Sign in to follow this  
Tumbleweed

I'm an Ipswich supporter

...well at least temporarily.

the thing I most desire on Monday is for Ipswich to beat Sunderland. How I would laugh if they helped us into the Premier League by denting the hopes of our nearest challengers for a top two spot.

I am afraid to admit it but self interest and the delightful irony means I''ll be cheering them on for 90 minutes. And no longer. What a state to be in!!

I got "done" by CityAngel for hoping WBA beat Ipswich and ruined their play-off hopes rather than help us win the league, so to prove I''m not one of those "at least the scum lost" types I''ll be singing for the binners come monday afternoon. Well not singing as such, more secretly hoping they win. Which may not help, as I spent today being a secret Gillingham fan and they didn''t do the business for me...

Me too Tumbleweed,anyone who is playing Sunderland will get my full support until they can''t catch us anymore.

Any more than 90 minutes and you might need to be checked into the funny farm. Apparently that''s where Potato head and Colin are heading!

Yep. Me too. I''ll probably come out in a rash but its got to be done. Come on you blues.

I''m gutted Tumbleweed!. And you of all people, a public flogging candidate if ever I saw one. I''ve noted your motives, but you''ve even used the ''I'' word, 60 lashes are in order I think!.

I cant believe what I''m hearing, R u all insane? Promotion chasers or promotion chaser beaters ipswich are still the scum from a small town in essex. They''re still the ultimate lowlives on the planet. I live there, do you have any idea how much hostility they feel towards us? Any Ipswich fan will be hoping that norwich plummet from the throne of 1st place in the next few weeks, and i will for one be hoping to see ipswich freefall out of the play-off places and into mid-table obscurity come the end of the season. Blue and white are still the colours of Satan, and should be mocked, booed and abused all the way on our trip to the higher place. ROCK ON NORWICH CITY!

Not the slightest bit interested in any other 1st Division club''s results, just as long as we grind out what we require to reach the Premiership. Sunderland will be up for it and I think they will get a result. As far as I''m concerned, let everyone else fight over the play-off position''s and we crack on with the job in hand.

Paul...thats exactly why i want Ipswich to win against Sunderland...to keep us top,look mate all and i mean all that matters is that we get to the promised land,i don''t care what happens to the scum.Remember Norwich City is all that matters.!!

paul mate, i feel very sad for you, and i have been there, living in deepest suffolk on and off over the years, but i do know a lot of ipswich fans who although, naturally support their team first, acknowledge what a great season we are having and wish they were in our place

one of my best friends supports ipswich, and yes, there are fans on both sides who truly hate each other, but you have to ask yourself, what does it achieve, isn''t there enough hatred in the world? Do you really, hand on heart hate anyone just because they support another team from you?

I do hope not. Yes, sometimes i have a sly laugh if they lose 3-0 or so, but only for a moment, i do call them scummers, but only in the most friendly manner and i will gladly buy any ipswich fan a drink. Come on; footie fans get enough bad press without all this, try and see the bigger picture, we are all FOOTBALL fans and should try and get on with each other

I have lived through over 30 years as a norwich fan, and i will support my club till the day i die, but i cannot hate anyone just because they support ipswich, come on, have a think about it, go out into deepest IP1, find an ipswich fan, buy him or her a drink and talk football, i think you will be pleasantly suprised, they are not aliens, just people like you and me

sorry, don''t mean to do a sunday sermon, but this is something i do feel passionately about.

I''m with DD here. Paul, the fact that they are so hostile reflects all the better on us if we rise above it and only focus on ourselves. As worthy has been saying in response to all the knockers, everyone else is irrelevant if we just focus on ourselves, nothing they do or say makes any difference if we carry on performing. Then come the end of the season, all we need do is wish them well on their journey to Plymouth next season!
Personally i''d like to see them in the play-offs anyway because there is absolutely no way their defence will stand up to the pressures of the play-offs so it''ll hurt all the more when they go out to Millwall or whoever!

well does it really matter who we want to win????!!!! it won''t change the outcome of the result so no needing having a pety discussion on whether we should be supporting ipswich or not!
lets just wait and see what the score is because however much we want something it is not necessarily going to come true.

I think every norwich city fan will put arch rivalry to one side tomorrow and hope the S**M do us a favour. They can win tomorrow then slip up in play offs!!!!!!! OTBC