Sign in to follow this  
Cluck

Suggested new target for Grant........

Ok, so I''m the grumpy old man on here......but I still have my dreams.

With Wembley being ready for the 2007 FA Cup final......why not fulfill that impossible dream of seeing City in the final at last....and at the new Wembley Stadium?

We all see the black and white films of  that famous 1923 final......maybe it would be nice to see us go down (not literally) in history this time round........

Old hat....but I still love the magic of the FA Cup.......1959...jumpers for goalposts......

I wouldnt say grumpy old man, just a bit negative.

Halford from Colchester - 1 million

Davenport from Spurs - 1 million

Koumas from West Brom - 1.5 million

Harewood from West Ham - 1 million - 1.5 million

Total - 5 million with two million from Green and one million from Mackenzie = 2 million spent.

Team would then be below:

Gallacher

Halford, Shackle, Davenport, Drury

Croft, Safri, Koumas, Huckerby

Earnshaw, Harewood

What a starting 11.

Two foreign players we haven''t heard of for a combined £1m. Let''s get some SCOUTING going, not just watch the championship on a Sunday morning.

All very good target give grant a chance but I think your underestimating them a bit!

Halford 1 Million, realistic but considering Colin is on form at the moment, i think we could put the funds somewhere else

Koumas would have command about £2.5 Million if he had moved to Cardiff in the summer but that didn''t happen. I would like to see Koumas here but with Tony Mowbray there I imagine he will want to keep the kid

Harewood, I would love to see him here but sadly £1 Million is nowhere near his valvation. Tottenham were quoted £7.5 Million from Pardew last year and I imagine it now would be somewhere in between. Around £3.5 Million

Davenport has been played by Spurs recently but I think for about £2 Million we would net him!

I think i have got them wrong.

U r right Tom NCFC.

I would love to see harewood alongside Earnie, what a partnership that would be but i think we have got to seriously look at a cheaper option maybe holt from forrest?

Agree,

Harewood would be £6m plus.

He has only just signed a new extended contract and is well happy in East London.

He''s young, top scored for his team last year, and is learning a lot from Sheringham.

Davenport was on loan to WHU. He was great at championship level and I am surprised that he has not gone on from there. He would be a magnificent player for Norwich to sign.

[quote user="give grant a chance"]

I think i have got them wrong.

U r right Tom NCFC.

I would love to see harewood alongside Earnie, what a partnership that would be but i think we have got to seriously look at a cheaper option maybe holt from forrest?

[/quote]

My mates a Forest fan, and he says Holt is a waste of space. Might be playing well this season but he''s not up to much apparently.

If we want another goalscorer and an investment at around the £1m mark, Billy Sharp at Scunthorpe looks like the ticket. Only 21 and 10 goals this season, he is bound to be going somewhere in the January transfer window. Not a big fella though!

Greg Halford! We should do an Ashton in January to get him. The guy is clearly quality and whatever happens we could sell him for a fat profit if we had to further down the line. He would be as much an investment as a player, just like Ashton turned out to be!

Maybe Peter Grant will want to make some more comprehensive changes to the squad, to generate a bit more cash. I''m interested in the central defensive partnership; for me Worthy''s biggest failure was not getting that right. I understand that Doherty & Shackell were both on fine form at B''ham but prior to that & for the last 2 seasons I thought this was the weakest part of our team & I would have been looking for a new manager to make major changes. So I would have seen priority no.1 as creating a new central defensive partnership, and saying goodbye to Doherty, Shackell & Fleming, but then they did the business at Brum so maybe (hopefully) things can change for the better after all. If Peter Grant can turn them into impressive defenders who play well for 90 mins & keep clean sheets, rather than impressive defenders who play well for 87 mins & concede 3 goals then he''ll have achieved what I would see as a very valid target. If he can''t then I would suggest a prime target should be tangible change, for the better, in the central defensive partnership. For what it''s worth, sitting in Fuerteventura, & suffering from alcoholic depression following yet another loss of 2 points from a last minute goal at Loftus Road I had in mind a back line at Brum of Colin, Spillane, Drury & Rossi Jarvis. Fortunately Mr Grant took a more cautious stance & 3 points were bagged. More tomorrow please. 

A young lad, Lee Frecklington (midfielder) currently playing for Lincoln City. I think he is destined for greater things.......Mucho Lotto - worth a look!

You heard it here first![Y]