Sign in to follow this  
NavMan

Player of Season

For me it has to be Craig Fleming. A caller said on Radio Norfolk yesterday that people never say that Craig Fleming has had a brilliant game and that is because all his games are brilliant and he is as solid as a rock and quite simply because he is not a forward scoring goals is very rarely in the limelight. He is quite simply as solid as a rock every game and I know that Hucks will be in with a shout but Flem is first class every game which sways it for me as Hucks being the type of player he is can have the odd game here and there where he is not too much involved. I know Greeno in with a shout as well but for defensive qualities for me it is Flem.

Good call NavMan. Yes Huckerby has been fantastic at times, but Fleming has been so consistent all season and last, and the one before that, so I am voting Craig!

Will Worthy reward the player of the season with the captains armband as he did with Drury this year. Should Adam remain captain next year or do we we need a stronger, more experienced man as capt?

I agree, Flemming he has been outstanding all season and will probably get my vote too. I also think Holt has had a strong season, better than he had last year. I always think the central midfielders are the most important players on the pitch, they are the engine room of the team and gary has been an absolute work horse this year. I think Hucks will probably win the Player of the year but it is a team performance after all and over the year I hope people acknowledge the hard work all of the team have put in - long let it continue.

Don''t get me wrong, Flem has been absolutely outstanding this year. But it''s got to be Hucks. I''m sorry, but I guarantee GUARENTEE, we would not be where we are without Huckerby. The player is incredible- His pace, flair, goals and influence have been world class- Unlike anything we''ve seen at this club for a long time. The feel good factor he brought around the club, hell around the entire city, when he first came and when he signed perminantly was unlike anything I''ve ever seen before. Huckerby has the ability to score goals, but more importnatly can create them by the shed load. Without Darren we would not be dreaming about Old Trafford, Highbury or Stamford Bridge like we are now. For that- He''s my player of the season.

definately hucks. if we didn''t have him, we just wouldn''t be where we are. Drury should still be captain, he has done an excellent job.

All good points about Hucks, but it''s not "Contribution to our league position" award, it''s player of the season. Someone would get the award even if we finished in 18th place. And that player should be Fleming.

Fleming has been outstanding, Malky has defended out of his skin at times, Greeno has been so consistant that he has been recognised by the England setup,but sit back and think for a minute, would we really be sitting on top of the league without Darren Huckerby ?. No, I dont think so either, even when he''s crap he''s good ( or do I mean god ? ). There is only one candidate for Player of the season, and that has to be Darren Huckerby - even if he is so modest he keeps referring to it being a team effort !

Did anyone else pick up the fact that for the last month Hucks has been playing with a broken rib,which might explain a few out of sorts displays from God elect,which says something for his commitment to the cause.I love Flem and he would probably get my vote solely for the fact he cant play any better than he is just now,but with Hucks who knows whats to come.So what about the scenario where Hucks gets player of the season and Flem
scores with a rocket into the corner from 30 yds to secure promotion to the promised land.

I personnally would give it to flem or greeno. Greeno for obvious reasons, the england call up, the numorous amount of game-winning saves etc...but I just theink that flem has played out of his skin all season, he has been are best player this season apart from possibly hucks, but hucks has only been here half a season. So my vote goes to either flem of greeno.

I''m on the Fleming band wagon - these people who say we wouldn''t be where we are without Huckerby well remember Palace at home for the first 25 mins D.H didn''t touch the ball mean while Flem was keeping Freedman and co under control. Then we have the christmas period when we won three games without DH oh and the first few games of the season no DH.

Forget Darren this year it''s

1 Craig Fleming (What would we do without him)
2 Gary Holt (Has turned games with his unselfish work and endless covering)
3 Robert Green ( How many Important saves has this guy made this Year?)

While I agree fleming has been superb this season, I really think it would be rude for Greeno not to get it. Of course there was that howler against forest but that just shows how strong a person he is to put that out of his mind and keep getting better. As well as some amazing shot stopping, which he has always been able to do, his all round game has improved and thats whats important for keepers. Most keepers can pull off a fantastic save once in a while but it is a mark of a gret keeper to be able to do it regularly and comand your box with the full trust and respect of the back 4 in front of u. But then again maybe his england call was his reward and flem should win!

Tricky one this season - obviously Huckerby''s contribution cannot be overstated, but I always think that a Player of the Season should be the most consistent performer across the ENTIRE season - therefore, here are my three nominations:

1. Craig Fleming
2. Robert Green
3. Marc Edworthy

Hucks will win top scorer and numerous other awards and whilst I agree about everything thats been said about his contribution this season I''d really like to this award go to Flem.

My choice is guite strange, but bear with me.

1. Mark Rivers.

2. Easton.

3. Zema Abbey.

None have played much, thus all have made huge contribution''s to the team''s success this season!.

Seriously though I just can''nt decide, my heart says Hucks, but my head says Flem. Decissions decissions!..

I still think it will be a foregone conclusion really but i''m pleased to see a lot of people aknowledge Flemmings form this year - I hope he wins it. As already pointed out Hucks already gets the plaudits week in week out so it would be nice to see someone else get some credit.

1st wizard, a bit harsh on Rivers I think, do people forget our good start to the season?

I agree with wizard, had it not been for clints dazzling perfomances down the left flank we wouldnt be in this position now. CLINT FOR ENGLAND!

I have been saying all along that Alan Thompson isn''t the answer to England''s left sided problems! How much longer can Errikson ignore The Man with no Game?

Bes I think you have summed it up perfectly. I was going to vote for Greeno but you have just persuaded me

but remember last time clint was on?
got booed of the pitch!

Fatman, I hope you''ll forgive me ranting about Brennan enough to completely agree with your choice?! Although it''s fifty/fifty for me between Green and Hucks in third place.

Yes, its a team effort
Yes the defence have been great
Yes Greeno has been outstanding
Yes the midfield have been a powerhouse
But they are all totally outclassed by Hucks.
He has been the biggest single contributor to the cause.
He is without doubt the most skillful player on the park.
He alone can win player of the season.
That is to take nothing away from the rest of the team. They have all been magnificent.
Thanks lads.
OTBC

Mook....my original answer was edited out by the moderator, it was something about your monkey and spanking, lol. No problem with the Brennan thread - we are all entitled to an opinion.