Sign in to follow this  
Mike Abram

Huckerby & Earnshaw

There doesn''t seem too much doubt to me that Huckerby and Earnshaw were Worthington men. You only had to look at their performances on Sunday - they seemed just about the only two trying, plus what Worthington said about Hucks afterwards, and how Earnshaw reacted after the goal / game / yesterday at the Wales press conferences.

So am I the only one worried that these two might suddenly decide somewhere else is a better place to be in January?

Whoever comes in must get both men''s respect. And that definitely means no Robson or Keegan...

I reckon that both men appreciated what Worthington did for them, Neither of them were getting games for their clubs, in the case of Earnshaw he desperately needed a new start away from WBA.

I think that they would try hard for any manager, they are both very competitive footballers.  However, there is a danger that if Earnshaws'' goals become meaningless consolations for too long, that he will leave, and frankly, who could blame him.

Huckerby has already stated that Norwich will be his last club.

I don''t agree with that. I believe both want to play for the club but not Worthy. Hucks has had high profile fallings out with Worthy before and if you listened to Radio Norfolk after Sunday, Earnie was asked whether he felt sorry for the manager and he totally ignored the question. It didn''t strike me at all that he was in support of Worthy staying.

I received the video of the Burnley game (whole 90 minutes) and watched it yesterday, and yes I agree with Mike about there were only Hucks and Earnie were played for Worthy.

Hucks was backed in training a few days and he was not not match fit, also in the 2nd half he was struggled with injury too, but chose to play on to play 90 minutes for Worthy. Earnie, we all knew he always had smile on his face on the field, but the goal he scored, a good goal of course, you can see his face was showed completely hopeless because he knew that it was too late! Also in the start of the 2nd half when Croft cross to him and he headed it high, he was so frustrated because he knew if he got that in, it''s game on. Passion and desire, I must have to say, more than Dean Ashton!!!

Hucks and Earnie, definitely legend for Norwich City Football Club!!!