Sign in to follow this  
Canary Boy

"HUCKERBY GOING NOWHERE": GRANT

Great news this....apparently Peter Grant sees a big future for Hucks and wants to extend his contract as soon as possible.

I like this Grant guy!

I think I''m falling in love but is there room in my heart for Hucks and Grant?

Good we all know we have the makings of a good team, they just need to believe it and breaking it up would be a mistake

thank god for that!

its crazy, we need to spend money on the rest of the team, he cares, and creates stuff, and it would cost us millions to buy a player of his caliber.  when 8 of the guys couldnt hold their heads up against burnley hucks still tries, he should be given a 2 year deal, and kept here till he retires.

Ask him when he plans to retire, then give him whatever contract it takes to keep him here until then.Huckerby is legend enough, but the way he fought so hard to save Worthy''s job, even though many of us didn''t want him to, made the Worthy Out comments stick in the throat a little.Once he''s retired, he should try getting into youth coaching or something to begin a career, he''s an excellent role-model these days.

Huckerby has been Norwich''s best, most consistnent performer over the last 8 years or so, imo knowbody has performed at the level Huckerby has for the past 3 and a bit years.

Recentley, it''s shown also that He is our most important player at the moment, if he doesnt play we have no significant attacking threat it appears.

However, i''d only give him a 1 year deal i think, keep him hungry, because a hungry Huckerby could still do it in the premiership. Although, Huckerby probably would be fully committed if he was on a 10 year contract. He''s that sort of gut. As long as he gets a new deal, i''m happy!

If Grant  is serious  about keeping Hucks   , he should  quit  running about shouting for him to get back !!  as this is the best way to piss him off   .......  Hucks  should be left to play as only he knows how , If Grant is a control freak   , then he should  concentrate  on the rest of the team !   the last thing Hucks wants is another  Keegan or Strachan   trying  to control things  !!!  

This is a first warning Grant ..................

[quote user="sheded"]

If Grant  is serious  about keeping Hucks   , he should  quit  running about shouting for him to get back !!  as this is the best way to piss him off   .......  Hucks  should be left to play as only he knows how , If Grant is a control freak   , then he should  concentrate  on the rest of the team !   the last thing Hucks wants is another  Keegan or Strachan   trying  to control things  !!!  

This is a first warning Grant ..................

[/quote]

Haha... Keegan shouting at a winger to get back?! I''m not sure that''s why they fell out...

I''ve seen a lot of people question how exposed our left back is sometimes as a result of Huckerby''s runs. I hope you''re not posting this as serious warning to Grant. It''s just tactical awareness and making sure Darren knows he should be fit enough to get back... so he doesn''t just walk or wander.

Huckerby - The guy is a legend in my eyes. And if Grant is a control freak, I''d hope he''d treat the entire squad in the same way, as they won''t feel very united if not. Another Worthy criticism if I remember...

I''ve seen a lot of people question how exposed our left back is sometimes as a result of Huckerby''s runs. I hope you''re not posting this as serious warning to Grant. It''s just tactical awareness and making sure Darren knows he should be fit enough to get back... so he doesn''t just walk or wander

Mbncfc

=========================================

Yeah ? and a lot of those people are now calling him a legend !   

So , according to you ,  Hucks shouldn`t make  any runs , because this would  expose  the left wing ?     all that says to me , is that  the club are in dire straits  !  He mustn`t go on the attack , because , if he does , this will expose  the left  ?  

As for this  "  walk / wander  "   thing  what IS he supposed to do , in order to satisfy your idea  of where Hucks is going wrong  oh wise one  ?   knacker himself  running all over the place  , just so he looks busy ?

As for being " fit ", Hucks IS the fittest player on the field !  bar none !!    so he doesn`t need  a newby manager   breathing down his neck ..... 

Hucks [ do I really need to point this out ? ]   is  a striker , and also is assisting in MOST of the goals we get , apparently , this is not   to  your satisfaction ? 

