Sign in to follow this  
......and Smith must score.

Yellow fever.....Terminated ?

[quote user="......and Smith must score."]

Getting a bit twitchy now as I can''t seem to find any '' yellow fever '' one-liner classics on the board as of late.

Has he been liquidated by the moderators ? ..........or just scuttled off down the A.140 ?

Anyone any ideas ?

[/quote]

terminated no, castrated tho

One or two others have also disappeared since the multiple user-names expose''.............

Just be happy that there is only one of me..........[:)]

[quote user="clucki"]

One or two others have also disappeared since the multiple user-names expose''.............

[/quote]

There was no expose'' - it was just a further attempt to undermine those that argued against the "old extreme WO stance." The usual stuff - you must be a ktf, a binner or in this case a multiple poster. In the past I have also been accused of being Blax, Ralph etc. No evidence just allegation. The annoying thing was that most of the posts I put up in counter-allegation were stopped by the moderators, so I assume that they were too close to the truth for comfort.

In any case, peace seems to have broken out in most cases now, so I don''t get as annoyed as I used to with some of the posts! I can just lurk, read and enjoy like I did for ages before I ever posted. I only started posting when the whole WO thing got silly in here. Hopefully that is behind us now!

[quote user="Middle of the Road"][quote user="clucki"]

[/quote]

There was no expose'' - it was just a further attempt to undermine those that argued against the "old extreme WO stance." The usual stuff - you must be a ktf, a binner or in this case a multiple poster. In the past I have also been accused of being Blax, Ralph etc. No evidence just allegation. The annoying thing was that most of the posts I put up in counter-allegation were stopped by the moderators, so I assume that they were too close to the truth for comfort.

In any case, peace seems to have broken out in most cases now, so I don''t get as annoyed as I used to with some of the posts! I can just lurk, read and enjoy like I did for ages before I ever posted. I only started posting when the whole WO thing got silly in here. Hopefully that is behind us now!

[/quote]

I don''t understand when you say you had posts stopped by the moderators? I have never had any posts stopped. Why would they be stopped?

Everybody should feel free to post whatever their views on the ''hot topics''

[/quote]

[/quote]

The moderators dont stops posts lightly (look up  the meaning of moderator in the dictionary). If they were stopped they must have been wellout of order and not welcome on here.

[/quote]

[/quote]

I wasn''t having a pop at you MOTR....and similarly I have piped down a little now. Its a very emotive thing when you see such strife at the club and the divide between fans was not nice to see. Everyone has an opinion....but being a ''new boy'' on this site I guess I made myself a bit of a target........

I still have my serious issues with the Board and no doubt will continue to bang my particular drum a bit....but as regards Peter Grant, seeing him on his feet by the touchline spoke volumes. Let''s hope all goes well........

It''s nice to see that grudges don''t seem to be held.......and I have no problems with anyone........apart from my ex-Mother-in-law that is........

[quote user="Kathy"]

The moderators dont stops posts lightly (look up  the meaning of moderator in the dictionary). If they were stopped they must have been wellout of order and not welcome on here.

[/quote]

See definition (and extension) below. This is not always my experience. All I can say is that I have never used bad language or been anywhere near as personal as some of the statements made against me. I can''t think of anything that I have written that warrented moderation.

Obviously as one who enjoys a good relationship with the moderators, your views may be clouded, and fewer of your posts will have been edited or just not posted. There are some in here who have special privileges, although I agree that in most cases the moderators seem to present a pretty balanced argument. The problem is that we can''t see all the comments that are moderated so we can''t judge. All I can say is that not all the "moderated" comments are done so on the grounds of decency, legality etc. Some in here are given protected status.

But hey, who cares that is all behind us, especially whilst we keep winning!

Definition from Wikipedia

"A forum moderator is someone granted special powers to enforce the rules of an Internet forum (Message board or Electronic mailing listor, as the case may be, their personal whim; the title refers to the powers more than the intent). Almost all moderators on all forums can move discussions to different sections of the forum, "close" or "lock" discussions to prevent users from continuing to discuss them, edit the content of individual postings, answer questions (or help people with problems), and "pin" or "stick" discussions so they remain visible in their forum section even if no new postings are made to them; different forums may give their moderators further powers."

Nutty, it is a moderated forum. Whilst most may strive to be objective, there is always likely to be some "editorial" going on. It is run by a newspaper that wants to maintain good links with those that give them stories and of course there is the issue of personal relationships between posters and moderators.

