Sign in to follow this  
Hartsons Gut

Mcveigh you are a Muppet...

I have just listened to the game and i am delighted with the result, but now feel that Paul Mcveigh wants to leave.

Did anyone see the incident???

I had nothing but praise for Mcveigh last season, as i felt that he was the only player who had that bit of spark along with Huckerby. I now feel as though he is a real trouble maker.

This season he hasnt given it his best shot and considering we have a light squad i think that he has been a fool.

This is the only thing to tarnish a good afternoons work. Have any of you who didnt want Grant started to reconsider your initial feelings?????

Listening to Canary call, the bloke descibed it as a "ugly off the ball incident"

What happened? It''s not like McVeigh to take a swing at someone, maybe Gilbert called him a short arse?

Yeah i have been listening to it, but just wondered if he was provoked in anyway.

Dont know what Mcveigh was thinking, he should just walk away as he is a short arse.

I dont think grant will be impressed with this, do you?

wly won''t have impressed grant - seemed off the pace of the game to me, but seeing he''s hardly played for months, not surprised he''d be rusty. incident arrived after a tackle, both players squared up, and offered each other glasgow kisses (although pecks would have described it better) as although it looked like contact was made, it was minor.  according to the letter of the law, they should have gone, but as the incident was deep into injuty time, then perhaps the ref could have shown yella''s instead with a ticking off.  however, the ref was biased towards cardiff all match, how he ''missed'' our first half penalty shout was beyond me - and i was''nt surprised he''d make another decision lacking common sense.  in fact, earlier on, i was sure he''d send off croft for pushing down on purse''s head after some grappling on the ground between the pair.

Loved Neil Adams response, "whats the point of getting sent off for squaring up to someone, you might as well nut them and get sent off for that!" 

Also how did Mcveigh square up to someone?have Cardiff got a height challenged player too? Mcveigh would be squaring up to someones knees!

Handbags at dawn at the most, Referee has made a rubbish desision in my opinion, yellow cards at the most.

My favourite bit of this incident was the Pink''un report: "McVeigh seemed to lower his head towards the other player..."So he was about knee-height then? [:D]

Whilst the ref had a very poor game, from where I was it looked as if he had no choice but to red card WLY. Agreed there were only seconds left in the game but, the letter of the law doesn’t regulate for that, and if you strike, or attempt to strike another player its bye bye time.

More worrying for me was Mcveighs'' total lack of any impact on the game and his inability to hold on to the ball when subject to any form of challenge. Time to shape up or ship out?

Disappointing and Grant isn''t happy about it. I''m surprised at McVeigh. I should imagine he''s pretty frustrated with life at the moment though. He''s a talented player but his career has never really taken off due to lack of consistency. Let''s hope Grant can get the best out of him - if not I should imagine he''ll be on his way pretty soon!!

McVeigh deserved the red card. He went to headbutt the other guy. Okay, it was the usual mini-headbutt you get in football after players square up to each other. But we all know the rules, and he deserved to go. Grant absolutely slated McVeigh in his post-match  interview on Radio Norfolk, and I don''t blame him.McVeigh was having a nightmare of a game anyway. Gave the ball away a lot, and needlessly put the team in trouble. Shame that such a talented player should fall from grace so soon under the new regime.

[quote user="Pyro Pete"]Grant absolutely slated McVeigh in his post-match  interview on Radio Norfolk, and I don''t blame him.[/quote]Unless I misheard, Grant also said that McVeigh figured in his plans because he has a "footballing brain".

McVeigh came on and didn''t get into the game.

I didn''t see the incident but it seems to me McVeigh''s career at Norwich is at a crossroads, I bet Grant is absolutely fuming with him.

McVeigh has got two choices: he has already signed his farewell card he only has to hand it in or....he will have to work harder than he ever has to convince Grant he has a future here.

[quote user="Web Team - Vince"][quote user="Pyro Pete"]Grant absolutely slated McVeigh in his post-match  interview on Radio Norfolk, and I don''t blame him.[/quote]

Unless I misheard, Grant also said that McVeigh figured in his plans because he has a "footballing brain".
[/quote]

Did he call McVeigh a "wee numpty"?  I do hope so . . .

Looks like he''s going to be the first real test of PGs man mangerial abilities. Will he get him to knuckle down and get the best out of him? Or freeze him out?

McVeigh was a waste of space when he came on, and let the whole team down by a stupid feigned head butt.  On the bright side, at least he won''t come on for the next three games and we can give an opportunity to someone who wants to play for the clube.

I am in the Dicky camp on this...McVeigh was POOR after he came on with little or no impact on the game and to get sent off was the most exciting thing he managed to do.

Personally I don''t think that McVeigh has played well since he got his extension on his contract the last time he was up against the wall. A few seasons ago he was dynamic and determined, now he only contributes a couple of skittish runs and thats about it. I can''t see him being one that will get his contract renewed at the end of the season by PG.

I have always defended McVeigh but it is getting beyond a joke now...  He was appalling on the pitch, gave the ball away was brushed off the ball like a fairy...  I don''t feel he wants to knuckle down and play anymore. He used to play with a lot more energy a few years ago rather than his fancy dan attitude of recent times, its disappointing really.  To get himself sent off at the end there was a total joke.  He will probably disappear the moment he leaves the club ala Mulryne and Rivers...

He looks like a little girl with his new haircut and he plays like one too... Pathetic. 

