Sign in to follow this  
Hooleyfan

Passion without the F word

Just wanted to say that I went into Loftus Road with my family this afternoon with great optimism, excitement and despite the emotional rollercoaster that supporting the Canaries has been for us all of late, it wasn''t a bad afternoon...

However, what I found absolutely disgusting were the few who really think it is part of football and supporting the team, to shout the F, C and W words as much as they can. I was in the School End Block Y2 Upper Tier and there were at least 3 or 4 foul mouthed idiots directly behind me, all Norwich ''supporters'' who probably wouldn''t dream of behaving that way in front of their own families, or in a public street but because they were in a football stadium thought it was OK to use the foulest language imaginable despite sitting directly behind my youngsters and wife. Football is a sport for all, not just leery twenty to thirty year old men (boys). And as for their disgusting chant asking Dion to show what no man should be asked to show in public, was in my view pathetically racist.

My sympathy goes out to the QPR character ''Grandad'' wearing the Sombrero in the main stand who was the target of much foul mouthed abuse from some of those gathered round me, particularly  the idiots referred to earlier,  but he also has my admiration for how he withstood it all with a cheery smile and the continued waving of his rattle and blowing of his horn throughout the game.

Rivalry with good humour and respect is a standard we should all support.

I sympathise with you Hooley.

Now, just wait for the string of posts explaining why it''s part of football, why you shouldn''t take your wife/kids, why you should sit somewhere else, why you shouldn''t go if you don''t like it....

couldnt agree more dude, and props the dude in the Sombrero, football is about having fun while supporting your team, not shouting and cussing at players, some fans need to grow up a little bit

I was at QPR this afternoon and thoroughly enjoyed a cracking match. I am sorry that you were subject to such behaviour and foul language. Unfortunately every team attracts drunken pond life that are hell bent on spoiling the pleasure for everyone,Norwich Ciy are not excluded and we have several that crawl out of the woodwork at away matches. You must report these incidents to Stewards or if you can make a note of the seat number occupied by these morons (not real City fans) and complain directly to the club.

Norfolk Police at always present at away games and would be pleased to speak to you. 

Jetstream - I really dont want to hear any of that and hope that those who post here at least can support a culture that enjoys and thrives off the emotion that goes with supporting your team without all the neanderthal behaviour that should have been confined to history. It would be good to hear from anyone else who was in that part of the ground and heard any of this rubbish.

...and before anyone does make the comments you suggest might be made...you dont choose who you will be sitting near, especially at away games and I will continue coming to games with my family because we''re passionate about our team and we will continue speak out about those few who spoil it for the rest and continue to influence the minds of the weak that this is acceptable behaviour.

Sermon concluded....Come on you Greens!

We were sitting in Y5 and were appalled at the abuse from some quarters, especially in front of the exit stairs. In particular, Andy Hughes was made a special target even before we started and then fans wonder why players react in those circumstances.

I know he''s had his criticism, and in fairness at times it has been justified because he hasn''t played well. But yesterday of all days, it should have been a clean sheet for everyone, and his play and contribution yesterday was an example to some of the team who need a wake up call. He both made Dion''s goal and also stepped in to show not one, but two defenders how to dispossess an opposing player and clear it in one hard, but easy move. I was pleased the majority stood and applauded him off.

Now I''m not defending him because I think he''s wonderful etc, just trying to make a point that people deserve better than the abuse that man gets at nearly every game from some fans.

Something these people need to ask themselves is this....

If a video was to be made of your behaviour at a football match, would you be happy for your Friends, Family, Mum, Dad, Kids etc to sit back and watch it?

As a spectator at the match on Saturday I would like to make a few points:

Yes it was wrong to use such language with children present and perhaps the song made to Dion Dublin was in bad taste however I am disillusioned to find yet again the word "RACIST" being mentioned with regard to Norwich City Supporters, this is a very strong word and is used far too commonly and I suggest the person making these comments should get his facts right before making such accusations.

You may or may not remember a few years ago an article in the press with regards to Alex Ferguson being heard talking about Dion Dublin and his manhood. This is common knowledge and has been part of football banter within Dion''s former clubs.  If you remember Dion actually smiled at the Norwich supporters when the chant was being sung which indicates he had taken it in good spirits. Also at the end of the game Dion was the only one in the QPR Pen area salluting the Norwich faithfull for a good minute or so.

Next time please think very carefully before making such accusations.

[quote user="Neilson 6"]

As a spectator at the match on Saturday I would like to make a few points:

Yes it was wrong to use such language with children present and perhaps the song made to Dion Dublin was in bad taste however I am disillusioned to find yet again the word "RACIST" being mentioned with regard to Norwich City Supporters, this is a very strong word and is used far too commonly and I suggest the person making these comments should get his facts right before making such accusations.

You may or may not remember a few years ago an article in the press with regards to Alex Ferguson being heard talking about Dion Dublin and his manhood. This is common knowledge and has been part of football banter within Dion''s former clubs.  If you remember Dion actually smiled at the Norwich supporters when the chant was being sung which indicates he had taken it in good spirits. Also at the end of the game Dion was the only one in the QPR Pen area salluting the Norwich faithfull for a good minute or so.

Next time please think very carefully before making such accusations.

