Sign in to follow this  
blahblahblah

Birmingham predictions

Predictions for tonight anyone ?  I think we''ll scrape a 1-1 draw.

Birminghams'' Last 6 games

Luton (a) 3-2 defeat
Leicester (h) 1-1 draw
Leeds (a) 3-2 defeat
Ipswich (h) 2-2 draw
QPR (a) 2-0 win
Hull (h) 2-1 win

2 points from last 12, have drawn their last 2 home games.

Team News - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_1/6050622.stm

On-loan Arsenal striker Nicklas Bendtner is in line for a recall for Birmingham following a knee injury.
Midfielder Stephen Clemence is back after the ankle knock while David Dunne has returned after an ankle problem.

New Norwich boss Peter Grant welcomes back Republic of Ireland defender Gary Doherty after suspension.

But the Canaries could be without midfielder Andy Hughes (hamstring), Adam Drury (ankle) and striker Peter Thorne (rib).

I''ve taken to making predictions on my signature.

The ones I get right will stay there. Those I get wrong will disappear as if i never thought them up...

I''m pretty sure I won''t end up with a huge signature under every post [:$]

Birmingham 0 City 1. Shackell (61 mins). Expect more goals from defense with their new found freedom.

Birmingham are quite capable of leaking goals, just as much as us at the moment. However players run like **** when a new manager is in town to keep themselves accustomed to there way of life. This could give us an advantage tonight if this factor can tighten up our defence? We will always be dangerous going forward in this division, given our players. So here goes!

Birmingham City 1 Norwich City 3 (The grant revolution begins!)

[quote user="Kathy"]Birmingham 0 City 1. Shackell (61 mins). Expect more goals from defense with their new found freedom.[/quote]

And there was me thinking that our defense had been giving too much freedom to the opposition [:)]

[quote user="Darth Canary"]

I think a draw would be a good result

[/quote]Hmmm. I don''t.Don''t get me wrong, I''m not expecting a miracle overnight, but one of the biggest reasons for getting shot of Worthy was our away form. A draw away is an OK result, but the only "good" result, home or away is all 3 points.However, putting on my realist hat you''re probably right - but I''ll go with 2-2. Hucks and Earnie.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

[quote user="Kathy"]Birmingham 0 City 1. Shackell (61 mins). Expect more goals from defense with their new found freedom.[/quote]

And there was me thinking that our defense had been giving too much freedom to the opposition [:)]

[/quote]

You are confusing good defending with negativity. Its possible to have a good well organised defence but with the players having the freedom to attack. Good Norwich sides of the past used to have defenders, particularly centre backs, going forward and scoring regularly. Steve Bruce and Duncan Forbes are two that immediately spring to mind.

Yes, Kathy.

But good Norwich teams of the past, like the cream of     .............     er .........   2003 used to go forward at corners and that''s all. Other than that, their job was to put the s**ts up the opposition strikers and clear anything that came within two yards of the box.

That didn''t do us too much harm did it? Also, football has changed since Bruce/Forbes day. With such pacey, fit players, and teams playing on the counter so often, any defender caught out of position is putting their team in jeopardy.

[quote]You are confusing good defending with negativity. Its possible to have a good well organised defence but with the players having the freedom to attack. [/quote]

True Kathy, Ashley Cole comes to mind as a particularly adept overlapping left-back, the bigger defenders always cause trouble in the box too.  In my negativity, er, defense, I was using your comment for a cheap dig at our part-time defense and should know better.

Onward and Upward !

[:)]

[quote user="Mook"]

Yes, Kathy.

But good Norwich teams of the past, like the cream of     .............     er .........   2003 used to go forward at corners and that''s all. Other than that, their job was to put the s**ts up the opposition strikers and clear anything that came within two yards of the box.

That didn''t do us too much harm did it? Also, football has changed since Bruce/Forbes day. With such pacey, fit players, and teams playing on the counter so often, any defender caught out of position is putting their team in jeopardy.

[/quote]Or offering another man in midfield, leaving someone free when they approach the player ala Rio for England...

we''ll score, and conceed.

so 3-2, 3-3 or 2-3

prob have to go for brum though, they are 2nd in league.

This match a draw is good, mostly wins only good result however. (even

chelsea would take 1pt at each of old trafford, the emirates and

anfield)

2-2 tonight, if all goes well.

Dispite our need to inprove our away form 1000%, I feel St Andrews is an unlikely place for the revolution to truely kick in.

got money riding on tonight....

Us to draw 1st half and win 2nd, and to win the game in general...

got odds of 19-1 for the win on bet fair!

jas :)

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]2-1 to city!  Hucks and Erny.  Catch brum on the slide, BRUCE OUT!!![/quote]

BOBO - bruce out board out

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

got money riding on tonight....

Us to draw 1st half and win 2nd, and to win the game in general...

got odds of 19-1 for the win on bet fair!

[/quote]

GO ON MY SON! lol

Bloody hell Kathy, your prediction is looking good so far and a Shackell goal too.

What lottery numbers are you using this weekend?

[quote user="Kathy"]If you want to know something ask a woman. Ladbrokes next time. Bugger the message board.[/quote]

Good call Kathy!!! Lottery numbers for tonight now please!!

Kathy,

Great prediction only 5 minites out.

Can you predict the result for Saturday and I will get down the boookies.

OTBC

Hugh

Bloody hell kathy - spot on!!