Sign in to follow this  
tristan

Peter Grant

Lets hear from all you negative supporters who did not want Grant as manager, come out and show your true colours. I no it''s only one game, but with his leadership and drive, this should spur the players on like last night. Don''t think anyone can have a argument, first away win of the season, bring on the league leaders! Let''s all get behing Granty and make Carrow road a fortress again.

totally agree can we all stop complaining we have the manager and it''s far too early to tell whether he''s the man or not but surely he deserves the chance to prove it with the full backing of the club and the board, it''s a new era and these are exciting times.

If you don''t want to support the manager and the club leave your ticket behind for those who certainly would love the chance to do.

Well done the boys last night.     ** BUT **

I Hate to rain on your parade, and I am "pro" Grant''s appointment, but have you ever heard of the word "honeymoon"?

It''s when the long, hard and traditionally awful Norwich City "new year" syndrome kicks in that we will see how good he really is. Let''s hope the answer is very good!

[quote user="tristan"]Lets hear from all you negative supporters who did not want Grant as manager, come out and show your true colours. I no it''s only one game, but with his leadership and drive, this should spur the players on like last night. Don''t think anyone can have a argument, first away win of the season, bring on the league leaders! Let''s all get behing Granty and make Carrow road a fortress again.[/quote]

I agree, I was happy with his appointment and also think that with his leadership, enthusiam and drive that we will be successful.

Plus his press conference was inspiring and his latest comment that he likes to play players in their natural position is music to my ears [:D]

I appreciate its a honeymoon period but its looking good!

if it looks like a bubble, sounds like a bubble, floats like a bubble... then call it a bubble... and enjoy it before it bursts... if it bursts... which it may do soon... or may not do for months... but enjoy it... don''t worry about it... breathe!

For me it''s the little things that are impressing me about Grant.  I''ve just read the interview this morning about last night, and one bit particularly made me think about the differences between Grant and Worthy: “I told them I don''t want them playing with fear,” he said. “I know

mistakes will be made, I understand they will be made but if they

understand the reason why they have made mistakes and how they recover

from them I will have no problems with them.”
Compare that to Worthington''s comments after last season''s Derby game at Carrow Road.  We won, and Huckerby enjoyed a devil of a day against Eddy, running him ragged from start to finish, and scoring.  Yet Worthy criticised Hucks and said "he''ll have to cut out all that Roy of the Rovers stuff", simply because he lost the ball attempting a flick late on in the game.And it makes you think about how we struggled to hold onto leads in recent times under Worthy - it''s almost as if our players were so scared of making a mistake and getting a blast from Worthy that they forgot how to play football and completely clamped up.Playing without fear seems like a soundbite, but it could be the major factor that we were missing recently...

They were scared of making mistakes because they knew how quickly the fans would jump on their backs. Just look at Brum last night - a good team playing with a lot of fear because they know what will happen if they make a mistake.

[quote user="tristan"]Lets hear from all you negative supporters who did not want Grant as manager, come out and show your true colours. I no it''s only one game, but with his leadership and drive, this should spur the players on like last night. Don''t think anyone can have a argument, first away win of the season, bring on the league leaders! Let''s all get behing Granty and make Carrow road a fortress again.[/quote]

Oh dear.........I fear this is the first of the ''I told you so'' postings............To coin a phrase...''One swallow does not a summer make''......

No-one on here should feel anything other than relief and pleasure at seeing the team get back to winning ways....especially against Brirmingham.......but please spare us the premature promotion chants. Birmingham are on a big downer right now (remember Plymouth?) and so were easy prey and only the coming months will provide proof one way or the other.

My biggest satifaction is for the travelling fans (you know...those wicked swearing types...) who were finally given a chink of light and something to gloat about on the way home. I''m pleased for them............

This is the same rose-tinted idiocy that kept Nigel Worthington in charge for far to long!!

A good first result, but please, get real and read nothing further than that into it.