[/quote]

Definitely. Ignorance is a two-way street. Whilst I sympathise with your comments r.e. swearing, to call people racist for making a joke of a well-known (except to you) fact, is inflammatory and ignorant of the reasons behind the comment.

Just to say it was me who started a smilar post about two months ago and by the end of it I was being accused of all sorts of things up to and including being the brains behind 9/11 pretty much. I will say again, eveybody has the right to express their opinions and I am not a prude, but constant swearing and abuse at a football match does my head in and makes me cringe when you hear some of the idiots involved and I would not want my daughter exposed to it at any level

Dear God.......are we looking for snooker style audiences now?

Okay so they swear a bit....but without their general singing the crowd would be very subdued indeed.

It''s part of football and while I don''t join in....I know it''s going to happen before I walk into the ground.

I agree with Neilson6 and Canary02... racist is a word that''s bandied about everywhere these days by people so desperate to show the world that they''re not one by accusing others of it.  Personally if I had a few hundred people suggesting that I''m hung like a Dion, I''d be pretty happy... [:)]

I know this country is getting more & more ''PC'' as the years go by, but for the love of god, these people were NOT being racist!!!!!! They wouldn''t dare for the fear of being banned from every ground in the country for one thing. Also, It''s a known fact that Dion has a massive wanger, just ask Sir Alex!!

Also, swearing at the football has always happened & always will. With emotions & adrenalin levels running so high for 90 minutes plus you have to expect it. It is whether you like it or not, human nature. Also in society not everyone has the same morale standards & something someone finds offensive will be considered non offensive to another person. A wide spectrum of people watch football, so people with far different personalities & morale standards are always going to be mixed in together.

In this thread human beings have been labelled "foul-mouthed idiots","racists","pond life","morons" and "neanderthals". These judgements have been made about the actions of complete strangers in the heat of a passionate sporting event.

Unfortunately there are alot of people around who get their sense of self-importance and superiority by making these extreme prejudgements of others based on nothing more than the way they look and behave (ie. exactly the mentality which leads to racism). Please dont break your necks whilst trying to get off your high-horses folks.....

Some people seem a little confused here. Abuse and swearing are not the

same thing. A song referring to Dion''s penis is not racist, it might be

offensive but that''s that''s another matter. Kids have heard swearing

before, I''m sure they can cope, it''s the aggression that sometimes goes

with it that might be a problem. I for one like swearing but despise

racist/homophobic abuse, each to their own high horse maybe ya f**kers

;-)

I find, that folk who have to resort to using expletives and foul and abusive language at sports gatherings, are ultimately lacking in social skills and any form of  F*^*in'' intelligence. If they start goin'' on a "ravin'' an'' swearin'' rant" an'' are within earshot of me, I certainly give them a piece of my F*^*in'' mind. They''re just ignorant Bas*ar*$ who think that swearin an'' gesturin'' makes them feel an'' look F*^*in'' hard!.....I just wish they''d all P*$$ off......the higgorant whole F*^*in'' lorra them!

And then, leave me to swear in peace.......the Fri**in'' Ba$*a*ds! :~P [:@]

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

I find, that folk who have to resort to using expletives and foul and abusive language at sports gatherings, are ultimately lacking in social skills and any form of  F*^*in'' intelligence. If they start goin'' on a "ravin'' an'' swearin'' rant" an'' are within earshot of me, I certainly give them a piece of my F*^*in'' mind. They''re just ignorant Bas*ar*$ who think that swearin an'' gesturin'' makes them feel an'' look F*^*in'' hard!.....I just wish they''d all P*$$ off......the higgorant whole F*^*in'' lorra them!

[/quote]

Good old Mello...bringing some reality to this thread......

Racism and homophobia are a state of mind and not the harmless fun with words that you usually hear at a football match. Too much finger wagging going on in this world nowadays and not enough attention to what really is wrong with society.

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

Won''t SOMEBODY think of the children....

For f***s sake.

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

In this thread human beings have been labelled "foul-mouthed idiots","racists","pond life","morons" and "neanderthals". These judgements have been made about the actions of complete strangers in the heat of a passionate sporting event.

Unfortunately there are alot of people around who get their sense of self-importance and superiority by making these extreme prejudgements of others based on nothing more than the way they look and behave (ie. exactly the mentality which leads to racism). Please dont break your necks whilst trying to get off your high-horses folks.....

[/quote]

Evidently I must have been in the same part of the ground as the poster and his family, as I heard all this nonsense and I heard our Earnie being called a little black c--t, in a loud and public way from probably the same group who had evidently had a good swill of ale. But of course Mr Carrow, I wouldn''t prejudge the individuals concerned because of the way they looked  and how they behaved. I''m sure its all harmless fun and passion as befits such a sporting event.

I will not be tolerating any foul language in the Barclay Lower this Saturday and will be admonishing anyone I hear using expletives.

You don''t hear foul language in the Cathedral Lounge so why there?

[quote user="Rudolph Hucker"]I will not be tolerating any foul language in the Barclay Lower this Saturday and will be admonishing anyone I hear using expletives. You don''t hear foul language in the Cathedral Lounge so why there?[/quote]

Yep....I think that would go down nicely............