I couldn''t see it from where I was during the game, but on ITV this morning Small McVeigh clearly nuts the guy just for something he said - what a stupid thing to do,considering it was right in front of his new boss

I''m not sure he even wants to play - enjoys spending his wealth eating food whilst sitting on the bench. Its a shame because he has a great natural talent, but needs a new attitude (and a haircut!).

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

I have always defended McVeigh but it is getting beyond a joke now...  He was appalling on the pitch, gave the ball away was brushed off the ball like a fairy...  I don''t feel he wants to knuckle down and play anymore. He used to play with a lot more energy a few years ago rather than his fancy dan attitude of recent times, its disappointing really.  To get himself sent off at the end there was a total joke.  He will probably disappear the moment he leaves the club ala Mulryne and Rivers...

He looks like a little girl with his new haircut and he plays like one too... Pathetic. 

[/quote]

I quite agree, WLY was rather hopeless yesterday, didn''t get into it at all and was giving the ball away extremely sloppily  - on that form he won''t be missed in his suspension and I hope someone else gets a chance and takes it.

Re: his hair, it did remind me a bit of the Peter Grant look from when he was last here!!

No one has mentioned Lee crofts attempt to get himself Sent off i notice.

McVeigh is getting singled out hwere but did anyone notice Croft infront of the Barclay in the 2nd half? He won the ball fairly off a defender (Purse?) and the defender fell backwards onto croft, complete accident... as the 2 were getting up, Purse ran off and didnt say anything.. Croft runs after him and shoves him in the back of the head for no reason! Idiot!

jas :)

hes a complete ass as he was almost guaranteed a start on tuesday at port vale, but now he has to eat pies for the next 2 weeks!! i was a fan of his but this season his attitude is appalling, he was the only one who gave a couldnt care less performance at kings lynn recently too. the time has come for him to shape up or ship out.

So now everyone''s coming round to my opinion, expressed many times on this board - that McVeigh (a very gifted footballer) is fundamentally lazy, doesn''t give a monkey''s about the Club, and only makes an effort when he has to. At the moment he''s slow as well, mentally and physically, and looks overweight. Since NW''s departure, WLY''s supporters have found excuses for his attitude hard to find, and it''s become obvious that it''s the player, not his manager, who has to take the blame in these situations. As I said some time ago - get rid.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

McVeigh is getting singled out hwere but did anyone notice Croft infront of the Barclay in the 2nd half? He won the ball fairly off a defender (Purse?) and the defender fell backwards onto croft, complete accident... as the 2 were getting up, Purse ran off and didnt say anything.. Croft runs after him and shoves him in the back of the head for no reason! Idiot!

[/quote]

I was screaming and blinding when he did that, so bloody stupid, I honestly thought he would be sent off...  He should have received a red card.  He was a very lucky lad...

At least with crofty he has been playing well, you get a bit of leeway when that is the case.

[quote user="Old Boy"]So now everyone''s coming round to my opinion, expressed many times on this board - that McVeigh (a very gifted footballer) is fundamentally lazy, doesn''t give a monkey''s about the Club, and only makes an effort when he has to. At the moment he''s slow as well, mentally and physically, and looks overweight. Since NW''s departure, WLY''s supporters have found excuses for his attitude hard to find, and it''s become obvious that it''s the player, not his manager, who has to take the blame in these situations. As I said some time ago - get rid.[/quote]

what we have to hope is Peter Grant is a better man manager than Worthless (not too difficult) and he can get the old McVeigh back.  A change in attitude is a hard thing to acheive, especially when someone like McVeigh has had a deepseated dislike of his previous boss may have led him to bad habits.  We will see how he returns after his 3 match ban, hopefully fitter, re energised and ready to play for the new manager in the way that made fans idolise him in the past.  As a starter he should get those girly locks cut.

Philbuzz said:

"Loved Neil Adams response, "whats the point of getting sent off for squaring up to someone, you might as well nut them and get sent off for that!" 

Also how did Mcveigh square up to someone?have Cardiff got a height challenged player too? Mcveigh would be squaring up to someones knees!"

There was no yellow pages action because Kerrea Gilbert like Paul McVeigh is 5"6"

Thing is CJF, "Worthless" (as you call him) made the old McVeigh.

He was coasting, as usual, in the reserves and if Nigel hadn''t have rescued him from the reserves and motivated him to play to his fullest, we would never know how good he can really be when up for it. Worthy also managed this with Kenton, who has now dropped off the radar again.

Let''s hope Grant can encourage the same thing to happen with McVeigh, but I have to say it sounds like a lost cause. Paul is too rich and it''s gone too far now, I think. I hope he proves me wrong.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

It was when they were both getting up rather than when the defender was running away. Croft was stupid to do this, especially at this point in the game. He deserved a red card & with half an hour(ish?) left the numerical advantage they would have had could have cost us much needed points! As a bloke behind me screamed the incident was ''f*****g pathetic''!

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

what we have to hope is Peter Grant is a better man manager than Worthless (not too difficult) and he can get the old McVeigh back.  [/quote]

It''s time for you to stop feeling bitter CJF. Worthy has been gone three weeks now and Peter Grant has been in charge for 2 games, with the average Championship manager being in charge for around 50 games he could already be 1/25th of the way through his time here. Try not to waste anymore of Grant''s tenure being bitter to Worthy!

See if you can type the name Nigel Worthington... try it... just once.. just for me... think of it as therapy [;)] [8-|]

I hate to imagine what you would be like if Worthy''s new job was with the Norfolk Constabulary!?!?!?