Sign in to follow this  
nik wyer

Impressed with Grant press conference ?

Just listened to the press conference on radio Norfolk, and was fairly impressed with what he had to say.

He spoke intelligently, and sounded determind and would demand 100% from every member of the squad.

Obviously we will have to see how the season pans out, but for now i will be 100% behind him.

I agree, heard it on the radio and first thoughts are that hes determined to give everyone a chance, hes passionate, will demand 100% from everyone and is proud to be the Norwich City manager.

Having seen the press conference on Sky Sports News this morning i was impressed. I have to agree that he did sound very determined and will now come in and pick the team a fresh from how he sees it. Not just pick the players for names sake. I now think we should all give him 100% support and really get behind the team.

The season starts TODAY!!

I''ve just listened to it at Uni, and I get a similar feel.  The guy knows what he wants, he''s talking about bringing in new good players (even if they''re squad) and he''s been given assurances on the amount of money he''s going to get for new players in January.

He certainly seems proud to be the manager and its good to hear that he was the first choice.  I just hope everyone in the club (including the fans) gives the guy a chance, he could develop into a real manager.

OTBC!

Chunky

[quote user="cluckin"]No.[/quote]

but you wouldn''t have been impressed if he said "i''m going to get Norwich promoted and give my favourite Pink''Un poster, clukin, a million pounds as well because that''s the kinda guy i am", maybe you are yellow fever? i don''t think so because I doubt he has the intelligence to add an avatar and you do.

[quote user="cluckin"]No.[/quote]

Actually cluckin, we don''t really need to argue over the points you make do we, as your signature undermines everything you say anyway. So credit where credits due... [:D]

I''ve just watched it on-line from Manc, and I have to say I was indeed impressed.  He seemed very intelligent, wants to play fast, flowing, attacking football, whilst also recognising that the team needs a little confidence boost to get it moving again.We have the players to play the style of football he wants to see, and he seems the kinda chap who has an idea of how to get them doing it.Two words sum up my feeling about now: Renewed Optimism.Bring on Birmingham, I say!

Yes i was genreally very impressed... he knows what he is doing that is clear enough.. it looks like one or 2 of the first team will be looking over their shoulder in the coming weeks as places are up for grabs.

I notice Delia mentioned "passion, Commitment and Work Rate"... seems to me that a former Employer of the football club was told what to say after games.. thats he came out with it weekly!

Grant has said that at the moment he wont be changing the staff...that doesnt mean he wont be changing them in the future... Im guessing he is waiting to see how he works with them and what they are like.. Webby and Doug-do-nothing could soon be out then.

He seems to be very focussed on the task in hand and im really looking forwards to the rest of the season now! he also said that (although not in these words) No one is undroppable.. so by that he will mean Hucks and Earnie.. lets hope he keeps true to his word if it comes to it... as no one is undroppable.. thats an attitude i like. If your off form, why are u in the team? it hampers the team and can sometimes be liuke having 10 men.. if it means ur on the bench or in th stiffs for the rest of the season so be it... u wait for ur chance again and make sure u keep it!

jas :)

I''ve a feeling I''m being hen-pecked here.........

You''re right that my signature describes my opinion........I have my angle on things...but I may well be wrong.

The optimism shown here gives me a warm feeling however.......especially having received such a severe roasting for apparently crowing too much..........[:P]

[quote user="nik wyer"]

Just listened to the press conference on radio Norfolk, and was fairly impressed with what he had to say.

He spoke intelligently, and sounded determind and would demand 100% from every member of the squad.

Obviously we will have to see how the season pans out, but for now i will be 100% behind him.

[/quote]

Agreed.

I am of the opinion that we should "wait and see"

I thought PG said all the right things at the press conf.

We have to support him and give him a chance to turn around the mess that Worthy has left.

This might involve making unpopular decisions such as selling Earnie in the tranfer window to finanace a rebuilding of the squad.

Effects on things like the Youth academy will take years to show improvements.

We need to build for the future.