Sign in to follow this  
sonyc

Saying exactly the right things...

The PG effect is taking effect: Strong decisions being taken (Gallagher), ''No Fear'' messages, Shackell touted as future captain (I''ve long since held this view), Croft gets his first full run!, Goals against reduced and clean sheets, criticism direct and honest even after a great result (none of this work ethic crap, professionalism blah blah blah we got from Worthington). Now then two things to sort - a) new assistant manager, b) getting set pieces right - free kicks and especially corners -  I can recall the days of Forbes and Stringer, if one didn''t get on the end then the other did) - we ned to be a threat again.

9 out of 10 Peter so far. Roll on a solid play off place by late November.

Steady on...

Agree sonyc...Excellent post match interview...astute analysis and positive but critical of players, and no mention of that ''earning the right to play'' nonsense...

The general has impressed me so far. Will be interesting to see how he handles a defeat, and how he gets the players to respond to defeat.

However, the way he''s transformed this team in just a week, leads me to believe that our next defeat could be a long way off!

[quote user="Mark King"]

The general has impressed me so far. Will be interesting to see how he handles a defeat, and how he gets the players to respond to defeat.

However, the way he''s transformed this team in just a week, leads me to believe that our next defeat could be a long way off!

[/quote]

I agree, i am very impressed. I like a manager who is very vocal on the touch line, all the top managers do it. But the spot light will be on when we first lose as all teams have off days even the teams at the hight of a run, look at Cardiff yesterday. It''s about how you come back from a defeat that sorts the good teams from the very good. And the good managers from the very good.

I''m not taking anything away from the last two results though as they were excellent!

PG could be a master stroke by Deliah - apart from the results from his first 2 games at long, long, last we are seeing a manager who shows his commitment and involvement from the touchline, woe betide the player who chooses to ignore his ingame instructions

His after match comments are succint and to the point and he is not afraid to say what he thinks if certain matters haven''t been as he wanted. I have just seen his interview with Andy Townsend on "The Championship" and it''s really refreshing to hear a manager make the same comments that most fans would have done i.e. we played some great football in the first half but the second half just wasn''t good enough and things will have to change! No more drivel about work rate, energy, work rate, energy etc etc etc

I am not religious but PG could turn out to be a messiah!!