Sign in to follow this  
ca

Doug Livermore

What are peoples feelings about Livermore, presumeably a new manager will bring his own staff with him and Livermore/Webb could find themselves out of a job too.

what purpose does he serve? surely as he was assistant the club should have given him the caretaker job but obviously feels he was not up to it. he should be got rid of too along with webb. keep hunter for the reserves and james holman for the keepers but get rid of the rest of worthys yes men. 

Funnily enough I was thinking about him this morning. He''s been at the club about as long as Worthy and yet Hunter is caretaker manager, I''ve never really heard him  mentioned either in the press or by the players that I know. I dare say he may be on his way when a new manager comes in...

[quote user="baldyboy"]what purpose does he serve? surely as he was assistant the club should have given him the caretaker job but obviously feels he was not up to it. he should be got rid of too along with webb. keep hunter for the reserves and james holman for the keepers but get rid of the rest of worthys yes men. [/quote]

Ask NCISA because I believe they sponsor him!

Doug is a good old scouser.......but not management material.

Good at carrying bags and sorting out the dressing room. Great bloke.....but he''ll be gone.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="baldyboy"]what purpose does he serve? surely as he was assistant the club should have given him the caretaker job but obviously feels he was not up to it. he should be got rid of too along with webb. keep hunter for the reserves and james holman for the keepers but get rid of the rest of worthys yes men. [/quote]

[/quote]

No we dont. We sponsor the assisitant managers position which hopefully will shortly be filled by Ian Crook or Alan Curbishleys number two. Who gets your money Nigel?

[quote user="Kathy"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

No we dont. We sponsor the assisitant managers position which hopefully will shortly be filled by Ian Crook or Alan Curbishleys number two. Who gets your money Nigel?

[/quote]

Well said Kathy....but he is a nice bloke for all that.......

[quote user="Kathy"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I really don''t have a clue to be honest Kathy! I would hate to have to make the decision, thats for sure. Theres a hell of a lot riding on the next manager. I really feel like the club is at a crossroads now. So much improved over the last six years, and although our league position suggests we are back where we were six years ago, the club is in a much healthier state than it was back then. It feels to me like we have stood still since relegation but now the club is ready to move again. Trouble is, after Sundays performance, nobody can be sure which way that movement will be.

I had a good look round the NCISA website today looking for that article about Andy Hughes, which I couldn''t find. However, I did find the bit that say''s NCISA sponsor Livermore :-

"and to continue sponsorship for a member of the Norwich City management team. (Dougie Livermore)"

Anyway, what would be wrong with a supporters group sponsoring Doug Livermore? A man who has served this club wll in the past as a player and part of the management team??

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Kathy"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I really don''t have a clue to be honest Kathy! I would hate to have to make the decision, thats for sure. Theres a hell of a lot riding on the next manager. I really feel like the club is at a crossroads now. So much improved over the last six years, and although our league position suggests we are back where we were six years ago, the club is in a much healthier state than it was back then. It feels to me like we have stood still since relegation but now the club is ready to move again. Trouble is, after Sundays performance, nobody can be sure which way that movement will be.

I had a good look round the NCISA website today looking for that article about Andy Hughes, which I couldn''t find. However, I did find the bit that say''s NCISA sponsor Livermore :-

"and to continue sponsorship for a member of the Norwich City management team. (Dougie Livermore)"

Anyway, what would be wrong with a supporters group sponsoring Doug Livermore? A man who has served this club wll in the past as a player and part of the management team??

[/quote]

Agreed Nigel. I would go as far to say that this is the most important appointment in the last forty years. Football  has changed so much and if we are to have any hope of keeping in touch we must find the right man before we are left behind in the doldrums.

We removed the offending article from the website because it was causing us so much grief (see other posts and also tonights evening news). It was lifted off the web page by the Evening News without so much as a pretty please and, as I have said in another thread, was not an official statement, just the view of the contributor. God, when I think of some of the things Ive written on there, I would have been strung up outside Carrow Road if they had been quoted as ''the official NCISA position''. Doesnt bear thinking about.

[quote user="Kathy"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Kathy"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Agreed Nigel. I would go as far to say that this is the most important appointment in the last forty years. Football  has changed so much and if we are to have any hope of keeping in touch we must find the right man before we are left behind in the doldrums.

We removed the offending article from the website because it was causing us so much grief (see other posts and also tonights evening news). It was lifted off the web page by the Evening News without so much as a pretty please and, as I have said in another thread, was not an official statement, just the view of the contributor. God, when I think of some of the things Ive written on there, I would have been strung up outside Carrow Road if they had been quoted as ''the official NCISA position''. Doesnt bear thinking about.

