Sign in to follow this  
pride_of_anglia_ncfc

PG on Anglia at 11pm

I have just seen to my horror in the paper that Gerry Harrison is making a comeback. For those of you who are too young to remember, GH was the most biased pro Ips**t commentator ever on local sport TV. He practically used to get down on all fours and lick the shoes of Bobby Robson. We used to have lots of songs about him in the old Barclay.

[quote user="Kathy"]I have just seen to my horror in the paper that Gerry Harrison is making a comeback. For those of you who are too young to remember, GH was the most biased pro Ips**t commentator ever on local sport TV. He practically used to get down on all fours and lick the shoes of Bobby Robson. We used to have lots of songs about him in the old Barclay.[/quote]

I remember him well. Good old John Bond with his classic "It was magic Gerry" in post match interveiws.....

He certainly was biased as you say.

[quote user="cluckin"]

[quote user="Kathy"]I have just seen to my horror in the paper that Gerry Harrison is making a comeback. For those of you who are too young to remember, GH was the most biased pro Ips**t commentator ever on local sport TV. He practically used to get down on all fours and lick the shoes of Bobby Robson. We used to have lots of songs about him in the old Barclay.[/quote]

I remember him well. Good old John Bond with his classic "It was magic Gerry" in post match interveiws.....

He certainly was biased as you say.

[/quote]

The one I remember most of all was the first goal against Ips**t in league cup semi 2nd leg. I remember finally getting home and watching the highlights on video. The goal was  credited to Dixie but it took a deflection off the Ipswich defender. Harrisons commentry went :-

"Poor old Ian Cranston, what dreadful luck for Ipswich"

Some of the videos in the early nineties feature him as well. Despite it being a Norwich video, and him commentating on a local team playing football, I''ve never heard anyone so deflated when commentating on Chris Sutton scroing for us... you could imaging him shaking is mic in disgust. Of course, that kind of spontanious reflex is probably beyond his body now...