Sign in to follow this  
Big Rons Brain

Pro-active managment

Isn''t this great, a new manager actively identifying the issues around the team, talking about them and most importantly actually doing something SENSIBLE about them.  The forum is now full of posts about positive changes to the team.  In five days Grant has:

Won away for first time in ages in league

Given Shackell a focus by suggesting future captaincy

Identified that playing Collin out of posistion to cover Drury is dangerous and try for quick loan

Start to name and approch players he likes; Pompey keeper, striker at Bournemouth

Brought the Huckerby contract issue into the open

Even if some of the above can''t be solved at short notice, you can''t help but feel that he is trying and has a great awareness of what the issues are, long may it continue!  Is a change from Worthys'' recent panic measures. On the ball city.

Yep agreed PG    looks to be fully focused on the issues ahead and he has impressed me so far with his comments and actions the future''s looking so much brighter and i am really looking forward to watching PG teams in action.

[quote user="Big Rons Brain"]

Isn''t this great, a new manager actively identifying the issues around the team, talking about them and most importantly actually doing something SENSIBLE about them.  The forum is now full of posts about positive changes to the team.  In five days Grant has:

Identified that playing Collin out of posistion to cover Drury is dangerous and try for quick loan

Start to name and approch players he likes; Pompey keeper, striker at Bournemouth

Even if some of the above can''t be solved at short notice, you can''t help but feel that he is trying and has a great awareness of what the issues are, long may it continue!  Is a change from Worthys'' recent panic measures. On the ball city.

[/quote]

Err, didn''t Nigel sign Camp from Derby and Boyle from everton to cover for an injury to Drury?

Agreed  BRB, so far he said everything I want to hear and more, cant wait to see him in action on the touchline tomorrow.

He''s had one game - and a good one. But this isn''t even the honeymoon, it''s the drive to the airport. There''s a real danger here of unrealistic expectations, followed by unreasonable recriminations.

[quote user="Big Rons Brain"]

[/quote]

You forgot that during his first press conference he turn the glass of water in front of him into wine and fed everyone there with just some loaves and fishes.

[quote user="Rudolph Hucker"]Yes, I see Saint Peter the Pointiff signs his programme notes off ''God bless.'' It makes me want to kiss his ring.[/quote]

Coffee all over keyboard!  Glad you managed to get that past the modifiers Your Rudeness . . .

[quote user="Rudolph Hucker"]Didn''t you know Mystic that is Granted and audience with the Pope and are so inclined it is his ring you kiss? Why am I so misunderstood.[/quote]

Is it?  I''ve been a Catholic all my life and they never taught us that in catechism.  I''m shocked.  Does Delia know?

Smudger wrote the following post at 04/12/2007 11:14 PM:

hahahahahaha keep the jokes coming guys you''re cracking me up!!!

I hear the clutching at straws from one with no credibility.

[quote user="Smudger"]hahahahahaha keep the jokes coming guys you''re cracking me up!!![/quote]Right i''m about to do something i have never done before. advocate a round of applause for smudger. why i hear you ask? because after 14months he drags something out, treats it as new material and laughs his little heart out, bless him.ALMOST as much as i laugh, when i think about him sat all alone at his little protest, Everything is better with hindsight isn''t it smudge? like clearly you would have been better off sitting at home and wandering if anyone had shown up to protest, rather than realising you''re the only moron who doesn''t think roeder is doing a good job.