[/quote]

Well said kathy, it seems the only chance some on this board have having common sense inside them in their breakfast bowl. I wouldnt want you to sit on the fence, i like reading your contributions and take them as an individual opinion, just a shame that i guess you''re now going to be gagged in case archant treat it as an official statement - oh and dont you dare think about writing your personal opinions in the ncisa pink un column either! you just might as well pack up shop now.

I too value your opinions Kathy and appreciate that anything you post on here is your personal opinion and not a NCISA statement.

Presumeable if NCISA wanted to make a statement on here they would do so under the NCISA user name banner?.

I didn''t see the offending article on the NCISA website so can''t comment on that!

I can understand why the article was removed if it was being confused as being a statement instead of one mans opinion but as I don''t get to see the Evening News I guess I will never get to see it now!

I have never read any articles on the NCISA website before so I have no idea if you would get strung up outside Carrow Road for your views but I bet some of my views wouldn''t go down too well either [:)] I read your latest article in the NCISA column on this site and really enjoyed it, I think it would have made for some good discussion on here if it hadn''t been totally overshadowed by the events at the club after the Plymouth match.

When you post on here there''s no mention of NCISA and you are just Kathy with the cool Blakes 7 avatar! You should be able to post anything you want without it being assumed to be the view of the association. But if your views are quoted in the press as being those of  the Secretary of NCISA then I guess people will assume that they are official.

I haven''t always agreed with the views of NCISA and I felt the public meeting organised last season was hasty, that is only my view though and its not personal because I understand that the Committee were only doing what their membership wanted. But for the time it took from that meeting to the managers sacking it did seem as though the Club would be criticised for anything and everything from people who wanted him gone. I even remember a NCISA spokesman complaining to the press about the club wasting money flying to Torquay this season! I''m pretty sure it wasn''t you though! [:)]

Maybe oneday when I have more time I will join NCISA!

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I can understand why the article was removed if it was being confused as being a statement instead of one mans opinion but as I don''t get to see the Evening News I guess I will never get to see it now!

I have never read any articles on the NCISA website before so I have no idea if you would get strung up outside Carrow Road for your views but I bet some of my views wouldn''t go down too well either [:)] I read your latest article in the NCISA column on this site and really enjoyed it, I think it would have made for some good discussion on here if it hadn''t been totally overshadowed by the events at the club after the Plymouth match.

When you post on here there''s no mention of NCISA and you are just Kathy with the cool Blakes 7 avatar! You should be able to post anything you want without it being assumed to be the view of the association. But if your views are quoted in the press as being those of  the Secretary of NCISA then I guess people will assume that they are official.

I haven''t always agreed with the views of NCISA and I felt the public meeting organised last season was hasty, that is only my view though and its not personal because I understand that the Committee were only doing what their membership wanted. But for the time it took from that meeting to the managers sacking it did seem as though the Club would be criticised for anything and everything from people who wanted him gone. I even remember a NCISA spokesman complaining to the press about the club wasting money flying to Torquay this season! I''m pretty sure it wasn''t you though! [:)]

Maybe oneday when I have more time I will join NCISA!

[/quote]

Thank you Nigel you would be most welcome.

The odd thing about all this is that I did the Fans Forum in the EDP for two whole seasons without this scenario occurring once. And the column was reproduced on the website. I suppose the obvious answer to that is nobody read it!

without wanting to sound ignorant... who is Paul Darrow????

If he is some kind of minor celeb then i have had Email from Leo Williams of Dreadzone, New age/ Ethnic Dance fans might know who they are

jas :)

[quote user="Spacebadger"]On a completely unrelated note kathy I noticed your blakes seven thingy. I thought I would mention to make you jealous that Ive just had an email from Paul Darrow himself.
[/quote]

My favourite actor. I used to have a crush on him years ago. How come you got an email from him? What is he doing now?

Doug Livermore appears not to do anything! He is Mr Anonymous. I agree it was strange that as assistant manager he wasn''t given the caretaker''s job. This says to me that the board rate Hunter in his own right where as Livermors is seen as being too like appointing another Worthy - in fact they may be the same person! :-S

Doug is undoubtedly a good coach. The man has a massive amount of experience of coaching players. If you get the chance ask him about his time coaching a young Michael Owen.

Unfortunately it appears it''s true that Doug''s role has been reduced to a ''balls & bibs'' role but this is down to our recently departed.

As for his future I doubt he''s losing much sleep as he is going to retire at the end of the season anyway.

As for Keith Webb, I''m sure that he''s a really nice bloke....................................................