Sign in to follow this  
Baldyboy

why we cant have hunter.

as he has today said i wont change things we are in the poo if the man gets the job! we will go further down hill and end up in league 1. what we need to do is have a total clearout of backroom staff and start afresh with someone with fresh ideas, otherwise this malaise at the club will continue for god knows how long. i am afraid though that with our "prudence with ambition" unambitious board we WILL get hunter as manager!

The selection process is going to take time.  If the players get their act together as they have shown they can do earlier in the season, then his stock will rise as the selection process takes place.

I''m not sure if he would be my choice, but I wouldn''t rule out the possibility of a successful team with him in charge either.

forgot he was one of worthys team and as you thought worthy was great blahx3 no doubt you will think the same of hunter? ALL of the backroom staff should be booted out as they all had a say in what happened on the pitch, after all were they not coaches?

[quote]forgot he was one of worthys team and as you thought worthy was great blahx3 no doubt you will think the same of hunter? ALL of the backroom staff should be booted out as they all had a say in what happened on the pitch, after all were they not coaches?[/quote]

It could be said that I was guilty of not having an open mind about Worthington.  Is there any harm in having an open mind about Hunter ?

so sir daz you would be happy for the crap that got worthington sacked to continue under hunter? the reason i said no is because according to the pink un he made the statement that he wont change things. correct me if im wrong but to me that means carry on as you are, and under the leadership of worthington and his coaches, of which hunter was one, we are sitting in 17th position in the table with the likes of colchester and plymouth above us who have managers who show passion for football not just plod along. you may be happy withthat but i would like to see us getting better not plodding along!!!

Duhhhh.

Do you really think that Hunter is going to come out and say how poorly coached the team were, and how he''s going to change everything??? There is a thing in football, and in life, called respect. You would be disrespecting the previous manager, his staff and his employers if you said anything different to what Hunter has said.

Stop taking everything that is said in the public eye as being the gospel truth. There''s a code of conduct and most football people abide to it - eg "He''ll feel he could have done better with that shot" when of course they mean "that was rubbish and he should be substituted".

I accept your points about clearing out, in particular I think Livermore and Webb need to move on, as they''ve been part of the problem for a long time. Hunter though has only been here a couple of months and I think should be given a chance to continue as coach. All Worthington''s failings shouldn''t be pitched onto him. 

I dont have a problem with Hunter continuing in some coaching capacity. I have a MASSIVE problem with Hunter as manager. I dont want to be relegated. Its time to let ambition have its sway over prudence.  

[quote] Its time to let ambition have its sway over prudence. [/quote]

I assume that you''re a multi-millionaire businessman willing to give the club a large part of your fortune ?  No ?

Well, it looks like we''ll have to wait for the restaurant to earn enough to start paying for the players then.

[quote] I have a MASSIVE problem with Hunter as manager.  I dont want to be relegated. [/quote]

I genuinely believe that if the players we have thought that would happen, they would start playing to the best of their abilities, as the alternative would be a sideways move to another Championship team (for the better ones) next season, with all the upheaval that would cause them.  Don''t you ?