battlers.  The opinion that Worthington had taken the club as far as he could as was doing a very poor job these last few years has already been proved incorrect.   In fact he has actually done an absolutely abysmal job!!  10 more games....  he can turn it round...

As for laughing about 19th....  actually this was more laughing at you fans like beelsie whom even last week backed this failing man to the detriment of our football club, he would have happily had him in charge until january when he coukd waste more of our money on poor players - maybe yet another striker.... I am worried because relegation is on the cards this season. When you concede 17 goals in 6 games you are in real trouble, especially with the transfer window so far away.

[quote user="jetstream"]MOTR - after Worthington was sacked 99% of the WO people came out and said we''d had enough of the divisions between fans and we all need to unite behind the new manager. Why do you insist on re-opening the divide? Oh, and btw yet again you repeat the lie about people "forging petitions" - to what end? What exactly are you trying to achieve with all this? Why can''t you just accept that we all want to get back to enjoying the football?[/quote]

It''s what the vast majority of us want. It is what the vast majority of us wanted last year too. What is galling is that the minority that caused the divisions are calling for unity.

MOTR - CJF has his own opinions, I doubt he would laugh if we were relegated and I doubt he wants us to go down and he is equally wrong to suggest that fans of a differing opinion to his were damaging the club. You do not think fans should boo their team, maybe you are right, but what other way is there for fans to show discontent at the garbage being served up and lets not pretend it is limited to Norwich fans or a recent development in football. The petition thing is again your take on the subject, can you prove they were forged?, I am not saying I agree with the WO campaign, and I suspect their approach to the petition was not planned and executed as well as it could have been, but there is a world of difference between incompetence and intent. And finally the old chestnut of cheering opposition goals (plural), I went to every home game last season and can only remember one goal (singular) being cheered, when we played QPR, it followed a nice free flowing, passing move - dare I suggest there was a touch of irony to the cheering, and dare I suggest it was more than just the members of the WO campaign that cheered ?

I''ve read through this and am pretty sad that fans of the same club are raking over the past to score points.

Looking at the state of the club now.....the appalling squad we have now.....the finacial position we have now......the weak and out of touch board we have now.........Who on Earth could sensibly be content with all of that?

Those who have not not seen better days may well be content with ''mediocre''....but alot of us aren''t. The protesters were right to seek a change of manager....but it is hardly our fault that Delia sees fit to replace him with Peter Grant.

If you knew how much contempt Delia and Co actually have for us supporters, you wouldn''t even bother to turn up. We are seen as a ''necessary evil'' by the Board and nothing more........Delia is the shepherd and we are the sheep.

Norwich City Football Club is Delia''s fantasy.........and there is nothing we can do about it now..............

[quote user="Getting off the fence"]

It''s what the vast majority of us want. It is what the vast majority of us wanted last year too. What is galling is that the minority that caused the divisions are calling for unity.

[/quote]

BINGO !

But because of the opinionated self importance, and heightened profile of some, how long will they give the new management and UNCONDITIONALLY SUPPORT our team through some choppy waters!?

Does anybody truely believe that the team will improve and maximise it''s potential...& we will be able to ATTRACT quality players if WE transmit anything other than LOYAL (NOT FAIRWEATHER) SUPPORT

? !

[quote user="Middle of the Road"][quote user="cluckin"]

[/quote]

A very summary of the CJF, City Angel, Cluckin and Yellow Fever position. We "the crowd" the poor humble majority are led by the "true supporter(s) that see the bigger picture."

[/quote]

Dear dear dear.............I try not to rise to your taunts and bizarre postings on here.......but isn''t this just a tad childish and petty?

Please reply via one of your multiple user names.....thank you.