Sign in to follow this  
Beaker

bowen?.....maybe not....

Blackburn No2 Bowen rules out Norwich return
tribalfooball.com - October 05, 2006

Blackburn Rovers assistant boss Mark Bowen won''t consider a return to Norwich City.

The highly-rated coach plans to stay as Mark Hughes''s No.2 despite being the fans'' favourite for a return to Carrow Road.

Bowen, who first teamed up with Hughes to coach Wales, is not targeting a manager''s role yet, despite the pull of Norwich.

No actual quote from him though is there? Given Blackburn''s "No comment" position I think assumptions can be made that City have at least enquired.

Given the opportunity he should come. If he then chooses to stay as number 2 at Blackburn.........then he doesn''t have the ambition or drive we need at Norwich City.

[quote user="D-Dub"]Blackburn No2 Bowen rules out Norwich return
tribalfooball.com - October 05, 2006

Blackburn Rovers assistant boss Mark Bowen won''t consider a return to Norwich City.

The highly-rated coach plans to stay as Mark Hughes''s No.2 despite being the fans'' favourite for a return to Carrow Road.

Bowen, who first teamed up with Hughes to coach Wales, is not targeting a manager''s role yet, despite the pull of Norwich.

[/quote]

Sorry don''t believe that !!

Welcome back, City Angel, haven''t seen you about for a while (probably reading the wrong posts!). I hope you''re right, I got quite a shock when I saw the Tribal quote - it helped me realise who I wanted as manager though, I wouldn''t have minded any of the other names ruling themselves out! (Well, maybe Chippy...)[*-)]

[quote user="Fat Barman"]Welcome back, City Angel, haven''t seen you about for a while (probably reading the wrong posts!). I hope you''re right, I got quite a shock when I saw the Tribal quote - it helped me realise who I wanted as manager though, I wouldn''t have minded any of the other names ruling themselves out! (Well, maybe Chippy...)[*-)]
[/quote]

Hiya Fat Barman, popping in to see you soon [:D] I''ve been away on holiday past 2 weeks, glad you missed me though.

As for Managers, quite understand Curbishley holding out for a premier club but don''t think for one moment that Bowen would turn down a chance to manage his own club  and one that he still loves.

My choice would be Aidie Boothroyd but I know thats a no go!

boothroyd is no good - look at how watford are doing and they play hoofball - we need a decent manager which we wont get cos the board are to mean

[quote user="Yellow fever"]boothroyd is no good - look at how watford are doing and they play hoofball - we need a decent manager which we wont get cos the board are to mean[/quote]

Oh for Gods sake stop moaning in every post and be positive about the future.

We have a great club, one which most of us love dearly and I''m confident that the bad times are behind us now.

[quote user="cluckin"]Given the opportunity he should come. If he then chooses to stay as number 2 at Blackburn.........then he doesn''t have the ambition or drive we need at Norwich City.[/quote]

so staying at a Premiership club heading in the right direction instead of joining relegation battlers (which we now are )Norwich City is lacking ambition???? ok then.....

jas :)

Staying as an assistant, rather than stepping up to manage on your own account - at a club that could challenge for promotion - isn''t overly ambitious.

if you read other national newspaers he is interested, I wouldn''t worry about speculation and ''I do, I don''t'' stuff. It always happens this way, he is not going to publicly say he wants to leave his current position until he is sure City are interested etc. But its not about ambition either, he might be perfectly happy where he is, both him and his family. Just because we in Norfolk say "Be our Manager" doesn''t mean that he has to drop everything and start again down here. He''s not even our manager and we are already giving him stick.......!!!!!

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[quote user="cluckin"]Given the opportunity he should come. If he then chooses to stay as number 2 at Blackburn.........then he doesn''t have the ambition or drive we need at Norwich City.[/quote]

so staying at a Premiership club heading in the right direction instead of joining relegation battlers (which we now are )Norwich City is lacking ambition???? ok then.....

jas :)

[/quote]

Sorry Jas, but I don''t get your point. Surely stepping up to number one anywhere reasonable is promotion from being a number two........plus Norwich are nothing like relegation prospects yet. Only 10 games gone and we''re written off already? Are you thinking the same about Spurs?

Dear me...............