Sign in to follow this  
Hartsons Gut

Cluckin fed out with negative posts.

Stop he arguing, negativity, feeling sorry for yourselves that you didnt get what you wanted.

Stop winging about the new manager and give him a chance.

Im chossing negative cluckin as an example as i think that he believes he can see the future.

Who knows what will happen, but if people put the bloke down then the team will feel it to.

Come on and just stay calm.

[quote user="give grant a chance"]

Stop he arguing, negativity, feeling sorry for yourselves that you didnt get what you wanted.

Stop winging about the new manager and give him a chance.

Im chossing negative cluckin as an example as i think that he believes he can see the future.

Who knows what will happen, but if people put the bloke down then the team will feel it to.

Come on and just stay calm.

[/quote]

What a pompous and childish post. Part of a little gang of multiple user names then?

I''ll say what I think...as I want and when I want. Personal attacks on posters like this shows the lack of ability for mature discussion.

We''re not all gullible on here and some of us are able to think for ourselves.....so fire away!

cluckin this is quite true you do tend to make many negative posts, are you yellow fever in disguise? make a positive post for once!!!!

I agree with you, Cluckin. One of the many reasons I no longer post on this board any more is because the absolutely pathetic amount of immature and personal attacks on posters just for having an opinion.

And there was me thinking a message board was a place for debate...

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]

I agree with you, Cluckin. One of the many reasons I no longer post on this board any more is because the absolutely pathetic amount of immature and personal attacks on posters just for having an opinion.

[/quote]

It is for debate but people like Yellow Fever just talk junk, he is a serial whinger. I don''t agree that YF and Clukin are related since Clukin can spell and construct sentences unlike the other time waster. Any constructive critism is welcome here, but people you can''t just moan without having your own ideas, and i don''t mean just saying sack the manager, sack the board, sack the fans etc.

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]

[/quote]

I agree in the short time that I have been posting on thepinkun board Cluckin appears to not only be a very knowledgable fan but also the epithet of what a football message board should be all about...

A football message board for be for all fans to post their point of view...  A large group of people are never going to agree on a subject such as how a football club is ran...

The myself and people like Cluckin seem to have is the fact that our club seems to have been taken away from us after many years of loyal support and because of the blinkered nature of the majority of City''s fans who seem either unwilling or unable to think for themselves there is absolutely nothing that we can do about it.

Take NO notice Cluckin... keep posting and fighting for what you believe in...  I know that you are right!!! 

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="alex_ncfc"]

[/quote]

I agree in the short time that I have been posting on thepinkun board Cluckin appears to not only be a very knowledgable fan but also the epithet of what a football message board should be all about...

A football message board for be for all fans to post their point of view...  A large group of people are never going to agree on a subject such as how a football club is ran...

The myself and people like Cluckin seem to have is the fact that our club seems to have been taken away from us after many years of loyal support and because of the blinkered nature of the majority of City''s fans who seem either unwilling or unable to think for themselves there is absolutely nothing that we can do about it.

Take NO notice Cluckin... keep posting and fighting for what you believe in...  I know that you are right!!! 

[/quote]

Thanks for the support. I may not be the most positive person on here right now....but I honestly wish I could be. Sometimes the truth is hard to swallow and negativity is perceived differently by the various readers. I am not slagging this great club off.....as I have been a fervent and loyal supporter of Norwich City for many years. Smudger perhaps has touched on the very point I have been searching for.......in that it seems the club has been taken away from the ordinary supporter... and simply become a plaything for the present Board.

I see the so-called forums and press releases...but to me it is so much like modern politics that it makes me want to scream. I attended one forum where no-body dare raise a complaint against the Board....and I knew if I stepped out of line I would have been lynched. Why this obsessive loyalty to Delia Smith? SHE is not Norwich City Football Club.....we are....and without us she would have nothing. Without her?.....we would still have our great club to follow just as we have done sice 1905.

Basically, throw what you like at me.....because while my opinion might not suit everybody.....it is because I cherish my football team and don''t like seeing it hurt.

[quote user="cluckin"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="alex_ncfc"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Thanks for the support. I may not be the most positive person on here right now....but I honestly wish I could be. Sometimes the truth is hard to swallow and negativity is perceived differently by the various readers. I am not slagging this great club off.....as I have been a fervent and loyal supporter of Norwich City for many years. Smudger perhaps has touched on the very point I have been searching for.......in that it seems the club has been taken away from the ordinary supporter... and simply become a plaything for the present Board.

