Sign in to follow this  
Cluck

HOWARD WILKINSON AT CARROW ROAD!

Howard Wilkinson has been spotted at Carrow Road........greeted it seems by Hunter. It seems the ''Old England Magic'' might be in the air............

you''re going to give me heart burn tonight with these scare stories - how''s a man supposed to get a good nights kip with the threat of  wilkie  hanging over him.  he''d make worthy''s press conference''s seem like the red card comedy club!

I can only hope you are winding us up cluckin after my mention of Howie in my "why it mustn''t be Hunter" thread. A nightmare of cataclysmic proportion.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

You are going to see alot of managers in and out of the doors at Carrow Road over the next week or so. There is an interview process taking place.

Years ago my dad did his FA coaching qualifications in Sheffield. His assessor was one Howard Wilkinson. My old man said he was the dullest, most sour-faced man he''d ever met. He makes Worthy look excitable and animated!

My old man once had a run in with Seb Coe in a Sheffield park in the late 70s. He tried to kick their dog!

The last piece of information was worthless, I just felt like sharing it with others ;)

[quote user="blahblahblah"]Just a thought, and I know it was in the stone age, but didn''t Wilkinson actually win the Premiership ?[/quote]

or was it the season before the Prem with Leeds???. or am i going mental oriental?

Howard Wilkinson won the last year of the ''old'' division one with Leeds Utd. Ferguson won the first premiership in the year we finished 3rd!

Surely it''s the same thing?........This Premiership squit is nothing but a Commercial tag.......as is the Championship. To me it will always be Div.1 and Div.2 etc.

I just pray that we don''t go down the road of the Sheffield Sharks...Reading Rhinos et al. If that happened I would never watch football again. Bad enough seeing ''winos'' wearing baseball caps advertising American football clubs...........

BLOODY HECK          [:@]!

[quote user="blahblahblah"]Just a thought, and I know it was in the stone age, but didn''t Wilkinson actually win the Premiership ?[/quote]

He was the only English man to have ever won it!

[quote user="ob1"]

He was the only English man to have ever won it!

[/quote]

he might be dull but he can''t be that bad then?

[quote user="Ginger Pele Ate My Hamster"]Years ago my dad did his FA coaching qualifications in Sheffield. His assessor was one Howard Wilkinson. My old man said he was the dullest, most sour-faced man he''d ever met. He makes Worthy look excitable and animated! My old man once had a run in with Seb Coe in a Sheffield park in the late 70s. He tried to kick their dog! The last piece of information was worthless, I just felt like sharing it with others ;)[/quote]

Don''t tell me...

Did Ovett, at the last moment, come from nowhere and kick the dog instead...

All those names you mention tend to be used by non-football clubs. For example: Sheffield Sharks - Basketball. Leeds Rhinos - Rugby League.

Rugby League as a sport had to reinvent itself to try and shake off the "flat caps and whippets" image that followed it round in the 80s and 90s. With the advent of Super League, most clubs got themselves a new suffix - Rhinos, Bulls, Warriors etc - though some already had names like that - Wakefield Trinity, Sheffield Eagles etc. In League it''s largely been successful as clubs marketed the changes aggresively and tried to get a new, youthful, family fan-base. However, this was something that needed doing to save League clubs from going under. Football does not have this problem. What''s more, most clubs have traditional nicknames anyway - as with the Canaries, Bluebirds, Binners etc.

No no no just clucking a thousand times no , you must make the distinction between the prem and the championship

you see we have led the prem the binners haven''t , a fact i often remind them of ,adding "never will" for good weight     

they don''t like that.                                                                                                                                                       

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[quote user="Web Team - Celia Sutton"]Thankfully my club, St Helens, were always called Saints and always will be!  And I still call Bradford Bulls ''Northern'' on occasion ...[/quote]

I''m still guilty of calling Bradford "Northern"... that or the "Dulls"! Luckily the League team I sometimes watch (when I''m visiting my folks in Sheffield) has always been the "Eagles", though what Eagles have to do with the Steel City I''ll never know!

He was the man that bought Eric Cantona to England! Give the guy credit he knows a thing or two about the game, I personaly wouldn''t have him as manager but i think for his achivements within the game of football he should be shown respect and thats what some on this board lack.

[quote user="ray ducker"]

No no no just clucking a thousand times no , you must make the distinction between the prem and the championship

you see we have led the prem the binners haven''t , a fact i often remind them of ,adding "never will" for good weight     

they don''t like that.                                                                                                                                                       

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[/quote]

I''m a reformed thinker then........Premiership it is from now on.........

This Sharks lark has also spread to Speedway with the Reading Bulldogs etc. Basketball has stupid made up names as well.........I feel a new trivial thread coming on!