Sign in to follow this  
Cluck

DAVE STRINGER.......

Just a minor point..........

So many names have been bandied about on here that my head is spinning........however the one name that seems to be consistently praised is Dave Stringer. No spring chicken I know, but for me he is everything the club and supporters need to get things back on track.

I''m going to stick my head about the trench and call for Dave Stringer as Director of Football (until the end of the season at least)....with responsibilities for signings and youth academy prospects.........plus Mark Bowen as First Team Coach along with Ian Crook as assistant.

Experience mixed with ambition and flair.........plus they all know each other well.

Worth a try?

That sounds a great team to me. Whether or not Dave would want the undoubted aggravation of life in the fast lane is another matter though.

I would rather Dave than any dull appointment "we need a lift as fans" Dave would certainly get the fans talking and buzzing again and i would love to see him in a role alongside a younger man! Rather than Blackwell, Royle or any other dull appointment!

You are not wrong Cluckin. In fact you are very right.

I have tried to get some traction going behind getting Dave Stringer involved with 2/3 posts recently without much success.

I love your idea of having him as Director of Football with Bowen and Crook in the engine room.

Delia says she''s been a fan since 1969, so she should be well aware of Dave''s tremendous achievements as player, captain and manager.

On top of that he''s Norfolk born and bred.

OTBC.

I reckon we all know how great Dave was in the managers seat. Some may accuse us of being backward looking in thinking this way........but I rate him so highly.

Saw  him play many times. Fretted when he went off to Cambridge to manage.....but he soon came back and is Norwich City through and through.....we need him more than ever now.

Come on Dave....I don''t know if you read this prattle....but if you do, throw your hat in the ring!

Not only is Dave Stringer a Norfolk lad he is also a Gorleston boy !

I worked with, and was a very good friend of one of the Stringer family for many years,and as a result spent a many hours in Dave''s company.

From what I learned then I am pretty certain neither he or his family would wish to suffer again the tribulations associated with football management.

Having said that no one would be more delighted than me to see him back.

Nice thought but if I''m not mistaken Dave must be at, or very close to, retirement age. He''s " been there, done that, got the T-shirt ". So why on earth would he want all the hassle coupled with the distinct possibility of a shortened life span due to all the stress involved ?

Let him enjoy his retirement in peace

I think Chris Boreham posed this question to David on his Sunday evening show, and he did indeed state that he was enjoying retirement! Would be very good, but I can''t see it happening, as also he wouldn''t want to risk tarnishing the reputation he has at City as being a true legend. Maybe we should leave it at that.

I  partnered Dave Stringer up front in  a charity six a side 12 months ago, and think you are looking at his wrong job being manager.

Having watched  Dion, and the Doc last Sunday I feel perhaps he deserves a chance in our next match.

I don''t know if Kenny Foggo might also be available to fillin for Hucks if he gets injured again.