Sign in to follow this  
Hayden

Gobsmacked!!!!

[quote user="USAcanary"]

I am going to say something which may be controversial.

I think DH is one of the best players ever to pull on a canaries shirt yet.........

It may be time to let him go.

DH is not getting younger, we know he cant head the ball and his dead ball taking is very poor.

Defensively he is not great.

On the plus side he makes defences s--- their pants when he is running with the ball and is a matchwinner on his day.

The thing is once his pace is gone he is finished. he admits that.

Part of me would hate to see DH struggling after being a ledgend here. Its like watching a great boxer past his prime

Do we want to build a more solid 4-4-2 type team going forward with a big target man alongside Earnie.

Can we play both Croft and Hucks in such a team while still being difficult to beat?

[/quote]

agreed!

The comment Re His pace: Darren Knows he is slowing up, and you CAN see it from the stands... the hucks we signed nearly 3 years ago could mop the floor with Todays hucks in a race,..

Darren is a good player, and yes i have been critical of him in the past, but only because i felt at the time he needed criticising, my opinion is the same of all players... if they arent pulling their finger out then its not good enough. and in the Past even Darren has been guilty of it.

he says himself that "football is a young mans game" and said in Caanry Preview that he couldnt envisage playing ebyond 30.. we dont know what the cflub has done in the past.. perhaps they have offered Hucks a new contract but he has simply rejected it as he is planning to give the game up at the end of the season.

he does have skill, but will it be enough to take him past people when they can out run him? and for the person who said Hucks has "commitment, loyalty etc" he doe.. so does Craig fleming, who is 35 and now pwople are caling for him to be sold/retire etc... would u want the same to happen to Hucks or would u want him to go out in a blaze of Glory?

and to answer someone elses Question, im 25.. and not as fast as i used to be, partly due to dislocating my left knee twice.

jas :) 

[quote user="Lincoln Canary"]

Would I be right in thinking that any new contract signed would be effective immediately? In other words, if a player signs a renewed contract on higher wages they have to start paying those higher wages from that day forth? Seeing as Hucks has stated his desire to stay onmany occasions, the Board possibly felt his signature was in little doubt and that it would make sense not to have to start paying out that

extra money until next year.

Or am I just talking out of the wrong orifice? Confused [*-)]

[/quote]

Lincon my old mate , do you not remember matt jackson ? who was out out of contract , and city gave him a new contract , then gave him away to wigan , Matt told me he was over the moon ,. ( we went to the same watering hole ) money for old rope , can you explain how he was given a 2 year contract with full pay , then given away ?

Huckerby has said himself money isn''t a factor for him anymore, he said "i''ve got all the money i need, i dont really need anymore" so if thats the case why move your family all that way to play in a league that if you took out celtic and rangers (and possibly hearts) probably is lower than the championship in terms of quality teams and to a team where he''s not garenteed 1st team football everyweek, it makes no sense in footballing terms

so i think that unless the board make a completly ridiculous decision in letting him go, hucks will be a norwich player next season and hopefully for a couple of seasons after that