I see the so-called forums and press releases...but to me it is so much like modern politics that it makes me want to scream. I attended one forum where no-body dare raise a complaint against the Board....and I knew if I stepped out of line I would have been lynched. Why this obsessive loyalty to Delia Smith? SHE is not Norwich City Football Club.....we are....and without us she would have nothing. Without her?.....we would still have our great club to follow just as we have done sice 1905.

Basically, throw what you like at me.....because while my opinion might not suit everybody.....it is because I cherish my football team and don''t like seeing it hurt.

[/quote]

I was thinking of going this Thursday Cluckin... to say my bit and either get lynched or laughed out of the building and made to feel like I have just escaped from the asylum!!!

Do not know if I can bing myself to do it though... as I have been through it many times before...  basically you get just as much joy headbutting the nearest brick wall.

0-0 coming up to half-time...  PG doing slightly better than I thought so far (credit where it''s due)...

We all know that whoever we have as the Management team will not really matter though while Delia is pulling the strings @ boardroom level.

I wouldn''t waste your time either Smudger. I really did think there would be some genuine discussion when I went..... but in the presence of Delia every one turned very ''respectful'' and ''grateful''.........She is without doubt a woman to be reckoned with.....and that is why she has done so well in her business dealings. Good luck to her......but must stop manipulating this club and it''s painfully loyal supporters.

I was poked at for making the simple comment that "thousands of Norfolk people live for matchdays" on another thread......This is a fact and that''s why the ground is always full. If the said poster has never had this feeling in his gut at any time....he is no City fan......It is condescending to view such fans as less than perfectly normal. There is no shame in having such feelings and it certainly doesn''t equal ignorance. It''s called passion.....

We have been here before and I suppose an away win against Birmingham will signal a sudden surge towards promotion now.......

I stand by my view that Delia will see us down before she is finished and that Peter Grant will go the same way as Worthington in due course......with her full support. Happily I will no longer be feeding the club coffers......

I didn''t "poke" at you for posting, "thousands of Norfolk people live for matchdays", as that is a true state of affairs.

Your actual post was -

"but more importantly it would be heartbreak for the thousands of Norfolk people who live for little else on a Saturday..(or Sunday, or Monday...)"

My "poke" was -

"These have to be just about the most condescending words posted for some time. Many of us are passionate about the Club and all that surrounds it but it doesn''t mean that we have little else to live for when things go wrong - perhaps they applied to you?"

As for not personally feeling passion for NCFC - I have been a regular at Carrow Road for well over 45 years; I have been a season ticket holder for many years; my two sons are ardent supporters and season ticket holders; their sons are becoming fans; I have personally invested money in the Club on more than one occassion;  my business continues to sponsor the Club through more than one income line. It is also true that I got so fed up with what was happenning at Carrow Road that I stopped posting on this Board whilst Worthington was still the manager as I was fed up with the apathy being displayed by the Board.

However, I do have a life outside of NCFC as do all supporters and I guess that we dont live for little else on a Saturday..(or Sunday, or Monday..)

[quote user="cluckin"]

I wouldn''t waste your time either Smudger. I really did think there would be some genuine discussion when I went..... but in the presence of Delia every one turned very ''respectful'' and ''grateful''.........She is without doubt a woman to be reckoned with.....and that is why she has done so well in her business dealings. Good luck to her......but must stop manipulating this club and it''s painfully loyal supporters.

[/quote]

It tends to be like that because people like you dont come. Wouldnt it best if you did and then you could put your point of view over where it matters . As long as people arent rude or disrespectful we encourage all points of view to attend and ask their questions.

Your actual post was -

"but more importantly it would be heartbreak for the thousands of Norfolk people who live for little else on a Saturday..(or Sunday, or Monday...)"

Fatman...my reference to "Sunday, or Monday etc." was purely a point regarding televised matches etc. often moving matchdays to other days of the week rather than the traditional Saturday......NOT that Norfolk people have no other life!.........It seems that once ''downed'' on here everything posted is taken out of context and viewed as ''negative for the sake of it''.........

