Sign in to follow this  
stan the man

Worhty's Gone. Just need Fleming to follow.

I''ll keep this short and sweet! Flemimg you are C**P. The only reason you where in the team is because Worthy was clueless. Like Worthy you''ve not always been C**P but now is the time to do the right thing and leave.

Hang on a minute.

Flem is only crap now because hes old.

He was a top quality centre half. Im sure that he wouldnt of been our longest current serving player if he was crap always.

Sorry IFM but Fleming has never been a top quality centre half. Good enough for the Championship in his younger days, maybe, but no better than that. He should have left instead of Malky but it seems old Nige had a soft spot for him.

[quote user="stan the man"]I''ll keep this short and sweet! Flemimg you are C**P. The only reason you where in the team is because Worthy was clueless. Like Worthy you''ve not always been C**P but now is the time to do the right thing and leave.[/quote]

Nice one!!!

We can have KTF back now! (Keep The Fleming) [;)]

[quote user="Dionysus"]Sorry IFM but Fleming has never been a top quality centre half. Good enough for the Championship in his younger days, maybe, but no better than that. He should have left instead of Malky but it seems old Nige had a soft spot for him.[/quote]

I would say he is on a par with Malkay, both very honest hard working players, maybe not premiership class but nevertheless both great servants of our club.

So we have no flem, and Doc gets sent off.  We then only have Shacks and spillane at centre half - and injury and we are up sh!t street.

Yes he is too old but we can only release him once the season is over and have a replacement.

Poor old Fleming is getting on  a bit and can''t help that!  For the most part he''s been an able servant of the club.  Yes, he and Malky were a great partnership at the time, and at this level, and yes, in hindsight maybe the better of the two left, but it''s not Flem''s fault.  If he''s still playing and is too old and too slow to control strikers, why aren''t you asking what is he still doing on the pitch, and why haven''t we shown the likes of Shackell and Spillane more confidence and played them consistently?  Fleming doesn''t manage the team!

It would be a shame if Sunday was Flem''s last outing for us.  I will remember him as a loyal servant to the shirt, at least he showed some pride in wearing it, unlike some of his team mates.

Whoever the next manager is, he needs to give some of our younger players a real chance, not just cup games and as a last resort.  Even Ipswich have managed to do this and are currently experiencing better fortune than us. 

Did Worthy buy him?  I thought it was Mike Walker 10 years ago!  How many managers has Fleming out seen?  4?  I think that if he were cr*p  he might have been found out before now.

Craig has been loyal, committed, a good role model for younger players and more importantly incredibly good value for money.  He has had a long career because managers have played him.

When I read posts like yours I feel exasperated

[quote user="stan the man"]I''ll keep this short and sweet! Flemimg you are C**P. The only reason you where in the team is because Worthy was clueless. Like Worthy you''ve not always been C**P but now is the time to do the right thing and leave.[/quote]

An abominable way to treat a loyal servant of our team in his testimonial season.  I hope you are ashamed of yourself, but I suspect that you couldn''t give a monkeys.

As has been said.......every one of us reaches a peak in what ever we do.......then the inevitable slide down. Unfair to put the boot in on Fleming who gave his best. Time will remove Fleming as with every other player who has pulled on a City shirt..........

Couldn''t agree more Blah.  Some of the posts on here are a joke & disgrace. Not only is he a loyal servant but he does work for charity as well.

[quote user="Nick No 36"]

Did Worthy buy him?  I thought it was Mike Walker 10 years ago!  How many managers has Fleming out seen?  4?  I think that if he were cr*p  he might have been found out before now.

[/quote]

i think you might be right, since he''s out served Worthy by 3years the dates do about fit. and he only cost 600k in 1997 from Oldham im told, the fee might be slighty out.

So what? Bryan Gunn has worked his socks off for charity for many, many years, and it didn''t stop people booing him and criticising him for being "too old, crap and past it" in his final seasons at the club, and he is more of a legend than Fleming will ever be.

Fleming can sod off now, he''s part of a bygone era.

Fleming has been an excellent and respected servant  for the club...rather like Gary Holt, he seems to be getting slated by people who maybe found a bandwagon to jump on about, I''m guessing, May 2004, and are judging him only on performances at the wrong end of his career...

Yes we need decent cover at centre back, but slagging off Fleming is, imo, pretty idiotic...

A sad post from a sad man....There''s only one f in Fleming!!!!

[quote user="westoncanary"]Couldn''t agree more Blah.  Some of the posts on here are a joke & disgrace. Not only is he a loyal servant but he does work for charity as well.[/quote]Fleming has brought this on himself he should have retired last year at least.Did you not see his performance sun it was cringeworthy i could not stop laughing a total embarracement.Ime afraid its the same old story he should have quit whilst on top.Bit like worthy he started to embarrace himself stayed to long.   

[quote]Did you not see his performance sun it was cringeworthy i could not stop laughing a total embarracement.[/quote]

I did see his performance, but I don''t think that you can judge anyone on last Sunday, 8 of our players didn''t show up, and Colin was the only defender that came out of the whole shambles with any credit.

If you read Iwan Roberts autobiography you will understand all about the money for appearances that the players get!

So why was worthy bringing Fleming on every game be it for a minute or so all season. This was just throwing more money (That we apparently dont have!!) down the swanee!

I lost all respect for Flem last season when he slagged off the people who were protesting to get rid of Worthy when he stated on radio Norfolk "there are some idiots who just cant understand" about them!

Yes craig and there are some people who throw money down the swanee in order to keep you in pocket! No wonder he was so emotional about it! Worthington was the only idiot daft enough to still pay you a wage and he still kept doing it this season by giving you appearance money!

Laters craig you are history under a new broom without your mate! May you retire wealthy and healthy for your service but stop taking money from a club that does not require your service and cannot afford it!!!