Sign in to follow this  
lucky green trainers

reserve team line up to play p.vale in cup?

after today''s tough and tiring game (alot of our boys looked spent by middle of 2nd half) should PG put out our strongest team against port vale in the C.Cup? (assuming its this week). we''ve got a tough match aganist an always physical stoke side next saturday, with hucks and safs limping off and drury just backfrom injury, it makes sense to me to put out the same side that won away to torquay and  r''ham.  cup run, wot cup run - its been along time i know, but i feel we should concentrate on the league.  as our first 11 showed today, we can compete with any team in this league and now we''re getting some momentum and beginning  to climb the table, we should devote our energies in gaining promotion?

Yes for definate.

Give the kids another run out now several of them have had a taste, let them have a chance to build on it.  Plus Louis-Jean and Thorne if fit enough, Mcveigh if he isnt knocking someones block off,  and then a choice of keepers too.

I would like to see Spillane in the centre of midfield, Ryan J up front, eagle on the wing and perhaps Chris Martin in the squad, he''s been getting rave reviews. However, i would like to keep the core of the team the same, only really leaving out tired/injured playeres. A cup run would be nice, although the league comes first.

I''m not sure about this one - I think we need to treat it as a tough game. Having seen Port vale play at Northampton recently they have got some useful players and I think they will be a tricky team to play away from home. This is a great opportunity for us to progress further in the cup and I think therefore if the big guns aren''t playing from the start, they should at least be on the bench in case things aren''t going to plan!

I think Shacks and Doc should defintely start as Port Vale''s front two of Sodje and Constantine will give us some problems! They are huge and very physical. Constantine has pace too! They didn''t look overly confortable at the back though and I think someone with pace would have a field day so at least one of Hucks, Earnie or Croft should play! Chance for Camp in goal perhaps? I would play:

Camp

Spillane Shacks Doc Drury

Louis-Jean Etuhu Hughes Huckerby

McVeigh

Dublin

Subs: Ashdown Safri, Earnie, Eagle, Flem

Hypocrisy alert!  When Worthy was here people moaned all the time that he wasn''t taking cup games seriously enough because he didn''t put out his strongest team.  Now he''s gone suddenly it''s OK.  

a win against port vale could be rewarded with a cash rich home draw against a top premier club so don''t be too quick to trvialise it.

having said that, it is a good opportunity to try things out. Just a question of getting the balance right.

[quote user="mystic megson"]Hypocrisy alert!  When Worthy was here people moaned all the time that he wasn''t taking cup games seriously enough because he didn''t put out his strongest team.  Now he''s gone suddenly it''s OK.  [/quote]

No it isnt OK. I still want to win the trophy. If theyve got injuries then OK rest them but otherwise go for it.

[quote user="mystic megson"]Hypocrisy alert!  When Worthy was here people moaned all the time that he wasn''t taking cup games seriously enough because he didn''t put out his strongest team.  Now he''s gone suddenly it''s OK.  [/quote]I don''t think people did moan to be honest.I saw it as a refreshing change, resting 3 or 4 first team regs isn''t a bad idea.

Ashdown is definitely cup tied - see article on official site.I think whilst the league is the priority, we shouldn''t take this game lightly. Would be great to see a top premiership club at Carrow Road for once next round. I admit I know next to nothing about Vale but this is how I think we could/should line up:GallacherLouis-Jean  Doherty  Shackell  ColinMcVeigh  Hughes  Etuhu  EagleThorne  DublinFor me that side should be well capable of going there and winning. Not worth risking Drury but Colin should be able to fill in. Keep likes of Earnie/Croft on bench in case needed.

Gallacher

Louis-Jean  Doherty  Shackell  Rossi Jarvis

Croft         Robinson    Etuhu       Eagle

Ryan Jarvis      Dublin

Subs: Lewis, Fleming, Colin, Hughes, Earnshaw/Thorne

[quote user="Alex Harvey-Jones"]

I''m not sure about this one - I think we need to treat it as a tough game. Having seen Port vale play at Northampton recently they have got some useful players and I think they will be a tricky team to play away from home. This is a great opportunity for us to progress further in the cup and I think therefore if the big guns aren''t playing from the start, they should at least be on the bench in case things aren''t going to plan!

I think Shacks and Doc should defintely start as Port Vale''s front two of Sodje and Constantine will give us some problems! They are huge and very physical. Constantine has pace too! They didn''t look overly confortable at the back though and I think someone with pace would have a field day so at least one of Hucks, Earnie or Croft should play! Chance for Camp in goal perhaps? I would play:

Camp

Spillane Shacks Doc Drury

Louis-Jean Etuhu Hughes Huckerby

McVeigh

Dublin

Subs: Ashdown Safri, Earnie, Eagle, Flem

[/quote]

Louis- Jean certainly isnt a right midfielder as  i understand it, a game at right back for him would eb good though.

camp and ashdown cannot play so gallacher will be in i think. team i would like to see is this: gallacher mlj drury flem halliday croft rossi jarvis spillane ryan jarvis eagle and earnshaw but i dont think grant will tinker too much