I only came to this site because I wanted a chance to air my personal views with fellow City fans.....but it seems that unless we abide by certain criteria laid down by others, we are out of order. Well I''m sorry, but I don''t do gangs and as long as the Moderator passes what I have to say......I will continue to speak my mind.

I feel Worthington was lynched by this inept Board of Directors and the appointment of Grant was a very poor attempt to appease the supporters. I may well be wrong about this.....but whereas everyone else was throwing stones at Worthington the scapegoat.....I was focused more on the Boardroom......and the lack of team ambition therein. My ''humble'' opinion remains the same.

Good for you in that your business dealings are linked with the club.......but aren''t you beginning to question where that money has been allocated........or are you anything to do with the catering side?

[quote user="cluckin"]Your actual post was -

Fatman...my reference to "Sunday, or Monday etc." was purely a point regarding televised matches etc. often moving matchdays to other days of the week rather than the traditional Saturday......NOT that Norfolk people have no other life!.........It seems that once ''downed'' on here everything posted is taken out of context and viewed as ''negative for the sake of it''.........

I only came to this site because I wanted a chance to air my personal views with fellow City fans.....but it seems that unless we abide by certain criteria laid down by others, we are out of order. Well I''m sorry, but I don''t do gangs and as long as the Moderator passes what I have to say......I will continue to speak my mind.

I feel Worthington was lynched by this inept Board of Directors and the appointment of Grant was a very poor attempt to appease the supporters. I may well be wrong about this.....but whereas everyone else was throwing stones at Worthington the scapegoat.....I was focused more on the Boardroom......and the lack of team ambition therein. My ''humble'' opinion remains the same.

Good for you in that your business dealings are linked with the club.......but aren''t you beginning to question where that money has been allocated........or are you anything to do with the catering side?

[/quote]

Whoops...the previous post "quoting" your entire reply  was a mis-post.

Cluckin, I am glad that we agree that Norfolk people do have a life outside of NCFC as at the end of the day we are only discussing football. 

I fully agree that you should be able to air your own views; it''s great that you don''t do gangs, and that you will continue to speak your own mind - that is what this forum should be about. However, if you are in a minority then the chances are that you will be seen to be out of order by quite a number of the other posters. A couple of years ago, before we even started the Premiership season, I questioned Worthington''s style of management which provoked many a vitriolic response, especially from one ex-patriat. If you see fit to question the activities of the Board then go right ahead and do it, and you should continue to do so on any topic you choose. At least you can construct a sentence, and can spell, which have to be plus points.

No, I am not anything to do with the catering side, despite being AKA as Fatman Fat

[quote user="FatMan Fat"]

Cluckin, I am glad that we agree that Norfolk people do have a life outside of NCFC as at the end of the day we are only discussing football.

[/quote]You''re not kidding. Instead of going the Cardiff game at the weekend I should be painting the kitchen/doing the garden for my folks/fishing/drinking with the lads/finishing restoring my classic car/house hunting.Still wouldn''t swap any of them for those 90 minutes though - Come on you Yellows!

I''m glad this thread is tailing off with good humour and understanding. Thanks for that.

I really am not some ''mouthy git'' sat here thinking about how to wind people up......that I promise you! I just feel very passionate about Norwich City Football Club and the fans that go week in, week out and go home disappointed.....in particular the away fans who spend big bucks and travel for many hours to be dished up with slops. No-one minds defeat......but humiliation is another matter.

It''s important for there to be balanced argument here and I do hold strong veiws.......but you can never accuse me of being anything less than deeply concerned about this great club..... which I''ve followed since I was a kid. It''s been an almighty roller-coaster ride over those years and to some extent that''s what makes following Norwich ''exciting''.

While I really do fear the worst with this Board as I see things now........ I hope I am proved totally wrong.

Fatman, I believe that I am the expatriate ( spelling corrected ) you are referring to. You are quite correct that I was quite critical of your view when we were just beginning our Premiership season. Vitriolic, I don''t think so. However, what is also correct is that the end of that season I came back and admitted that you, more than anyone, had early insight as to Nigel Worthington''s shortcomings. My issue was more one of timing....giving the man the chance at least to fail. I think I demonstrated the ability to get over that period. It would be nice if you could do the same.

YC - thank you for correcting my spelling. I do try, but being constantly under time constaraints, sometimes get it wrong.