Indeed. How often does a footy team not get a good result the game after a new manager is appointed? I remember a down-and-out Stockport side taking the three points off us under the new stewardship of Carlton Palmer a few years back, yet I don''t recall them winning too many more games after that! As mentioned above, we might have a better indication as to how PG is doing immediately after Christmas when we almost always do really pants. Even then, it''s how many games we win, draw and lose between now and the end of the season that matters.

Although we are inevitably still going to lose some matches, I want to see the manner in which all our matches are fought before people start crowing one way or the other. Again, as mentioned above, this is the beginning of a new era and the least we can do is forgive and forget and give everyone at the club our full vocal backing for the rest of the season. Initial signs are promising, but let''s bring the unity back and keep it going.

Please?

[quote user="Mook"]

Well done the boys last night.     ** BUT **

I Hate to rain on your parade, and I am "pro" Grant''s appointment, but have you ever heard of the word "honeymoon"?

It''s when the long, hard and traditionally awful Norwich City "new year" syndrome kicks in that we will see how good he really is. Let''s hope the answer is very good!

[/quote]no such word in football as honeymoon, it''s a word made up by the media. true enough grant will have some testing times ahead but dosen''t every manager in the league face this sort of pressure on a regular basis?

shackell said the players like him, which is a good start.i''ll admit to struggle to understand his accent, especially on radio broadland fust thing in the morning, but already i like what he''s had to say, like ''entertaining football'' with a winning purpose - its no good playing pretty stuff if you never win. my only concern is he''s being obliged to work with what''s here - its like an arranged marriage by the board - can the likes of hunter/webb/livermore and PG hit if off personally and professionally to bring City success?  usually an incumbant manager brings in his own people to ensure the chemistry is right.  in such a highly stressed environment, if the management team are not 100% comfortable, then it simply won''t work and their disunity will be reflected on the pitch.  in the past city had success with williams and stringer, internal appointments that worked well together. hopefully - PG and the city staff will gel and provide city with an exciting and succesful next chapter in the clubs history.good luck to em all.

As an interesting exercise put the words ''Peter Grant'' into the search facility of this website and go to page 5 which has the earliest posts. Have a look at some of the things we have said about him in the past. Amongst other things he is ''Worst ever player'' and ''The bloke to pull Pardews nuts out of the fire''. Hope he never looks at this message board!

[quote user="ronbol ronbol"]
no such word in football as honeymoon, it''s a word made up by the media. true enough grant will have some testing times ahead but dosen''t every manager in the league face this sort of pressure on a regular basis?
[/quote]

You''re havin'' a banana, right? No such word as honeymoon?

The players are all desperately trying to impress their new boss. How will they play once they''ve tied up their new 3 year deals and are nailed-on for the 1st team in a few months?

If they''re as motivated then as they were last night, I''ll be impressed.

lucky green trainers wrote the following post at 18/10/2006 3:36 PM:

my only concern is

he''s being obliged to work with what''s here - its like an arranged

marriage by the board - can the likes of hunter/webb/livermore and PG

hit if off personally and professionally to bring City success? 

usually an incumbant manager brings in his own people to ensure the

chemistry is right.  in such a highly stressed environment, if the

management team are not 100% comfortable, then it simply won''t work and

their disunity will be reflected on the pitch.  in the past city had

success with williams and stringer, internal appointments that worked

well together.

- the thing about managers bringing staff with them is: usually these are coaches that they have worked well with in the past (see Sven and Tord Grip - about 5 teams togther). Grant does not actually have anyone waiting to follow him as he is new to management

[quote user="Mook"]

[quote user="ronbol ronbol"]no such word in football as honeymoon, it''s a word made up by the media. true enough grant will have some testing times ahead but dosen''t every manager in the league face this sort of pressure on a regular basis?[/quote]

You''re havin'' a banana, right? No such word as honeymoon?

The players are all desperately trying to impress their new boss. How will they play once they''ve tied up their new 3 year deals and are nailed-on for the 1st team in a few months?

If they''re as motivated then as they were last night, I''ll be impressed.

[/quote]I did say - "testing times ahead" which i am very sure with this squad he is very likely to get