Grant should concentrate his " tactical awareness "   on the defence and midfield  , because THATS   where its going tits up ! 

[quote user="sheded"]

I''ve seen a lot of people question how exposed our left back is sometimes as a result of Huckerby''s runs. I hope you''re not posting this as serious warning to Grant. It''s just tactical awareness and making sure Darren knows he should be fit enough to get back... so he doesn''t just walk or wander

Mbncfc

So , according to you ,  Hucks shouldn`t make  any runs , because this would  expose  the left wing ?     all that says to me , is that  the club are in dire straits  !  He mustn`t go on the attack , because , if he does , this will expose  the left  ?  

As for this  "  walk / wander  "   thing  what IS he supposed to do , in order to satisfy your idea  of where Hucks is going wrong  oh wise one  ?   knacker himself  running all over the place  , just so he looks busy ?

As for being " fit ", Hucks IS the fittest player on the field !  bar none !!    so he doesn`t need  a newby manager   breathing down his neck ..... 

Hucks [ do I really need to point this out ? ]   is  a striker , and also is assisting in MOST of the goals we get , apparently , this is not   to  your satisfaction ? 

Grant should concentrate his " tactical awareness "   on the defence and midfield  , because THATS   where its going tits up ! 

[/quote]

Spot on!!

[quote user="sheded"]

Mbncfc

[/quote]

Crumbs...

OK let me make this clear. I think he''s a legend. I have never criticised him for exposing our left back. However I know that this has come up from several fans in the past, both in conversations and on this board. My opinion, which I haven''t given yet, is that I think he''s the most exciting player at the club, due to how good he is going forward and ruuning at players, plus the freedom he gets to do this.

I agree, he''s a very fit player, as proven by his injury record. I would hope PG would shout at him to get back sometimes to help when teams are attacking, plus then he''d be deeper so he could pick the ball up and break sooner. ie - Darren, please run to get back, don''t just walk back. This isn''t telling him not to go forward or on runs.

I think his tactical awareness should be concentrated on the entire team, as a team. This isn''t the same as calling him a control freak, who should get off Huckerby''s back, or me hoping the entire squad individually is treated in the same way.

I don''t really think you understood what I originally posted and I think you''ve over-reacted. But I apologise if you feel it wasn''t clear enough.

I don''t really think you understood what I originally posted and I think you''ve over-reacted. But I apologise if you feel it wasn''t clear enough.

Mbncfc 

==============================================

No apologies needed   MB !   I dont think I misunderstood your first posting though ?    the thing is .... if you  quote  what others say , then  it will naturally come across  , that you are agreeing  with those comments !  rightly or wrongly  ,  all part of the football forum scene   ....[;)]

Sheded doesn''t really understand that other wingers make runs AND support their fullback. See Cristiano Ronaldo and Joe Cole as examples.

Hucks should be allowed to get away with not defending at all, if Sheded was manager.

Fair play, Hucks, do your wing play. But don''t stand with your hands on your hips when we''re defending!

Huckerby DOES leave the left back exposed.  And no he does  not do enough running in ninety minutes to justify him wandering around up front with his hands on his hips while the opppositon attack. 

As for your statement about Huckerby being a striker then arrogantly saying ''do I need to point it out'', all I can say is you are WRONG.  Huckerby has always been and always will be an attacking left/right midfielder!   

[quote user="Mook"]

Sheded doesn''t really understand that other wingers make runs AND support their fullback. See Cristiano Ronaldo and Joe Cole as examples.

Hucks should be allowed to get away with not defending at all, if Sheded was manager.

Fair play, Hucks, do your wing play. But don''t stand with your hands on your hips when we''re defending!