I am flattered that you think I have ''special privileges'' or have a ''special relationship with the moderators. Its difficult for me to comment without knowing what you have had deleted but I would be very surprised if they had it in for you. As a point of interest I have had just the one deletion but that was me me being offensive about an Ipswich player, and that is morally sound!

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]Cluckin''/Clucki/Cluck...

What''s happening, your username is getting shorter each day!?
[/quote]

hehe.......I''m slowly disappearing up my own backside........

No one in here has "protected status" or "special privileges" - but we do have several moderators and we can''t all follow every thread in detail, so sometimes a post may look reasonable on it''s own to the duty moderator, but in the context of the thread it could be out of place.Usually we only delete messages if they contain material that contain potential libels / unsubstantiated rumours (e.g. player''s personal lives); blatant swearing (our filter will catch some words, but not everything) although sometimes we will edit out the word if the rest of the message contains good points; and we will also delete messages that are complete rubbish (e.g. some txt-speak slagging off Norwich).  We also don''t allow links to listen to commentary on Canariesworld for free, bypassing their subscriptions system as we respect the licensing conditions they operate under. Over the summer, some of the Worthy Out threads were going round in circles and getting personal (that could even include excessive hounding of a poster for an answer) and we felt we had to put our foot down somewhere. I''m not sure of the exact reasons why Middle of the Road''s posts were rejected. I don''t have exact figures, but in typical week, my guess is we completely reject around a dozen messages out of 1500.The Report link is next to every post - if you have a problem with any message, click it and we''ll take another look at it.

There you go again MOTR you''re not happy unless you''re having a go at someone. This time you''re suggesting that Kathy has a good relationship with the Moderators and is enjoying special privileges, so her posts aren''t edited. Thats an insult to Kathy and also our moderators who to my knowledge have always acted in a most fair and professional manner on this site.

Well let me tell you that in over 3 years I don''t recall  ever having a post deleted or edited either and I definately don''t have any kind of a relationships or special privileges with the moderators.

So why were your posts deleted/edited? I can only hazard a guess and say that maybe they were concerned about the way you and your spouse GOTF seemed to target certain people and then continually hound them with repetitive accusations. Would have been bad enough if there had been one of you doing it but for husband and wife both to be involved in the scheming, was a little over the top don''t you think?

I''ve been on here 3 years and have seen lots of banter, disagreements & difference of opinions in that time but people usually either compromise, agree to disagree and then move on. You''re still refering to protests, petitions and the worthyout campaign which is history now, do what the rest of us have done and move on and enjoy the good times which are ahead.

[quote user="cityangel"]

There you go again MOTR you''re not happy unless you''re having a go at someone. This time you''re suggesting that Kathy has a good relationship with the Moderators and is enjoying special privileges, so her posts aren''t edited. Thats an insult to Kathy and also our moderators who to my knowledge have always acted in a most fair and professional manner on this site.

Well let me tell you that in over 3 years I don''t recall  ever having a post deleted or edited either and I definately don''t have any kind of a relationships or special privileges with the moderators.

So why were your posts deleted/edited? I can only hazard a guess and say that maybe they were concerned about the way you and your spouse GOTF seemed to target certain people and then continually hound them with repetitive accusations. Would have been bad enough if there had been one of you doing it but for husband and wife both to be involved in the scheming, was a little over the top don''t you think?

I''ve been on here 3 years and have seen lots of banter, disagreements & difference of opinions in that time but people usually either compromise, agree to disagree and then move on. You''re still refering to protests, petitions and the worthyout campaign which is history now, do what the rest of us have done and move on and enjoy the good times which are ahead.

[/quote] MOTR = male chicken.

[quote user="cityangel"]

This time you''re suggesting that Kathy has a good relationship with the Moderators and is enjoying special privileges, so her posts aren''t edited. Thats an insult to Kathy and also our moderators who to my knowledge have always acted in a most fair and professional manner on this site.

[/quote]Unlike you I have had a few posts deleted/edited (and proabably a few I wish they had done) but in retrospect they were warranted. "A fair cop, guvnor" as it were.The moderaters have a job to do, if its not to my liking there are plenty of other forums out there.I can honestly say I''ve never seen Kathy post anything that I would expect to have been moderated.