Sign in to follow this  
NavMan

Feet on the Ground

Despite our great start under Peter Grant I am one of those who is keeping his feet firmly on the ground - just been watching Sky Sports and was reminded that Sunderland won their first game under Roy Kean and have then proceeded to lose the next four.  Oh dear - please not us.

I completely agree with keeping your feet on the ground. I think we''re all old and wise enough...

That said, Sunderland are not a quality team. They were awful in the Premiership and even worse after their relegation. Plus Keane has no experience of coaching or management anywhere.

I think we are a better side, especially our first eleven, which we proved earlier in the season. Plus Grant has proved himself as a coach and assistant for a few seasons before he came here.

Personally, I think it''s right to not get carried away. Christmas/23 games is the first time you can really assess the possibilities a seaason holds and, whilst optimistic, it could still go horribly wrong.

I guess we''ll see...

I remember one of the first posts I replied to after we appointed Peter Grant was from a poster who was comparing his appointment with Keane''s at Sunderland and saying we had no ambition! I guess thats why this messageboard is so special and also shows how quickly things can change. So far this season we have had Worthy turn it round and and storming the league, then we had Worthy on his way to getting us relegated, then the uncertainty of the managerial change and more relegation fears, now we are looking towards a top 6 finish again. We are only halfway through October! This season is gonna be a rollercoaster for sure!

I guess getting carried away is what us fans do and anyway, it''s hard to keep our feet on the ground in this damn bubble!

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I guess getting carried away is what us fans do and anyway, it''s hard to keep our feet on the ground in this damn bubble!

[/quote]

Yeah, but you wouldn''t want it any other way would you...

Always count your bubbles before they burst.