Sign in to follow this  
clacton_canary1

Slagging off the River End

Just wanna add a bit of food for thought to all those people slaging off the River End etc. I thought last night was prob one of the best all round atmosphere ive seen at the club for the 9years ive been going regulary. But people keep slagging off the River End sayin its a morgue stand blah blah but what you''ve got to think about is that, its more of a family stand where parents bring there young kids or the older supporters sit, so i dont think the 2 old grandads behind me the irish guy with two kids aged between 5-11 and the family in front with kids aged between 5-12 would appreciate me standing up calling the referee a fucking wanker or standing up throught the game sining all the time (as much as i want to). You may say well thats what footballs all about if there gona come to a game and not support the team blah blah, well i dont go allong with that simply because they are supporting the team because they have spent the wages on tickets replica shirts food drinks and various other merchandise at the ground, its just that because of the sort of people the river end attracts, they arnt so inclined to stand up singing all the time, i mean they''ve all payed for the seats so there entitled 2do as they wish and lets face it if you had a couple kids or you were in you''re hayday and you couldnt stand for that long you wouldnt appreciate people standing up and singing all the time. I AM IN NO WAY SAYING WE SHOULDNT BE VOCALLY SUPPORTIVE OF THE TEAM because its a massive plus to have, just i think some people need to be more open minded before slagging of the River End otbc! rant over let my slating begin...

CC1, you''ve spot on. The River End does contain lots of children and senior citizens but, as I saw from the City Stand yesterday, they were as enthusiastic as anyone with their support. And the atmosphere is brilliant, especially now ''Cheeseboard'' is making regular appearances! As NW says, we''re ALL in it together, and the smug planks who have a go at the River End / Jarrold Stand supporters are just being divisive and doing the Club no favours at all.

Agree with you Clacton Canary...if people turn up at Carrow rd and spent there hard earned money and don''t sing, so what....we are all in it together, whether your 2 or 92 lets stick together!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The River End does serve a purpose in that it caters for the "quieter" fans. During the 70''s, when my boys were not even in thier teens, we had seasons in the River End upper tier. As my lads got older we moved to the Main Stand - which is not exactly noisey, before settling in at the Barclay a few years ago. The Upper Barclay now suits us perfectly in that it is atmospheric and we can make as much, or little noise, as we prefer.
However, there were times in the River End when most of the crowd could be moved to sing "OTBC"; "Come On You Yellows"; " We love you Norwich we do" - but they would never sing the slightly more "trendy" songs.