[/quote]

Just ask yourself this Mook ,   if Ronaldino and Cole   were to be put in  Hucks place  ,  would they REALLY   be running up and down the field  for most of the match  , doing a defensive as well as  a attacking role  ? I think not !   they are with teams that have a sound midfield and defence  , a luxury that Hucks doesn`t enjoy !    ffs, he`s been carrying  the burden  of this  sputtering  team  for long enough ....  to round on him , to say he shouldn`t  " stand with his hands on his hips " whilst  the team is defending  , is to totally ignore the fact that  that THIS  is what the team  has been doing ,with monotanous regularity , for the past two seasons !!   our midfield  and defence   should be  the subject  of scrutiny  , not him  !   the next thing we`ll  hear is why he`s not doing the keepers job as well ! [:D]

Surely if he feels he wants to leave on a free at the end of the season we should let him do it.  He''s not getting any younger and has an adoring audience here.......so where does he think he is going to find a better life?

As one door closes, another one has opened and maybe it''s time to start building for when Huckerby is no longer at the centre of things.

Just a suggestion................

[quote user="cluckin"]

Surely if he feels he wants to leave on a free at the end of the season we should let him do it.  He''s not getting any younger and has an adoring audience here.......so where does he think he is going to find a better life?

As one door closes, another one has opened and maybe it''s time to start building for when Huckerby is no longer at the centre of things.

[/quote]

Not a good suggestion cluckin [:)] I couldn''t survive without my daily dose of Hucks !!

[quote user="sheded"]

Mbncfc 

==============================================

No apologies needed   MB !   I dont think I misunderstood your first posting though ?    the thing is .... if you  quote  what others say , then  it will naturally come across  , that you are agreeing  with those comments !  rightly or wrongly  ,  all part of the football forum scene   ....[;)]

[/quote]

All good Sir.

Indeed, football forums will be the death of us all. I should have learned from the Pope''s mistake... [H]

But Joe Cole DOES tackle back! Why do you think the Chelsea defence is so sound?!

And comparing Ronaldinho to Hucks is slander, even for a Norwich City fan. Barcelona defence, sound??? No it''s not! They are a law unto themselves, we aer playing Championship football and need to get out of a very competitive league.

The fact is, if you play as a left midfielder you have a responsibility to the team defensively as well as offensively. Ok - so Hucks makes goals. So does Joe Cole. So does Giggs, Park Ji-Sung, Stewart Downing, etc etc. That''s what they''re there for! It''s the extra work-rate that they put in that sets them apart. You don''t put 5 in midfield to strengthen the team, then allow your wide men to only attack.

I certainly am not "rounding" on him. He has carried us, he is our best player. But if you think any football player''s game is perfect, needs no improving, nothing to work on, nothing better they can offer the team, then you''re watching the wrong game. Football moves forwards, so standing still means you''re going backwards.

Being a bit of a Statto now. In my view Hucks offers a 90:10 attacking to defending ratio. If he could get that to 80:20 or even 70:30, the stability of the team may even improve as a result.

I certainly am not "rounding" on him. He has carried us, he is our best player. But if you think any football player''s game is perfect, needs no improving, nothing to work on, nothing bette

Mook

========================================

Nobodies  perfect Mook !    as you  said in the  above  excerpt  , Hucks  HAS carried  the team ,  its up to Grant  to get the rest  of the team  up to Hucks level of commitment , IF he can do this   , then  the  Prem  is ours ! 

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="cluckin"]

[/quote]

Not a good suggestion cluckin [:)] I couldn''t survive without my daily dose of Hucks !!

[/quote]

Sorry Angel....just as I was trying to be non-controversial as well!

[quote user="clucki"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="cluckin"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Sorry Angel....just as I was trying to be non-controversial as well!

[/quote]

Don''t be sorry its just that hes my favourite and I need him here for a couple of more seasons [:D]

[quote user="Middle of the Road"]Is the plan to put the extra tier on the City stand - I had assumed it was the Jarrold stand?[/quote]

Yes they definately said the extra tier was going on the City Stand.