Sign in to follow this  
bread1

ok season over already

Just sit back & hope we don''t relegated ,lets be realistic we ain''t premership material at the moment.Any of you out there who are hoping for more get your blinkers off.Peter Grant is no way gonna turn this team round untill, we get some full stone wall defenders.Its a desgrace at the back how meny times we gonna conseed goals in injury time.

Just lets hope grant has the sense to sign on two good defenders & soon please

Nonsense.

I genuinely believe that if we stay relatively injury free we can go up. The squad is too thin, but despite what some might have you believe there is a lot of quality in the side. Croft, Huckerby, Earnshaw would push for a place in any champtionship side. The midfiels has quality too. If we can tighten up defensively we could go on a long successful run.

No doubt there will be lots of criticism from those that want to see us fail but whatever they say, with judicious additions, there is every chance that we could have a successful season.

[quote user="Middle of the Road"]

Nonsense.

I genuinely believe that if we stay relatively injury free we can go up. The squad is too thin, but despite what some might have you believe there is a lot of quality in the side. Croft, Huckerby, Earnshaw would push for a place in any champtionship side. The midfiels has quality too. If we can tighten up defensively we could go on a long successful run.

No doubt there will be lots of criticism from those that want to see us fail but whatever they say, with judicious additions, there is every chance that we could have a successful season.

[/quote]

I agree with Middle Of The Road, if we tighten up defensively we can make the playoffs. Just got back from QPR and if you''d have asked me yesterday if I''d have taken a 3-3 draw I would have said yes.

Well lets see where we are at christmas  SOB  ( no disrepect).No improvement. We aint in the top 10 lets how things go yeah?

Well Bread the band in the 70s my fav band,But wot the hell i love & die for norwich  but come on people, are we really going any where?

There are quite a few posts saying that the midfield is good, and specifically that Etuhu is doing well.  I can''t see any of this I am afraid.  Etuhu would disappear into the reserves in a bigger squad, and apart from the stuttering Saffri, I cannot see how anyone can state ''the midfield has quality''.  Half the problem with our defence is that our FIVE man midfield goes AWOL and does not protect the back four.

[quote user="Middle of the Road"]

Nonsense.

[/quote]

[quote user="bread1"]

Just sit back & hope we don''t relegated ,lets be realistic we ain''t premership material at the moment.Any of you out there who are hoping for more get your blinkers off.Peter Grant is no way gonna turn this team round untill, we get some full stone wall defenders.Its a desgrace at the back how meny times we gonna conseed goals in injury time.

[/quote]

Spelling... check.

Grammar... check.

Hello Yellow Fever. still as chirpy as ever I see.

Sadly Canary, lack of grammer and speling are ryfe in todays'' youth, you can''t pin all the failings on one poster, even if he has 36 accounts.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]Sadly Canary, lack of grammer and speling are ryfe in todays'' youth, you can''t pin all the failings on one poster, even if he has 36 accounts.[/quote]

The only answer is to rid us of said youth then...

Kind of like Nigel Worthington''s approach to the first team in many ways.

(Thankyou, I''m here all week, try the veal...)

I agree with your post partially, it certainly would be a major turnaround to finish top of the league and IMO it is out of our reach. I think our most likely hope will be to scrape a play offs at best and I would be extremely impressed if we managed to do better than that. Come on Norwich prove me wrong!

[quote user="Canary02"][quote user="bread1"]

[/quote]

Spelling... check.

Grammar... check.

Hello Yellow Fever. still as chirpy as ever I see.

[/quote]

cheep cheep

[quote user="bread1"]

[/quote]

My take on this?.....Of course the season is over. Where is Grant going to get hold of several quality players in double quick time with no budget? We won''t see the Premiership in a hurry now......so let''s just hope for a cup run or something........

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]Cluckin, unless you are a member of the board/playing staff/coaching staff how do you know how much money we have, what contacts PG has, what plans PG has????????. You could be right, equally you could be wrong.[/quote]

SOB....

I might not be popular on these boards.....but I am a realist.

I base my case on what has gone before and by watching the Carrow Road business plan evolve. I think by my signature you can see that I readily admit I could be wrong....but equally, I could be right as you say.  Isn''t that democracy in action? Should I be denied putting the opposite argument forward to please the majority? Based on personal experiences........I have my individual slant on things and on what has happened at the club.

As a lifelong Norwich supporter I would be delighted to see Grant do a good job. Then like so many others here, I could leave this board behind and pretend I had wanted him all along..........That''s the easy way...and the way many people would go.

It''s all conjecture.....and these boards are like blowing into the wind.

[quote user="bread1"]

[/quote]

I think you''ll find that blinkers are used to keep focussed on what''s ahead and not get distracted by what''s going on around. So keeping the blinkers on, keeping focussed on winning games and points, might seem like a very good idea right now.

Cluckin - Not having a go at you and you know full well that I am not one of those posters who would deny you the right to post your opinions.I was merely asking whether you were speaking from a position of authority and from your post I can see that you are not.