Sign in to follow this  
TWEETY PIE

Fitness

Coming towards the end of an unbelievable season ,i feel its time we recognised how fit the squad is .I know we have an occasional wobble at the end of the game,but in the past it was every game and we now look like the team to score.Im not sure who the fitness coach is but he clearly has done a remarkable job .As a lot of our current game plan is closing down and out running opponents/workrate.Again i dont know who you are (im sure someone will Peter)
but congrats on a job well done.

A very good point Tweety Pie. Worthy has aid on numerous occasions throughout the season how fit the guys are it''s 2nd halfs like the one at Burnley that highlight this.

Added to this we get a full weekend off between Wigan & Reading & things seem positive

Come on City - cane it over the final few furlongs!!

PS: Had a dream last night we started winning 7-5!

its not just the fitness, its the desire to win every game and fight from 1-90 mins. we never used to have the desire to win and fell away in the last stages of the game.
like the burnley game we thought right to the end, wanting more goals, it is all coming together now!

OTBC!!!!

I''m convinced that our fitness levels owe much to the wonderful routines the lads perform in a circle as part of their pre-match warm-up, especially the exercise that looks like Riverdance on heat!!! Watching their faces as they do that one is a treat! Someone will pull a muscle laughing one of these days, I''ll guarantee it!

Tweety Pie, well posted. at the beginning of the last two seasons I have posted my concerns about the fitness of our players. Now you make a valid point about the improvement shown by almost all of them as they move positively towards the Prem. The improvement seems to me to stem from injection of new blood in the loan player period. Anyhow it is refreshing to see everyone putting in 100% effort. whatever the reason. OTBC

Yep, the entire squad seem to be kept really fit under Worthy. Its also worth considering how few injuries we have had- maybe the extra fitness and strength the players have means that they deal with knocks and heavy challenges better? Another ten out of ten for the backroom staff.