The point I was making to Cluckin was that if he posts his opinions that are out of line with the general concensus then the likelyhood is that he will be lambasted. However, he should keep posting away as he is entitled to. I fully concur with his feelings of frustration and disappointment as that is why I took a sabbatical off this forum as ultimately I couldn''t see the point of my banging on about what I felt if nothing changed.

Now we are in a new era and I fervently hope, like many, that we are going to move forwards. I was a supporter of Bowen and I did not jump with joy at the appointment of PG. Having sid that, as more information became available, especially from outside the Club, it bacame apparent that just maybe the Board had found someone with the credentials to redress the horrors of the last two and a bit seasons.

As for letting things go, that happenned a long time ago but we should not forget that history can teach us some valuable lessons.

On a completely differrent point ,if you live in the New York or Boston areas, one of my sons is out there for the next few weeks promoting the virtues of "Old Speckled Hen" to the un-initiated citizens of those two cities and I could ask him to treat you to a tasting to celebrate our new found harmony

What is it with this board and using old posts to prove a point? I can''t be bothered to look back and I am not even sure if it''s possible to do it, but I bet a lot of posters complained back in 2000 when Worthy was given the job. And I don''t know how many times those people have said "I never wanted him to get the job in the first place" over the last 18 months! If Worthy had never got the job then we could be in the Conference or just as possibly we could be in the Champions League. Football changes week to week, this season is testament to that. And in the same way our opinions change. After Worthy was sacked a poster came on here advocating Steve Bruce to take over and thats only 2 weeks ago!

If Peter Grant brings back the good times and takes us back up where we belong then the timing of Worthy''s sacking will have been perfect!

Having had PG at West Ham, I can advise you that he is a decent guy. You could have pulled off a great signing. I think that he will go along way in management, but he needs to be given time to sort it all out and win his spurs. If you don''t want him, WHU will gladly have in back.

Just thought it would be interesting to bring this post back to the top of the message board now it appears that things have nearly gone full circle.

Take a good hard look at what the difeent people were saying a year ago when Grant ws brought in on this and other threads...

Take a good hard look at the few who have remained constant in their views during this time.

For all those that have had a go during this time and backed this board of directors and their decision to appoint this joke of a manager in the first place... HANG YOUR HEADS IN SHAME!!!

[quote user="Smudger"]

Just thought it would be interesting to bring this post back to the top of the message board now it appears that things have nearly gone full circle.

Take a good hard look at what the difeent people were saying a year ago when Grant ws brought in on this and other threads...

Take a good hard look at the few who have remained constant in their views during this time.

For all those that have had a go during this time and backed this board of directors and their decision to appoint this joke of a manager in the first place... HANG YOUR HEADS IN SHAME!!!

[/quote]

Hehehehe.....I think you could have stuck a pin in the back catalogue and come up with umpteen apologists having a pop at those nasty "negatives" who were upsetting their cosy tea party....

Happily it doesn''t bother me either way as my conscience is clear....and my concerns well founded.        [Y]

[quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

"that is untrue."

[quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]Now look here people at the supposed fan that will actual never support a single action that any present or future norwich manager will do. Well done smudger, feel all proud and mighty.

Smudger wrote

Unless of course you are wrong.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

What is it with this board and using old posts to prove a point? I can''t be bothered to look back and I am not even sure if it''s possible to do it, but I bet a lot of posters complained back in 2000 when Worthy was given the job. And I don''t know how many times those people have said "I never wanted him to get the job in the first place" over the last 18 months! If Worthy had never got the job then we could be in the Conference or just as possibly we could be in the Champions League. Football changes week to week, this season is testament to that. And in the same way our opinions change. After Worthy was sacked a poster came on here advocating Steve Bruce to take over and thats only 2 weeks ago!

If Peter Grant brings back the good times and takes us back up where we belong then the timing of Worthy''s sacking will have been perfect!

[/quote]

not such perfecgt timing then....  and certainly an appalling appointnent made by a failing board.

Unless you are wrong of course

[quote user="Steve Burns"]

Unless you are wrong of course[/quote]

[:)]

Being right or wrong isn''t the issue....but believing in what you feel is. It''s only the bigger picture that matters... not personal ego which so many of the apologists seem to prioritise........